Pet stories

monkeygirl

post-5896-1248042634_thumb.jpg

That's my Dog Weaver (Only picture I have of him on my laptop).

He's a 9 year old Border Collie from Wales. He's not Pedagree bred, he was bred on a farm from a proper Border Collie working dog.

The pup's were given to a place called 'The Rabbit farm' in Wales where people went to see Rabbits, goats ect. They have sheds that they keep these pup's in that they sell to idiotic people who don't know what there getting into.

I say that because it took us a year to toilet train him, he'd been living in a barn where he could pee and poop where ever he wanted, he had flees and no vaccines at all. He was a terror, if anyone has seen Marley and Me, with the dog training bit, Weaver was exacly like that. Once he had to do a sit and stay of the lead (it was in a theatre hall). The woman wouldn't take no for an answer, so we let him off and the next minuet he was running around the hall, jumping of window's and the theatre stage. The other dogs were getting all excited.

In the end, she sent us to a dog physchologist to get him sorted out because he was that bad, we couldn't even let him off because heused to run of and not come back.

After a few years we got him trained and now he's pleasure to have, if not a little hyperactive due to the working blood in him. He's even been taught to say please, silently. Because my parents work nights so there alwaysin bed in the day, he does a silent bark so as not to wake them.

His only problem really is his agressive nature to other dogs. With humans or children he wouldn't hurt a fly, but as soon as another dog comes sniffing he turns into a monster. When he was a pup he got attacked by a German Shepherd so he has reason. But it makes it difficult to walk him on the public fields. I've only been allowed to walk him for a year because of his fighting and Mum was worried I would have a problem with him. The first few months poeple didn't recognise me. Once I had some old woman walk towards me with her dog I shouted "stay back, Weaver fights" and she had such a look of terror and went "Is that Weaver! I'm sorry I didn't realise" and pretty much ran off down the field.

Another time, I was walking past some people who had dogs. One man had his great Dane on a lead and the others went "Why dont you let him off" and he replied "I can't, Weaver is over there". It's embaressing that my dog has a reputation in Heald green, every dog owner knowns Weavers name and knows to avoid him on the field.

Though, there are those complete idiots who stand there chatting letting there dogs do what they want. The other week I was half way across this field, which is generally the size of a large Football stadium. When this dog started following me, his owner didn't even notice it had disapeared. He was too far away to hear my shouts of "call your dog" and of course Weaver went mental and pinned this dog to the ground. The owner, having heard the barking came running over at this point and KICKED weaver in the ribs. Even though at this point his dog was lay on the floor and Weave's was just stood over him growling. And he had the nerve to go to me "You need to learn to control your dog" even though it was his Dog that had come over half a field to me, and he hadn't even noticed that his dog was missing.

I've had alot of "That dog needs to be put down" but honestly, some dog's fight. It's in their nature, Weaver is a dominant Dog ... not my fault some people have dogs that think there princesses because there spoilt rotton. I try my best to keep him on a lead if there are dogs about, but he needs his exercise with his blood type. And most the time, it's there dogs that come to me ... Weaver never goes over to any dog for a fight. He minds his own buisness untill they go near his ball, or take a sniff at his privates.

The only other naughty thing he does, is at the Vets. If you say the word vet .. he won't go near the car. Which is amusing when my Dad is taking him, because he's the one that has to force Weaver into the boot. But, once as a pup we took him to some Puppy classes that were held so dogs got used to being around other dog's and didn't fight (Alot of good that did us). And well, he wasn't toilet trained that much but he was toileted outside before he went in. But, one time he went in, cocked his leg up and did a pee ... all over the stack of dog food that wasfor sale against the wall. Well as a puppy he can be excused, but perhaps the reaction he got from the vets pleased him. because EVERY time he goes to the Vets now, he does a wee against the Dog food. We tend to sit with the Cat's not because of it, but it just goes to show how much pets hate the Vets!

Our landlord called us up the other day and asked if we want to foster a mom cat and three kittens for a friend of hers! We couldn't resist, and now are enjoying the adorable frolicking kitty antics. They're so cute! And playful! And sleepy!

The other kitten was asleep on my roommate's face.

Ugh, that's one awful morning, MJS. :(

I remember one time the boy and I went to a trial Kung Fu class, and we were offered a free full lesson for that evening, but it started in 15 minutes. We quickly went home to change from our work clothes, and when we got home the apartment reeked. It turns out the treats we got for Calli gave her raging diarrhea, and she was covered in it along with her crate. Needless to say, we didn't make it back for the class. Instead we spent the next two hours bathing the dog and disinfecting her crate. Ick.

OH MY GAWD!!!!!! STOP TORTURING THAT KITTY!!!

