Pet stories

monkeygirl

One is the building cat at a local archery range, and she's absolutely beloved.

Here's hoping she meets a better ending than Miss Kitty Fantastico.

And then we had a neighbor's cat who moved her kittens into a rolled-up bed "foam waffle" in our garage that we were going to throw out. That was understandable, tho, there was a massive cold snap, and this was an outdoor cat. We brought her and her litter inside, so they'd have a chance, and then we found homes for all of the kittens. One is the building cat at a local archery range, and she's absolutely beloved.

As crappy as that is, I understand it. They wanted to do a biopsy on Nikki last month when she had her liver problems. I simply didn't have the money to let them do it. Luckily she recovered on the medication she was given. But we don't know what was wrong with her, or if it will come back in a year or so.

Lunar's surgery went really well. it only took a couple of hours. we dropped him off at 11:00 and picked him up at 2:00. He hasn't been jumping,but he's been walking around and doing really well. His pain meds didn't even seem to make him sleepy yesterday, but today he's sleepy. Half of his right side is bald, they shaved off all the fur in order to do the surgery, and the wound is closed up nice and tight, but I wish that the stitching couldhave been smaller.......ah well, once his fur grows back no one will notice.

Wow, that is fast from surgery to home! I'm glad he's taking to everything well - and the stitches will come out! And like you said, you can't see through their fur anyway!

You're going to have a bald kittah for awhile - Sweetie's fur is just now growing back, and it's been nearly a month!

I'll have to post a pic of him when he starts really getting better.

Apparently he was jumping onto the couch today, and onto the chair, attmpting to get up on the table.....naughty kitteh..but he is back to being his regular old self. It is amazing his recovery rate.........he's not even chewing on his side to get rid of the stitches.....he's an odd one....

{{{{hugs}}}}} Daggy, I'm so sorry about your guinea pig :(

Mamacita, I hope you furbaby comes through the surgery ok :)

I demand more furbaby pics!!! they are all so damned cute!

always happy to oblige!

Bob up on the roof where he knows he's not supposed to be:

Snooping around the sewing room:

So last night Mara offered more proof that she's a tad bit stupid.

I was trying to round them up for a bath, and I got smart this time and got some treats. Mara followed my lure into the bathroom, then suddenly realized that what was going to happen, so she tried to run away from me--BY JUMPING INTO THE BATHTUB.

I gave her a treat for making it so easy for me. :D

He's adorable Daggy!

Java, was trying to prove her worth as a good watchdog earlier this week. On the other hand Sydney, completely ignored the whole thing, which just makes it funnier. Monday morning I woke up to Java doing quite a bit of barking, but I didn't think too much of it. I shushed her, she quieted down, and I started to get ready for work. When I went outside to feed the dogs Sydney sat at "her place" waiting for my to give her the okay to start eating. Java normally does the same thing, but before eating she comes up to me to be petted. This time Java ran to a tree in the corner of the yard and just kept staring up at it. Her ears were pricked attentively towards the tree and she kept circling it. I tried to find what she was looking at and didn't see anything. She normally ignores birds, we don't have squirrels in our neighborhood, and I was rather confused. But, I had to leave for work.

Fast forward to coming home from work. I go outside, sit and play with the dogs for a while before getting supper ready and they act normal. Okay, everything is perfectly normal. A couple hours later, I go out to feed the dogs again. And it's the same situation as in the morning. Sydney sits patiently waiting for her food and Java is back at the tree. This time she just sitting at the base of it staring up. I'm thinking, "Ok, there is DEFINATELY SOMETHING up there. Maybe we do have squirrels after all." Again, I hang out trying to see what Java is looking at and can't see anything. Whatever. So I go inside and start to do a little reading. I'm sitting on the couch with the windows open, right next to the yard, where the dogs are. It's now starting to get dark. And I hear the WEIRDEST NOISE! I can't pinpoint it. So I crawl up on the couch wondering if one of the dogs is asleep and snoring. Java is laying by the dog house, still looking at the tree. WHERE THE NOISE IS COMING FROM! Ok, this is REALLY weird. Joe's taking a shower, and it's now dark, so I grab the strongest flashlight I can find. And start shining it up in the trees, figuring that any animals eyes are going to reflect back at me. Now Java is sitting at the base of the tree again, staring up at it. And I see it! It's a little raccoon. Poor thing had been up there all day. It was a young one and awfully cute, but I don't really want a raccoon around my dogs. I turned the light off, sat on the porch and after a few minutes I could hear it crawling down the tree a bit, but it was rather like a Mexican standoff between the coon and Java. Thankfully the tree is right next to the fence and there's a branch that overhangs the neighbors roof, so I figured it would leave one of those ways. If it was smart. By this time it's time for bed and just as I'm dozing off I hear Java barking again like she had that morning. I figured, ok, the raccoon just ran away. And fell asleep. lol.

So last night Mara offered more proof that she's a tad bit stupid.

Upon first skim of this, not only did I think you had taken to referring to yourself in the third person, but that you yourself had had a "very special moment." :p:lol:

Yay for cute new piggy, Dags! :D

And HANPANTS, can we borrow Java for a few nights? Those fat little bastards steal whole bird feeders, and have eaten our tomatoes :(

Joe would say, keep her! :lol: Hey, as long as you don't mind her chasing the cats and keeping you up all night barking, sure! ;)

We had coons get in the dog food bin earlier this year too. I now keep a concrete block on top of it, so they can't lift the lid off.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.