Pet stories

monkeygirl

Poor piggy. I'm sorry you lost him, Dags :(

Krawlie, now I want a dog with an eyepatch. I'd dress it up in a little doggie pirate costume. Thx.

Oh, hey, New Kitty news! She got her shots today - and she weights almost 7 pounds! That's her ideal weight! Also, her furs are growing back.

Dag-o-baa, I'm so sorry about your fur pig :(

Doggy silent treatment is a hoot!

And YAY for new kitty! I like the new kitty updates!

he looks like a maine coon!

He has that much hair. He's a Turkish Van, though an imperfect specimen. He has too much color on his body to be a good representative, but he is 100% everything else that makes his breed.

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/arti...urkish-van.html

THANKS Spam!! I'm going to spend some time with that site tonight! Jesus and I spent the day outside yesterday. He bugged me to chase him around the yard and I obliged (HOW can they make that much noise withe their tiny padded feets??) but I can't get him in the hot tub yet. He's very close to jumping in, I can see it in his face, and he loves to trot around the perimeter. SO far, the kitchen sink is his water place. You know how you can get most cats to appear with a can opener? With Jesus, all I have to do is turn on the water and I can hear him coming.

Why do pixies love to sleep in plants so much? That's one of the oddest things they do, to me.

Little1 is just a quiet little baby. He licks and cleans himself, eats a small bit of food and then sleeps the day away. Meeko on the other hand is there the minute the fridge opens. He's there the minute the tap in the kitchen is turned on. He especially likes bath water. Even if it is soapy. I can't keep him out when I take a bath. He will howl until I let him in. Now when I take a bath because he's so old he will just curl up on a towel I put on the top of the toilet lid. I have to lift him up and set him on the toilet. But he will look at me and lick a watery finger dipped under the tap. If he's on the floor he'll hook his paw on the edge of the tub and haul himself up if I am not paying attention.

When I went to visit my Mom she has a shower in the bathroom instead of a tub and he'll just come in and sit under the water flow. Sometimes lapping the warm water from the shower floor. Whew! There's nothing worse smelling than a wet persian.

I've never seen cats that like water. I grew up on a ranch where my ideas of birthing were pretty well grounded. We had a big ole orange cat give birth to fifteen kittens in our closet. We kept all the cats from that litter that survived. None of them had anything to do with water.

Tonight I went to wash the car and was confronted by an angry possum. I got out and went to go to the changer. As I rounded the wall separating my stall a angry possum hissed at me from the top of a garbage can. HIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

The vet told us today that Isis is fat and she wants us to shave another 1/4 cup of food off of what we give her. We were already giving her only 2 cups a day! If she hasn't lost any weight the next time we bring her in, we'll probably have to go with a diet dog food. After that, we'll look into thyroid issues. Poor pooch is going to hate us. She loves food and hates exercise, just like her mommy. :(

The vet told us today that Isis is fat and she wants us to shave another 1/4 cup of food off of what we give her. We were already giving her only 2 cups a day! If she hasn't lost any weight the next time we bring her in, we'll probably have to go with a diet dog food. After that, we'll look into thyroid issues. Poor pooch is going to hate us. She loves food and hates exercise, just like her mommy.

My vet told me my unnamed cat was too fat and should monitor what he eats better. He never quite understood that I've got 5 other cats and if I cut his food, I'd have to starve the other 5 to death (and he'd still be fat).

The vet told us today that Isis is fat and she wants us to shave another 1/4 cup of food off of what we give her. We were already giving her only 2 cups a day! If she hasn't lost any weight the next time we bring her in, we'll probably have to go with a diet dog food. After that, we'll look into thyroid issues. Poor pooch is going to hate us. She loves food and hates exercise, just like her mommy. :(

What kind of food do you feed her right now? Just curious. Syd's doggy diet seems to be working. She lost about 4 pounds last month. Yay! I usually feed the dogs more in the winter, cause they burn more calories, but I didn't cut back enough this spring when the weather started getting warmer. Major duh on my part.

Daggy, I'm so sorry about your guinea pig! :(

And Cita, I hope you cat's surgery goes well!

Thanks everyone, I think it's been hard on us 'cause he lived indoors, in front of the sofa at the flat and in my fiance's room at his house, so we were around him all the time. Going to look for a new friend for the white one today, he looks very lonely, poor guy.

Hope your cat's surgery goes ok Cita, and I love seeing all the kitty pictures - they're so fluffy and cute

my kitty is going in for surgery on Friday. He is getting his bad leg amputated finally. He is sooo gonna hate me...

Aww, I'm sorry he has to lose a leg, and I hope his surgery and recovery goes well... but is it bad that I want to see a picture when he's all healed up?

I've never seen cats that like water. I grew up on a ranch where my ideas of birthing were pretty well grounded. We had a big ole orange cat give birth to fifteen kittens in our closet. We kept all the cats from that litter that survived. None of them had anything to do with water.

I've never had a cat that likes water, either. At all. As a matter of fact, I have a scar on my hand from when I was 10 years old, and made the mistake of picking up my kitten when I was still a little drippy from being in the pool. She FREAKED at getting even a little bit wet, and used my hand as a springboard, cutting right down to the bone! Since the bone happened to be the middle knuckle on my right hand, keeping that properly bandaged was a trick...

Also, I had a cat that tried to give birth on my lap. True story. I woke up in the middle of the night, she was laying on me, and my legs were wet with what must have been kitty amniotic fluid. I let her have the bed, and slept on the couch :eek:

They always do that! We made up a nice little nest for lap-birth kitty and her kittens, and where did she put them? Under my desk :shrug:

We had a cat when I was really little who insisted on giving birth and keeping her litter in a bathroom drawer.

And then we had a neighbor's cat who moved her kittens into a rolled-up bed "foam waffle" in our garage that we were going to throw out. That was understandable, tho, there was a massive cold snap, and this was an outdoor cat. We brought her and her litter inside, so they'd have a chance, and then we found homes for all of the kittens. One is the building cat at a local archery range, and she's absolutely beloved.

'Cita, I'm sorry about your kitty's leg! :( If it has to be done, it has to be done. You are being a good owner by being proactive. The vet told me she's had to do 4 times as many euthanasias in the last year because people are waiting too long to bring their pets in and it's too late, or they're just refusing to run any tests and putting them down. She actually had a woman walk out and leave her cat behind last week because she didn't want to deal with it. It made me sad.

We're feeding Isis Blue Buffalo. We were only feeding her 2 cups a day and the vet said, well, cut it to 1.75 cups. The vet told me to look up the calorie count on it and she'd help me figure out if it's really high in fat or something. I hope we don't have to switch her, because she seems to like it and I'm pretty sure it's better for her than Iams. We already have her on the chicken formula since I would assume it's leaner. Guess I better go research dog food!

That is so cool about the Archery Cat. Half Price Books here in San Antonio has some of the cutest fattest cats with little pink noses that if you linger to long will come and demand a pet.

I've never understood the way a cat things. We had a feral cat who kept putting her kittens in a hollowed out tree stump that was more of a bowl exposed to the elements.

hahaha, yeah Archery Cat (they named her BC, because she's pure black) is a trip, because all of these big, grizzly-looking guys clad head-to-toe in Real Tree camo will turn into a pile of baby-talking much when she's around. And her kittens go lickety-split to guys who freaking coo over them and hold them like babies. It's sooo funny!

The anime store here in town that was beloved and sorely missed had two store cats. They were big-time affectionate, but I'm pretty sure I was the only one who could throw the big fuzzy boy over my shoulder and lug him around while I shopped, which turned into a juggling act :lol:

And I just assume that a cat's instincts are good... right?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.