Pet stories

monkeygirl

hate it when they start lose their Kitten qualities

He's still only 8 months old, but Roy STILL looks and acts like a baby. They tell me this is a Ragdoll quality and if this is true, I will always have at least one. I will post new pics soon . He has the sweetest little face!

And AW to MG's kitties!

I canna STAND it when they do that, it's fatally cute! L-Roy likes to try and bite Jesus' butt so Jesus lies down now when they play, but he's a big kitty so his pure white belly splays out wide and when he wraps his hands around Roy's head, his legs open wide as he tries to balance and it's HYSTERICAL!!

Murray's got the runs

oh...my

ALSO: on whistling? Every one of my kitties has always had a very strong reaction to whistling, not always bad. Pigboy got VERY concerned every time I whistled. I can always make them come to me by whistling, though.

AND ALSO: Speaking of my precious Pigboy, it was just 2 years ago last night he died in my arms. I still haven't touched the nightshirt I was wearning and stashed in the closet. I am trying hard not to be uber sad today...I'm at work. But I plan on drinking heavily when I get home. I still miss him every night as I try and fall asleep without his tail to hold.

Huggles to MG and Hanfan. Oh my about Syd. That's kinda scary. I don't know what Mara's dog got into but definitely the runs are bad thing.

mamalama's in big trouble. I came home from my second job last night and mama was not where she usually is when I come in the door. She is usually on the back of my couch starring at the font door with her head cocked. I looked around a little bit and suddenly this head pokes around the corner of my bedroom door and then pops back inside the room itself. It wasn't until I turned on the lights and discovered smashed crockery and Meekikikongkong whiskers spread everywhere. She must have just done the deed. She was looking for something new to play with and pulled the little picasso tea cup kept the whiskers in off the top shelf of my curio cabinet. She had taken the wad of whiskers and had batted them around. I can't be mad at her, but darn it. At midnight I was still scooping up pieces of cup.

Poor MG. Poor HANFAN. Poor Syd. Poor Mara (the person, aka the cleanup crew) and Murray. And good grief, Mamallama is one naughty cat! :eek:

Mr. Fat, who never once scratched the furniture EVER, now has discovered that it gets him attention and therefore potential lap time :rolleyes: Also, I am being shunned because my netbook is on my lap right now, and ankles just aren't good enough anymore, and he doesn't like it when I bat his paws to get him to stop scratching :hmm:

I'm sorry to hear about Syd, HANFAN. I hate when bad things start to happen to good dogs. :( The best you can do is love on her and make her comfortable when she has her spells. It sounds like Java is trying to help out, too. I know it's hard to watch... my first dog was epileptic and I couldn't stand watching her have seizures because I could tell she was so scared. So I sympathize and empathize.

mg: :( Wish I could give you a hug.

I am being shunned because my netbook is on my lap right now, and ankles just aren't good enough anymore, and he doesn't like it when I bat his paws to get him to stop scratching

You're not being a very good cat mom in his eyes!! I love how indignant they get when we do things like this! It's like, it's MY effing couch that I bought with MY money and NO you are not allowed to destroy it 'cause you're BORED QUIT LOOKIN' AT ME like I asked you to stop breathing!!! babies!

mg: :( Wish I could give you a hug.

thanks. The sentiment is almost as good as a real hug. I never thought I'd miss anyone this much. It doesn't come as often as it did and it's becoming easier to delay, but when it does, it's just as horribly painful as the night he died. I miss him so much. Where did "he" GO? Why can't I have him for as long as you're supposed to have a kitty? Was I bad? *criez*

thanks. The sentiment is almost as good as a real hug. I never thought I'd miss anyone this much. It doesn't come as often as it did and it's becoming easier to delay, but when it does, it's just as horribly painful as the night he died. I miss him so much. Where did "he" GO? Why can't I have him for as long as you're supposed to have a kitty? Was I bad? *criez*

((((hugs!))))

The scene of the crime

So... what was the crime, exactly? Beyond being cute and all...

Okay, we created a monster. Foozle didn't watch tv with me last night as is our custom, so she snuck into my bedroom (which is off-limits) as I was going to bed. So, I was hearing "squeak squeak squeak" from her and then a response "squeak" from the other side of the closed door. Mr. Fat wanted in on the action. I kicked Foozle out, and heard elephant stampeding, so I went to moderate. I only saw Fat. So, I bent down, scritched his ears and said goodnight. He runs over to me and takes his claws to the back of my ankle as is his custom when he's PISSED at me :hmm: I shut the door, and you'd think the velociraptors were on the hunt. Then, he buttered someone up to let him outside, because he continued the assault from the windowbox under my window as I was trying to sleep. He wanted IN MY ROOM WITH ME DAMNIT and he WASN'T GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.

The twerp is sprawled out on my lap right now.

um, hiee! Did you miss the spilled vitamin water?! i HAD STUFF THERE. Roy did it so I'd get up and he could have my chair!

OOOHHHHH. The paper towels looked like a wadded up plastic bag to me for some reason :lol: What a little snotblossom you have!

Tell me! He's very determined to get his way, no matter what.

