Pet stories

monkeygirl

Okay. So check this out. Tami! I made an appointment to take both of them in on Tuesday. However, I may have gotten a clue last night to the mysterious pee issue.

I have a tiny condo and my bedroom and bathroom are en suite with the litter box between the toilet and the bathtub. It's a tall litter box with the lip that rises up about 8 inches in an effort to contain flung litter. About 2 AM last night, I hear Little come of out his hidey spot in the closet from one of the shoe boxes and he's scratching around in the box. Lama sleeps on my legs at night and as soon as she hears the scratch of litter she leaps off the bed and goes into the bathroom and doesn't even give Little a moment to squat. She leaps in the box with him and starts flinging litter and trying to kiss Little on the head and in general won't leave a man to do his business in peace. So he gives up and jumps out of the box but not because he no longer has to go, he just figures he can pee on the box. So he does. While she is just making a mess and stuff. As soon as she realized LIttle was gone, she jumped out of the box and ran to pounce on him.

We are going to try two litter boxes. We already have a food issue. When I took Little to the vet the last time we found a lump and discovered he had a benign tumor and he was a little underweight. So he gets a special meal to kind of fatten him up of cooked chicken thighs and rice and has to be kept away from Lama because she thinks everything is hers. When she comes over he defers to her. She gets firsts with him even though he's the older cat. EVERYTHING is La's. I can't even grade papers at home.

For sho'! I picked her up yesterday to get her off some calligraphy papers I was making for a friend who is getting married and she's like a solid little brick of cat. She's getting weighed on Tuesday. In this picture she is six weeks old. She is now 2.25 years old and your typical female cat. When I got her fixes two years ago in March, she weighed 3 pounds 12 ounces in American weight:

JESUS she's gettin' big! And yeah-that sounds like your litterbox issue is identified! They're such odd little creatures.

Jesús has been sleeping on my legs when I sit on ther couch-just all of a sudden, for the past few days. That cat must weigh 50 ****ing pounds now.

We raise 'em healthy up in this nightly house! I'm still taking them to the vet anyways. Little needs his check up.

Why do the heavy cats love our legs? I won't move because they're so cute, but man my legs fall asleep under all that weight. Plus they're like little furnaces of burning coal. The fur is WARM.

Oh and another thing I've learned. Hide your good ear phones for your mp3 player. I have a nice pair of sony bass headphones with the noise cancelling thing and she can't resist them. I find them tangled up with my mp3 player dragged all over the house if I don't put them away from her.

Yeah, too late. I've been through that. Also, because this is an old house, I use rubber suction cups to put Christmas lights up on the windows. Jesús spends the holidays prying them from the windows and stashing them for play later. I find DOZENS of them all over the house for the rest of the year.

Why do the heavy cats love our legs? I won't move because they're so cute, but man my legs fall asleep under all that weight. Plus they're like little furnaces of burning coal. The fur is WARM.

Mr. Fat has decided recently that he likes to drape himself over my knees. And then he gets POed if I fidget just a little.

He'd tell you if it was okay to move!

My dog is being put to sleep in the next couple days. He started having seizures a couple weeks ago out of the blue, and the vet thinks it's a brain tumor. He's old and wouldn't be able to handle chemo even if we could afford it, and the anti-seizure medicine combined with the tumor symptoms make it so he can hardly stand up. :cry:

He'd tell you if it was okay to move!

Ha!

My dog is being put to sleep in the next couple days. He started having seizures a couple weeks ago out of the blue, and the vet thinks it's a brain tumor. He's old and wouldn't be able to handle chemo even if we could afford it, and the anti-seizure medicine combined with the tumor symptoms make it so he can hardly stand up. :cry:

Not so ha. :( Sorry to hear that, Irish. It is never an easy decision to make, but it sounds like you are making the right one. He won't be in pain. Wish I could be there to give you a hug.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.