Pet stories

monkeygirl

He sounds like another special one. I adore that Siamese yowling. Pigboy did that but with MUCH more inflection than any animal I've ever heard. Honestly, it would not have shocked me if he'd have just spoken English to me one day.

I love Small Boy's mouth parentheses. Was he a snowshoe? He has lots of white on his hands in the picture.

I'm so sorry his body is gone. It's just the ****ing WORST, isn't it?

He sounds like another special one. I adore that Siamese yowling. Pigboy did that but with MUCH more inflection than any animal I've ever heard. Honestly, it would not have shocked me if he'd have just spoken English to me one day.

I love Small Boy's mouth parentheses. Was he a snowshoe? He has lots of white on his hands in the picture.

I'm so sorry his body is gone. It's just the ****ing WORST, isn't it?

Oh my goodness, I know! And the yowling was pretty much incessant... I loved him dearly, but having a Siamese around took some getting used to! Our other cats communicate just fine, but it's more body language and pointed stares than anything.

He was spastic, too! But I could catch him, flip him over, and pat him on the belly to make him fall asleep. He looked just like Sid the Sloth from Ice Age when I did this! And he HATED it... he'd be dozing, but growling and yowling at the same time. Once, he howled at me and took a swipe at my face with his paw, but he was so out of it it was more a squeak and a limp paw twitch before he went out completely, it was so funny!

He was a Lynx Point - it's hard to see in pictures, but his darker spots were tabby striped.

And thanks :) Yeah, his loss was a pretty crushing blow. We only had him for eight months. It still seems quiet, even with seven other cats around.

He was spastic, too! But I could catch him, flip him over, and pat him on the belly to make him fall asleep. He looked just like Sid the Sloth from Ice Age when I did this! And he HATED it... he'd be dozing, but growling and yowling at the same time. Once, he howled at me and took a swipe at my face with his paw, but he was so out of it it was more a squeak and a limp paw twitch before he went out completely, it was so funny!

:lol: that is the best kitty story ever! :lol:

He fell ASLEEP like that? Good GAWD!

Jesus has more hair than anyone I've ever known now. It happened this spring and he doesn't shed any more in the summer than he does any other time. I refer to him as a long-haired cat wearing a yak suit. It's so thick, I can spread my fingers in it and you can't even see them. And it's sooo soft...his tail is like a giant Swiffer. He almost always has trash in it.

He also always has that naughty look. He is an evil kitten.

Jesus has more hair than anyone I've ever known now.

Oh, you should see my cousin's cat Enzo! He looks alot like Jesus Christmas (same coloring and fur length and everything), but he has a beard. I kid you not. He looks like he's in ZZ Top.

Okay, so, my cat Pookie last night decided she wanted to bathe and sleep on my bed, while I was changing it. So, she'd lay down on one blanket layer, I'd strip the layer around her, she'd get up and lay on the next layer, rinse, repeat. By the time I got to the sheets, she was shrieking and growling and attacking the sheet as it was being stripped, trying to hold it on the bed. I was laughing way more than the situation warranted.

I gave my puppies a bath yesterday and this morning they rolled around in dirt. Woo-hoo!

(I bought this thing called Rapid Bath yesterday that attaches to your shower and you put shampoo in it, so it gives a professional-style bath at home. THAT WAS THE BEST MONEY I'VE EVER SPENT IN MY LIFE! Now instead of baths taking 10 minutes each because my dogs HATE water, now I can shampoo them and rinse in less than 3 minutes, and they can't run away from the hose. Score!!!)

(I bought this thing called Rapid Bath yesterday that attaches to your shower and you put shampoo in it, so it gives a professional-style bath at home. THAT WAS THE BEST MONEY I'VE EVER SPENT IN MY LIFE! Now instead of baths taking 10 minutes each because my dogs HATE water, now I can shampoo them and rinse in less than 3 minutes, and they can't run away from the hose. Score!!!)

I was wondering how that would work - I'm glad it does!

Okay, more Small Boy sleeping. Yes, he was sleeping one day with his tail stuck up in the air...

ok, small boy=officially a FREAK

she was shrieking and growling and attacking the sheet

I think the Making The Bed game is a universal kitty truth. No two cats are the same, but there are things they share (mostly) and I believe this to be one, though variations of the game exist. The Chloe likes to be completely covered so she can growl very deeply and loudly with no stigma. Jesus Christmas isn't big on the particulars but likes to nurse on any loose edge.

Furminator!

NO. LIE.

His fur does this thing, when he lies on his side, it lofts separately from his body like a giant 'fro.

ok, small boy=officially a FREAK

hahahaha, yeah, he was :lol:

she was shrieking and growling and attacking the sheet

I think the Making The Bed game is a universal kitty truth. No two cats are the same, but there are things they share (mostly) and I believe this to be one, though variations of the game exist. The Chloe likes to be completely covered so she can growl very deeply and loudly with no stigma. Jesus Christmas isn't big on the particulars but likes to nurse on any loose edge.

No doubt, they all have their own rules. My Foozle just curls up on the bottommost layer, and has us make her IN TO the bed. And then she'll stay there and sleep.

Furminator!

NO. LIE.

His fur does this thing, when he lies on his side, it lofts separately from his body like a giant 'fro.

Pics!

Also, a new kitty update - she won't come out of the quarantine room. At all. It's not like we don't let her out - I finally sat in a chair across the room and made it clear that I wouldn't pet her until she came over to me. First, she stood in the doorway and meowed at me. Then she'd take a few steps out, and run right back into her room. Then, she finally came over to me, and allowed herself to be petted for about a minute before she bolted back into her room.

So, at this point, dad and the other cats will never even know about her :lol:

I was looking into the fridge on Friday night for something to pop out and say eat me, when my cat, Meekikikongkong came over and poked his head in the door too. He was looking straight up at me and also straight into the refigerator light. His pupils still stayed wide and I could see little cloudy bits. My poor Burt has got glaucoma. Which explains why he sits dead in the middle of the living room.

I guess I'm glad I renewed my lease because when he gets completely blind he'll still be able to recognize things in the house we've lived in for twelve years.

Awww, Ms. Spam, I'm sorry your kitty's eyes are going :(

MG, Jesus has very handsome furs! (even if the middle picture looks like he's pooping string).

See, my orange fuzzball Jack is handsome in general, but unlike Jesus "Mr. Well Groomed" Christmas, he had perma-bedhead:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v81/147/109/588575548/n588575548_216283_6965.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.