DS, I have NO idea! Jesus was a shelter find. I didn't think he'd get THAT big. I posted pics here and someone here said he looked like he was going to get huge, I don't remember who that was, but I remember worrying. If he gets any bigger, I'm going to have to get him a dog license. Roy, I was told would get big by his breeder. I guess all Ragdolls are on the girthy side. Roy's a lot of fur but Jesus is solid. He has to go to the doctor today so I'll find out how much he weighs. I'm guessing 15-18 lbs. But Roy's still a KITTEN and he already takes up my whole chair. I may have to move in a couple years.

They're being very quiet all of a sudden....

I can't bring myself to watch that video. It looks sad.

I had a fun pet night last night because a friend stayed the night along with her 7 pound Miniature Pinscher. The puppy loved being chased around endlessly. The kitty was not amused.

My boyfriend snapped this picture before the fun began that night. My only question: is Pixie the angel over Calli's shoulder or the devil?

puppy and kitty.jpg

Guest REVROSWELL

A bogie update...My old friend is sliding into basset geezerhood. He is 77 years old in dog years and that scares me to death because he is my bud. More than a friend its hard to describe, we have been through so much, a wife, two businesses, two girlfriends, traveled have eat cake and have had to eat crumbs....Man has it really been 12 years? I hope he lives to be a hundred....rr

Oh all the pics are from 2009 and 2010 ....

So. We have a new cat.

My sister found her in the boat lot by our house a couple of nights ago (yes, we live inland and we have a boat lot...). She's maybe 4 months old, and looks almost exactly like our old lady Daisy. Which freaks us out a little. Mr. Fat came to us about four months before Tigger (our other tiger cat) passed, and we got Foozle just after our other black and white cat Bitsy passed... and Daisy is 15 years old now.

The new kitty was supposed to go to the Humane Society, but we're suckers for kittens. My sister has decided her name is Angel, but I said that she looked like Daisy's doppelganger, and then noted that Mr. Fat probably thinks that's some kind of German pastry. So I've been calling her "the little German pastry" :shrug:

Kittah says hi: ncvfp[[[[[[;;'f

Guest REVROSWELL

Thanks Pong! I have had lots of dogs all manly dogs, pit bulls rottweilers, then when my friend died she gave me Bogie when he was about a year old. I don't know what it is about basset hounds but I have never cared well ****..LOVED a dog as much as that furturd. It must be cause they look so sad. Or one day I was looking at him in my bed (after tucking him in yeah I am a basset slave) I noticed that he had similar proportions as a baby, big head short stubby arms and legs....big ears...a tail ...ha I think am getting computer stupid...time to do something instead of writing grant proposals...

Hey Basil said to tell all you guys he said Hi. No kidding. Basil, now my friend, is studying Zen Buddhism.

rr

Bogie swims every time (daily) we go to the river ..its a over exposed pic but I liked the subject....one of a series of bogie sleeping with his favorite quilt, shot last winter, man how I miss those nice cold crisp days so does Bogie!

Oh hai new kittah!

^ does not show her coloring well. This does:

Also, she hates the other cats, but she wants to cuddle with Mr. Fat. It freaks him out when she snuggles up close and hisses at another cat walking by.

I really hate the term "fur baby."

Oh, that's just because you HAVE NO SOUL!!

I can't bring myself to watch that video. It looks sad

DON'T. I watched it hoping it ends well. It does not. Now I am sick and crying.

is Pixie the angel over Calli's shoulder or the devil?

Pixie is jeliss of Calli's wholesome goodness.

So. We have a new cat.

OMG you're worse than ME! Thanks! :)

So I've been calling her "the little German pastry" :shrug:

Call her Kuchen! I call L-Roy "my little cupcake"

I love yer Bogie pics, REV!

Meee, too! Can't get enough!

Hey Basil said to tell all you guys he said Hi. No kidding. Basil, now my friend, is studying Zen Buddhism.

It suits him. Tell him Lydia said hay.

Oh, that's just because you HAVE NO SOUL!!
I'm not a ginger.

This is more of a slick, slimy baby story, but I've been getting way, waaaaaay too much delight in feeding my frog blood worms via eye-dropper.

She knows what the dropper is (or at least what it means), gets excited when it appears, and practically shoves her entire head in the thing, rather than wait for the little worm tails to appear as the dropper is squeezed. Such a pig. And she's taken to bitch-slapping any tetras that get too close to her and her food now, too. I like my frog.

:eek:

So. We have a new cat.

OMG you're worse than ME! Thanks! :)

So I've been calling her "the little German pastry" :shrug:

Call her Kuchen! I call L-Roy "my little cupcake"

hahaha, five times worse? We're worse than almost everyone we know except the lady that runs the no-kill rescue and adoption center. Not counting the farmers with way too many barn cats :(

And I like that name! My dad might even cotton to the cat if she has a German name, too...

She knows what the dropper is (or at least what it means), gets excited when it appears, and practically shoves her entire head in the thing, rather than wait for the little worm tails to appear as the dropper is squeezed. Such a pig. And she's taken to bitch-slapping any tetras that get too close to her and her food now, too. I like my frog.

:eek:

Damnit, now I want a pet frog.

Guest REVROSWELL

Bogie loves cats, he says they are delicious....Wait for a moment...What did you say Bogie? I ain't your slave!...

rr

post-0-127317837621_thumb.jpgpost-0-127317714451_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.