Pet stories

monkeygirl

Aww! I'm glad they're making it worth your while to return from vacation. :D

This morning around 5 my pup snuggled right up to me so she was pretty much molded to my stomach and chest while I was curled up sleeping. Then she laid across my chest while digging her elbows into my ribs. That's the telltale sign that she's not feeling well and she will soon be puking. So I got out of bed and sat with her on the floor while she threw up. Then I comforted her until she felt better by petting and hugging her. About 2 mins later she was trying to get me to play. I of course cleaned up and went back to bed. I don't mind getting up with her if she's sick but getting up with her to play is over the line.

I went out into the garage to grab something a couple of hours ago, and there was a dead rabbit with it's internals all very nicely arranged around it on the step.

We don't think it was Daisy (she's quite elderly, although pretty spry, and this was a fair-sized rabbit), but she was sitting right behind it, seemingly gauging our reaction.

Well... they're generous cats... but it was a little bit like waking up to a horse's head.

I went out into the garage to grab something a couple of hours ago, and there was a dead rabbit with it's internals all very nicely arranged around it on the step.

We don't think it was Daisy (she's quite elderly, although pretty spry, and this was a fair-sized rabbit), but she was sitting right behind it, seemingly gauging our reaction.

Well... they're generous cats... but it was a little bit like waking up to a horse's head.

Well, I guess that's better than to walk in on her juggling the heart, stomach, and spleen. But only marginally.

I'd be here all day if I started telling all the cute stories of my cats.

Nikki's giving me some trouble though. Not for anything she did, but she got sick last month and over the course of a day went from a lively kitty to looking for a place to roll up and die. After taking her to the wrong vet (who just told me she was constipated and gave me laxitives for a cat that wasn't eating or drinking) I got her to another vet who noticed that her gums and ears were a bit yellow. And, as we all know from watching House, that means liver problems.

Anyway, Nikki got lucky. They don't know exactly what was wrong with her, but the medications they put her on worked and she's back to running around and is tired of my shoving medicine down her throat twice a day. Unfortunately, there was the little matter of a $1,400 vet bill that's effectively wiped out what's left of my life's savings (unemployed, remember?). School starts next week and I'll be subbing again and I'm moving forward with that home call center, so I've got work coming. But this month I'm short a few hundred bucks to pay my bills.

So, basically thanks to little Nikki, I've gotta swallow the pride and ask my family for a small loan. She's lucky she's so cute.

They ALL are.

Jesus Christmas has an annoying and potential pricey new habit. He believes the kitchen paper towel roll is placed there for his pleasure. Three days, I've returned home to an entire new roll, unrolled and him plopped atop the fluffy mess. But, yesterday, I finally saw him do it. He's like a huge hamster on crack. He does it SO quickly, I couldn't believe my eyes! I'm going to get some more PT at Costco and see if I can get video of him doing this, it's pretty impressive.

this morning Minnie and I are spooning in bed and she stirs, rolls over a bit too far, and falls off the bed. I laugh at her and call her an idiot of course. 10 minutes later I'm dozing in and out and I do the same exact thing on the other side of the bed. She's laughing at me, I know it.

You know how pets are supposed to look like their owners? Apparently they act like their owners, too... ;)

I finally got a new hamper last night, so I threw out my old ripped one... which led to alot of "I miss Small Boy" weepies between my mom and I this morning. Because he's the one that ripped it...

http://i352.photobucket.com/albums/r359/corcrystalli/smallboy_hamper2.jpg

Oh, small boy! What an unusual face!

What an unusual cat!

From my LiveJournal archives:

July 5, 2008:

Yep, only a month later than the typical first swim, I actually got into the pool at my parents' house today. It was beautiful. And it blew Small Boy's (he's the siamese kitten we acquired from a friend last New Years) little, cross-eyed mind. First he perched himself on the ladder and yowled at me. Then, he followed me around he edge of the pool and yowled at me. Then, he climbed the mulberry tree, went out on a limb over the pool, and yowled at me. I don't think he quite understood why his human was fully submerged in a bigbigbig water bowl.

This shock after I introduced him to a laser pointer the other night. It's like kitty mind control. I say "I want the cat to go there," I point the little red dot, and the cat follows. I'm becoming drunk with the power of it all.

July 21, 2008:

So, about a half-hour ago now, I go to let Small Boy out to play. I open the door to the garage, and Small Boy hesitates before he goes outside, like he does when one of the more senior cats is sitting on the step. But it's dark, and I can't see anything. So, I turn on the light, and there's a really big, fluffy raccoon sitting on the step like it belongs there, looking at me like "oh, hai person!" And I'm like 0_0 And Small Boy sniffs at the raccoon and walks past very nonchalantly. The raccoon turns to leave the garage, and Small Boy goes and walks by it like they're pals and he wants to play. And I'm freaking out, yelling at him to come back (like cats come when they're called). But there's no screaming like they're fighting, so I go inside to worry.

Small Boy comes back in 15 minutes later, right as rain, and demands that I let him back out after a quick snack by climbing the screen and knocking the back door slider open some.

Leave it to us to have raccoons that think they're cats, and cats that are friendly with them. Damn, I'm scared of getting too close to raccoons, too.

Sadly, he was hit by a car and killed August 4th of last year :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.