Pet stories

monkeygirl

HA! I think it is because as cat people, we are familiar with the concept of being pee receptacles. Slugs on the other hand...

Also this morning I fed the outdoor cats. The-cat-that-bites-the-hand-that-feeds-it, aka, Handsome had a million sticker burrs. This picture does not do him justice but he won't let me touch him with a brush and I am not about to get bitten again.

I don't understand why cats insist on sleeping in burrs. And they're clearly sleeping/rolling around in them, because they're EVERYWHERE. It makes no damn sense.

A few weeks back, I was hanging my laundry out to dry, and Mr. Fat was like I AM ROLLING IN A PILE OF WEEDS, AND IT IS PERFECTLY DELIGHTFUL. And I was like "stop rolling in the allergens, I always have a reaction when I pet you." And he pretty much immediately stuffed up and started sneezing, with this look on his face like WTF, I CANNOT BREATHE THROUGH MY NOSE. THIS IS NOT DELIGHTFUL. And I was like "Ha! Told you."

• 3 weeks later...

Poor, poor nanners! :(

Yeah, Jesús dried up pretty quickly, but those patterns in his fur stayed for days. I'm hoping to ctach him on video jumping into the water. I was so impressed by his strength. He not only swam across the spa but got out of the thing and onto the ground by himself with no problem! He looked a little intent while swimming, as if he wasn't SURE he could do it. Once he got out, he was happy to be wrapped in a towel. He really didn't like the dripping.

I'd do something to entertain you but I am stuck at the library right now using the computer there to research a cheap laptop. Intel vs AMD what can I buy quick that will suit my needs. There is some dude who has tourretts that keeps blurting out things uncensored. Yeah. This is fun. At least I am getting my public dollars worth!

• 2 weeks later...

The-cat-that-bites-the-hand-that-feeds-it has a new home. One of my outdoor cats made the transition to indoors. Mostly to protect the animals that live outside as he likes to hunt birds and lizards. This is Nanner's boyfriend, Handsome curled up on the wing chair sleeping.

The-cat-that-bites-the-hand-that-feeds-it has a new home. One of my outdoor cats made the transition to indoors. Mostly to protect the animals that live outside as he likes to hunt birds and lizards. This is Nanner's boyfriend, Handsome curled up on the wing chair sleeping.

Well, someone took to the indoor life quickly!

I have a ring perch hanging from the top of Blue and Green's cage. It has some little toys on the side, and a bell hanging from the bottom. Up until now, they avoided it like whoa. The past few nights they've both perched in it to sleep. Weirdos.

HA! I did not realize I'd posted that twice.

Papadopoulis won't come in. The one time he did he freaked. I wish he would. I'd let him live here forever safely. He injured his toe and lets me put salve on it and take him to the vet but he does not seem comfortable in the house. When he did, he went to every window and door in a panic and scatched and cried so I feared he'll hurt himself trying to get out. I just make sure he's safe. He looks a lot like Handsome but is medium furred while handsome is long furred.

Handsome is a pre-owned cat. Someone in my complex took him home and discovered he scratched furniture. I found him outside in a rainstorm at Christmas sopping wet with his underside shaved and a piece of his ear missing. I took him to the vet where they told me he'd been chipped and fixed and has his shots. They called the chip number but it was no longer valid after the third day of attempting to reach them. So I took him back to the complex and he escaped. For most of the year he hung around at the front of the complex but came to realize that he could come to the back where I feed the other outdoor cats to eat. You could pet him for a couple of minutes and then he'd lash out and scratch you or bite. He's a great hunter and I've had birds and lizards left at the front gate. It was when he started to become a bit of bully to Pop I realized he needed to make the transition to being an indoor cat. He gets supervised visits outside when the other cats are not about but pretty much he's being kept in to stop his terrorizing the other neighborhood cats. Pop is the dominate cat (all the cats in my ourdoor collective are fixed) and was getting pretty beat up.

We are still working on not clawing the crap out of my furniture. Nanner still growls but Little is a happy cat doesn't mind him.

Oh, and when he bit me he had to be quarantined for a few days to make sure he wasn't carrying rabies. 10 dollars a day for 20 days. *sigh* I love animals.

Thanks for clearing that up, Spammy! How is Handsome doing now?

I don't htink I've shared a picture of little Olivina lately so here we go:

73430004 by aprilsaur, on Flickr

she sleeps like the dead. Lets you move her. Pick up her paws and punch her in the face with them. pull weeds out of her super fluffy tail.

She's pretty much awesome.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.