Pet stories

monkeygirl

YAY for BOB! He's bringing you holiday gifts!

Did you ever find Pedro?

My kittehs are RUINING Christmas. Jesus makes a bed under the tree every night and EATS the damn fake snow. The baby wiggles hisself in there with him and there's not a lot of room; the tree is very full. Little rodents.

My kittehs are RUINING Christmas. Jesus makes a bed under the tree every night and EATS the damn fake snow.
That's great!

We find Luca under the tree just about every morning, but she doesn't ruin anything (well, she moves stuff around a little, but that's OK). She's clearly a better kitty than Jesus!

Cabbage (the stray cat that we feed) is now living between the wheelie-bins on our drive. I really really want to take her in, but our indoor kitties haven't had their boosters for over 10 years, and the house has been rigorously de-flea-ified. Sadface. The kitteh shouldn't be out in this weather, she's huge and so so affectionate, me and my mum love her but dad has taken a stand and says our cats take priority. She is beautiful and has very thick fur.

Cabbage (the stray cat that we feed) is now living between the wheelie-bins on our drive. I really really want to take her in, but our indoor kitties haven't had their boosters for over 10 years, and the house has been rigorously de-flea-ified. Sadface. The kitteh shouldn't be out in this weather, she's huge and so so affectionate, me and my mum love her but dad has taken a stand and says our cats take priority. She is beautiful and has very thick fur.

OMG she's gorgeous! good on you for feeding her Daggy :heart:

My kittehs are RUINING Christmas. Jesus makes a bed under the tree every night and EATS the damn fake snow. The baby wiggles hisself in there with him and there's not a lot of room; the tree is very full. Little rodents.

At least you have a tree. I believe my cousins decided to forgo the tree this year, what with the hyperactive 9 month old kitten that climbs the tree, and then gets the five other not kittens who all weigh somewhere between 10 and 25 pounds to climb with him...

They decorated one of the cats instead. I should ask if I can post some of the pics they took, because they're funnier than hell...

Dags, do you have a no-kill shelter in the area that can place Cabbage in a good home, or maybe put a notice up at your vet's office that Cabbage needs a person to adopt? She is BEAUTIFUL!

Dags, do you have a no-kill shelter in the area that can place Cabbage in a good home, or maybe put a notice up at your vet's office that Cabbage needs a person to adopt? She is BEAUTIFUL!

They're all no-kill over here, there's one nearby, but they're also a cattery/kennels, so might not have room over Christmas. The notices are a great idea, we'll have to get some put up on my next day off!

That's great!...She's clearly a better kitty than Jesus!

EVERYBODY is a better kitty than Jesus. I even have seizure-inducing lights under the fake snow and he doesn't seem to be bothered by them. This morning, I woke to find he'd chewed open one of my carefully-wrapped gifts. He also still has food issues. I have to clean the kitchen before I eat dinner or he's in there licking the saute pan clean before it's cooled down or shoving his giant head in the garbage disposal to get at the fat cut off the meat. And the baby-who I haven' t yet named- is learning all his bad habits. I know where the term copy cat came from now.

dad has taken a stand and says our cats take priority

Can you find Dad another home? SRSLY, I get this, but could you build kitty a shelter or something?

which I get to scrape up off the patio!

I know, but he LOVES you and is bringing you the best compliments!

My dogs knocked over the tree while they were playing

I'm afraid that's my next surprise from the fur babies. They're lucky they're cute.

My dogs knocked over the tree while they were playing

I'm afraid that's my next surprise from the fur babies. They're lucky they're cute.

I always tell Mara that she is lucky she is so damn cute. Yesterday I had some friends over and Mara was so excited. She kept trying to jump on them even though she's not supposed to. Then she made me get up TWICE last night because she was whining in her crate. But this morning after I put her food out she was just sitting there nice and calm, looking up at me with the cutest expression on her face, and I couldn't help but kiss her face all over. Yeah, she has me whipped big time.

She finally lies down and goes to sleep after an hour because she realizes it's going to be a long trip. Every once in awhile, she pops her head up to see what we're doing. If she keeps her head up for a long time, it's usually a sign she needs a potty break. She's really a good little traveler. This is an 18-20 hour drive we're embarking on tomorrow, and she does fine. She perks up when she feels the car slowing down because she realizes it means we're stopping soon. Occasionally she gets a treat to munch on, and we feed her out of a collapsible bowl. What we really need to watch is her water. She gets pretty thirsty in the back, so we have to remember she needs it or she'll pant up a storm.

I think keeping her in back keeps her calmer. If we let her in the backseat, she'd be trying to bug us the whole trip. "Hey, you guys aren't doing anything, why don't you pet me? Oh, well why don't I make that easier on you and crawl into your lap. Lemme spread out so the driver can pet me too. Oh look, I've taken up the entire front seat. Oh well."

dad has taken a stand and says our cats take priority

Can you find Dad another home? SRSLY, I get this, but could you build kitty a shelter or something?

We have on the driveway, but she doesn't always go in it. She sleeps under a huge conifer tree in a garden opposite, it's dry under there, and there's times when she's come for food at night and she's been warm :shrug: must be pretty cosy under there!

I know, but he LOVES you and is bringing you the best compliments!

yes he does :heart: he snuggled up to me this morning while I was being lazy in bed then I discovered another corpse on the patio :lol:

Destiny your Isis is soooo cute! lookit that 'lil doggy face :heart:

awwiiee... These aren't furry pets.. but I have an interesting story of the late. I'm at my grandma's and she's had a big pond here with different types of fish for a decade or so. Her fish are insanely huge (hammerhead sharks, koi, goldfish and a variety of other fish as well as some orange eared turtles)- and not too long ago one of the 3 foot long hammerhead sharks jumped out of the pond. My aunt found it flapping around gasping for air and she just kinda managed to throw it back into the pond, and it was floating belly up or wobbling around unable to swim- and two of the biggest carps came along, one on each side of the hammerhead, and held it between them, swam around the pond with it until it could breathe and swim alone again. How cool is that? It's a story for the diet of a new america books! :D

How can one doggie look soooo stinking cute in a still photo? She does, though. I can see her whole personality.

What do you see in there? Spoiled? Obnoxious? Cute and knows it? Any of those will just about cover it.

She is totally wound up tonight. Normally she naps half the night, but she is all up our butt because she saw us packing. She keeps following us around like she is afraid we will forget her, and she keeps running downstairs to the garage door like "Let's go!" But she's finally worn out and curled up next to the couch.

Sulis, at least Bob didn't bring his offering into to bed. Mmmm... breakfast in bed!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.