Pet stories

monkeygirl

Digging and chewing....I WAS thinking about getting a doggie eventually but these things and the whole pack mentality thing has me worried. I don't know that I'd be a good dog authority.

Lucky for her, she was cute.

I think that's a survival trait. Jesus Christmas is ten times cuter than Pigboy was (I loved my Pigboy better than anyone ever and he was a pretty boy, but Jesus is CUTE CUTE, you know?) but he's also ten times badder. This past week he learned two new things: He CAN outrun me and he can get his bird-on-a-pole toy off the refrigerator all by himself and neither of these things are in the least bit good. In fact, I think their cuteness is directly proportionate to how bad they are.

I think you're on to something. Although, I think Isis is better at turning on "pathetic" rather than "cute" when she's done something wrong. She gets so upset when she knows we're disappointed. Although she does manage to worm her way onto our laps despite not being allowed on the couch. Generally, when I see the third paw sneaking up onto the couch I make her get down, but occasionally she gets right into my lap and I'm just laughing so hard I don't bother to scold her.

Hanfan, they've dug holes in the backyard, but they're definitely more chewers than diggers. We're getting our backyard resodded in a few weeks and I hope that not having dirt around will prevent them from digging (they never dig where there's grass, only where we have dirt patches). I'm hoping that they may grow out of the chewing phase...but probably not. :p Right now they are chewing on some dental bones I bought them. Mara's almost halfway done with hers already. I thought these would last awhile...apparently we need to shell out the big bucks for the super duper rawhide!

Luca must have gotten past me while I was taking the garbage out last night. My girlfriend found her in the barkdust of our neighbor's flowerbed this morning. She'd gotten in a fight, had a bloody ear, and was severely and unquestionably pissed at me once getting back inside! Don't know what the over-under is for crap on my pillow tonight, but...

:eek:

Anyway, she's recovering, and will probably enjoy getting the princess treatment over the next few days as I assuage my guilt!

BAD CAT DAD BAD11111!!!!
Oh, don't worry: I'm going to be getting plenty of that from kitty and the girlfriend. Neither of them are happy with me about this.

And she has a bell, so I SHOULD have known she was in the garage, or at the very least heard her walk past me!

You mean Luca hasn't learned how to hold the bell between her chin and chest yet? I've heard cats learn to do that so the birds don't hear them sneaking up on them.

As someone who can't be friends with kitties unless I want snot pouring out of my nose and eyes, Luca is pretty cute. I like her coloring. :) Looks like she is pretty good at the princess treatment, too. ;)

You mean Luca hasn't learned how to hold the bell between her chin and chest yet? I've heard cats learn to do that so the birds don't hear them sneaking up on them.
I'm pretty sure not. She's been an indoor cat for 13 and a half of her 14 years, so I doubt she'd have a reason to learn that trick. The only thing she catches is spiders, and I don't think they're scared of the bell! Unfortunately, her getting out was all on me!

:no:

But hey, she decided to use me as her personal pillow last night, so I guess she's not TOO mad anymore (yes, I'm one of those gross, weird people who don't care if the dog or cat sleeps on the bed).

I'm glad she's being your friend again!

Animals in the bed are not gross or weird. They are warm and cuddly. When I was a kid I had a cat in the bed with me almost every night. Now my dog sleeps there with me. I wouldn't even care if she wanted to be under the covers, but she doesn't. I hated not having a furry friend in the bed with me in college.

My 7-lb toy poodle used to sleep on the bed. If she slept with me (pretty rare), I'd let her under the covers because she would burrow at my feet and keep them warm. My parents kept a blanket on their bed that she was allowed to sleep on. Believe it or not, little dogs get smelly.

No way in hell am I letting Isis sleep in our bed. She's not that smelly, but smelly enough not to want her there. I'm also pretty sure she would hog the entire bed or I would wake up with her butt in my face. 70 lbs of puppy lovin' is not going to help my sleep. She has a nice little bed at the foot of ours where she rolls around, snores, and has puppy nightmares that wake us up every so often. I'm not sure what that spoiled brat has nightmares about ("Oh no! We ran out of food!").

When we travel with her, we'll try to get a hotel room with 2 beds so that she stays up there instead of roaming around the room sniffing the entire night.

Animals in the bed are not gross or weird. They are warm and cuddly

yes they are! Bob doesn't sleep on my bed every night but he's very cuddly when he does and he sometimes crawls under the doona to snuggle up beside me with his head on my pillow :heart:

Murray did the BEST THING EVER before. He was laying on the couch, all comfortable, minding his own business. Mara jumped onto the couch and decided to lay right on top of him, because that's the type of thing she does. So Murray sits up, arches his back, flips her over onto the seat next to him, and lays back down. I gave him a doggie high five for that one!

They have their very last puppy class before taking the Canine Good Citizen test. The trainer says they are the best dogs she's ever trained and that she's so proud of them. I :heart: them.

(But they still chew on everything.)

It's all good until they retch all over the place. Meeko likes to eat the red spiders that fall into the bathtub and cant get up. So sometimes in the morning Meeko will come and lay on my pillow near my head. I've learned when the *hurhurhack* noise happens you need to move like a Jedi Knight to remove the cat from the near vicinity or you'll get a head of hair with spider vomit and cat hair. I'm more grossed out by wet cat hair though because damn it smells bad

Man, that's making me gag just thinking about it.

Have you tried one of those tasty hairball-relieving goos, Spam?

Our cat had minor hairball issues, but just one good sized, meat-flavored drop from the end of the tube (I think it's called Laxistat, but I could be wrong and am too lazy to check) three times a week, and she was good. I honestly don't think she ever had a hairball while getting the medicine!

I've learned when the *hurhurhack* noise happens you need to move like a Jedi Knight to remove the cat from the near vicinity or you'll get a head of hair with spider vomit and cat hair

that's why Bob gets put outside at certain times, now he throws up on the windowsill and not the carpet :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.