Pet stories

monkeygirl

My baby has an infected bladder! THAT's why he sprayed me!

Roy started acting odd yesterday-pacing, whining. He tried to pee on the living room carpet in front of me and when I took him to his litter, he yowled and walked away. Vet was already closed so I called and left a message for an appointment.

The 2nd ex-husband woke me an hour into sleep, saying something was wrong, so I boxed him up and drove like crazy to the ER vet. Four hours and almost $400 later-he has some sort of infection and this vet said she saw 2 types of crystals in his urine-one most associated with anti-freeze. We don't have any and the cats never go beyond our yard and are never unsupervised, so I'm hoping my regular vet has more insight later today.

SEE, Cashmere! You'd have gotten rid of him-FOR BEING SICK. This is why I tolerate bad behavior from my babies; it usually means something is wrong.

He acted totally normally outside the spraying, though. I'm hoping the 3 week delay in getting him treated won't be a huge problem.

Am SO tired and non-happy today. SO.

Glad he's okay! If the behavior is completely out of character, I know it can signal medical problems. I have a friend whose cat sprays every time she goes away overnight, which is at least 50% of the nights in a year due to work, and she tolerates it. Not me!

I look at it like this; they can't go to the bar and pound shots when they're upset and they can't tell us WHY, but they know they get our attention when they pee outside the box. If I KNOW I"m doing something to upset them and don't do anything to change it-I see it as my issue to deal with. I'm not willing to hurt them to get a point that they won't get across and I can't live w/o them (Seriously-I can barely go on vacation).

I bring them into my home, I feel it's my responsibility to deal with whatever comes with them. I wouldn't put a family member out for incontinence-so wouldn't dream of doing it to my pixies.

Isis is starting to prefer the garage. I was letting her stay inside while I was home today but she stood by the garage and wanted let back in. Wtf? I guess it's a safe haven from Quinn, but she's even preferring it to outside. I don't get it. We just finished day 2 of 3 of this powder stuff. I guess she does sleep a lot during the day anyway, but she's in there all night, too. I hate this. Hopefully after our trip this weekend she can come back inside. We're leaving Friday and kenneling her. I'm going to let her do extra dog park trips to make up for this.

She's back in the house, but she's spending a lot of time in the garage by choice. It might be because it's definitely cooler than the house. We'll see how she feels once fall arrives. She's a sissy about cold and rain. Still a Florida dog.

Or it might be to escape Quinn. She is loud and is pretty much up the dog's butt. All day long I have to hear how much she loves Isis. Too bad the dog doesn't like her back, she's the one person in this house who has the time Isis thinks she deserves.

We'll ask the vet at her regular check up in September when we should follow up with a fecal sample to make sure it killed whatever she may have had, if anything.

Cheetoh's new hobby is climbing to the top of the shower curtain - whether I'm in there or not. realizing it is way high. Panicking by crying like I'm stabbing his balls until I come and lift him off after getting the stool (My shower curtain bar is 8 feet high for the decorative part of the curtain that hangs in the not bathtub part is actually pretty drapes I bought that have a sea linen effect). Clawing the crap out of my back and leaping to freedom to run under the living room recliner. Rinse and repeat at least three times a day.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've been getting decent sleep-wanting to avoid seeing the 2nd ex-husband helps. I got to bed at about 6:30 last night. L-Roy started eating my hair and CRYING in my face and ripping off my covers at like 10pm and I was all WTF GO THE fuck TO SLEEP!!!

Well, when I got up at 3;30, he was inconsolable-just hoarse from yelling and cry cry crying. JESUS WAS OUTfuckINGSIDE. ALL NIGHT. BY HIMSELF.

And his baby TRIED SO HARD to tell me.

I feel like a nazi and I am SO SO VERY pissed at the guy that lives in my house. I left a note-I got NOTHING, no explanation, no apology. NOTHING.

I feel so guilty when one of mine tries to go all "Lassie" for the other and I ignore it. Then get up in the morning and discover there was a true emergency. I live alone though so I can only be mad at me. Goober-McGoober-smoocher should have known to let Jesus in.

ME, TOO. I'd LOVE a ****ing explanation. And Goober-McGoober-smoocher is the one who let him OUT in the first place. They do NOT go outside unaccompanied. I make sure they're both inside every night when I close the doors. I'm still really angry about this.

L-Roy slept like the dead all day and night. He tired himself out so much. I had a lot of voicework yesterday and by the time I sat down at 3pm, I was DONE moving for the day. He curled up next to me and was snoring in 2 minutes. Between the spraying because he was bladder-infected and this, I'll never doubt his crying again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.