Jesus Christmas, who now has his own page on the animal portion of Facebook, got his big meaty white hand stung by a bee on Tuesday. It swelled up all lumpy and he held it up in the air even as he slept on the floor. I was worried about him; it looked AWFUL. But yesterday I arrived home to another roll of paper towels shredded and a huge cat plopped on top. Apparently, he's fine now.

Well my wife and I welcomed a new member into the family two days ago. We have a new dog and her name is Zoe. She is a dachshund/chiwawa mix. Her entire body is one of a dachshund and the face of a chiwawa. She is so cute and energetic and loves playing with my other dogs Ginger and Lily.

We got her because my wife works with this lady who has had Zoe for 6 months and didn't want her anymore because her husband couldn't stand the dog. So before my wife and I left for the mountains we dog sitted zoe and fell in love with her. So her owners didn't want to give us the dog, but one week later we got a call while we were in the mountains that they didn't want the dog anymore so now we have her. The only thing is though I have got to get her fixed before school starts, because she is too hyper.

Poor doctor kitty! She's saying, "Do you think I went through med school to look CUTE?!?" She is beautiful, though. She reminds me of a cat I know named Muffin.

I second the pix request!

This morning my tummy was feeling upset so after I took Calliope for a walk I got back in bed to lay down for a bit. In her quest to prove that she is the best puppy ever, she figured out exactly where it hurt and stretched out on my tummy like a little furry heating pad and stayed put until I had to get up for work. Not only did it make my tummy feel better, it made my heart happy too. :)

Well my wife and I welcomed a new member into the family two days ago. We have a new dog and her name is Zoe. She is a dachshund/chiwawa mix.

You got a weinerhuahua!!! I love weinerhuahuas!

Okay, so, get this - I woke up late this morning, and my mom informs me that we are going to have HAMBURGERS for lunch, and not just any hamburgers, but hamburgers at this tiny little old-fashioned burger dive that makes the best hamburgers, goddamnit. This is okay with me, because they also have the world's best smelt and fries. I was on the phone with my friend as we pulled in, so I stayed in the car for a minute or two before going in. I get into the restaurant, and my mom and grandma are both holding wiggly puff balls. They got them from another patron who was selling them - them being six week old bishon frise puppies. The short story - the little boy puppy is now my grandma's, we get to pick him up in a couple of days.

The long story - my mom held the little boy, and I held the little girl all though our meal - the little girl I had gnawed on my hand for a few minutes before climbing up on my shoulder, snuggling into my hair, and falling asleep. The little boy took one look at my mom and conked out completely. They are the CUTEST THINGS EVER OMG, and never made a peep the whole time we were in the restaurant. Even the owner/cook came over to coo over them.

My dad and the six cats are going to be PISSED!

Anyway, pics shall be forthcoming :D

Yeah, this will be interesting - we sat and talked to the breeder we're getting the little guy from for an hour, and held the pups the whole time (the sister was already claimed). She's a good trainer, and really emphasized that we need to train him really well... which is going to go one way or the other. We're cat people, so we don't have to be "alphas". My mom and grandma want to train him to work with the elders my mom works with. Which will take dedication on our part and discipline on his, which I know we're all capable of. But my grandma is a huge softie, and her cats (among other things) are spoiled rotten. So... it can go either way. But this guy is so docile anyway, I don't think it will be too bad.

Yeah, dogs are pack animals, so you'll have to be a little bit of an "alpha", at least. Our dog is so beta I could practically call her a gamma, but even she tries to push what she can get away with some days. Since my mom is confined to the wheelchair, she really has difficulty disciplining her dog, and it shows. I think my mom is also a big softie as well, so I think she lets the dog get away with a lot because she doesn't want to punish her. But now my mom moved into an apartment, and the dog won't stop barking. She's really worried they're going to force her to get rid of her. I bought her a spray bark collar for Christmas, but she put it away and now can't find it. We're going there on Thursday, though, so I'll have to help her find it.

Yeah, these two were quiet, even when they were awake - I've heard Bichons are yappy, hopefully we have a little exception. The little girl I held just smiled at everything the whole time, perfectly silent.

Something tells me the dog will fall into the cat order of hierarchy, as we have very definite alphas and betas (and omegas) there. The good news is that our cats aren't used to dogs, but the dog has been raised with cats. It's also extremely tiny, so the cats can put it on a low rung right away. We'll have to just keep up the discipline and training.

New plan. We're not taking the dog.

We found a stray cat in the park tonight. She's starved to nothing, matted all over, and we found a fish hook in one of the mats (thankfully not in her leg). The dog money is going into rehabilitating - and keeping, of course - the cat.

My dad may be even more pissed about this. He rather hates cats. Too bad this makes seven...

oooh! THANKS for taking care of her!

I'm loving these stories, really I am, but I'm soon going to have to insist on at least a 1-in-5 ratio of px to stories. I KNOW you people have sweet furbabies who love to be photographed or I woudn't complain, but I needs the visuals!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.