Pet stories

monkeygirl

When we were getting ready to leave for Hawaii, Isis freaked out because she realized we were packing. She loves road trips, so she got herself all excited thinking she was going to go. Normally we drop her off at the kennel if we're flying somewhere, but this time we had a friend who needed a place to stay for a week so he was going to watch her and the house while we were gone. But she was going absolutely nuts, so my husband made me put her in the car and drive her around the block. She was thrilled. She didn't even care that we left her at home after that. :rolleyes:

Last night I gave my puppies a bath. They did not enjoy it! Neither did I. I'm used to bathing a 12-pound dog, not two dogs with a combined weight of about 40 pounds! (Yes, it's a lot for me, especially while leaning over the edge of a garden tub.) Once they get bigger they're going to have to get sprayed with the hose.

You bathed them together? You crazy.

Call me lazy, but we tend to drop Isis off at Petsmart and give them $20 to bathe her. She comes home smelling pretty (maybe a little too pretty), and we get some shopping done. She thinks going to Petsmart is a total treat, too.

I don't know if this is all Petsmarts, but the one near us does not know how to actually give a dog a trim, so they shave them and just claim they were matted. EVERY. SINGLE. DOG. I always hear customers in there reaming them out. I would side with the groomers except I really have never seen them trim a dog, just shave. They also refuse to clip our dogs nails because they claim she won't hold still. I believe them because it takes 2 of us to do it. But then the kennel we take her to can do it just fine. She doesn't come home smelling as pretty, but her nails need it every once in awhile.

Man my dogs were little ****s last night.

Murray decided to jump on the couch, grab my new Christmas pillow, and chew it up. I think he was intrigued by the tassels on the snowmen. It's not totally ruined, just covered in doggie slobber. Once I stopped yelling at them for chewing on the pillow, I noticed (and smelled, yuck!) some poop in the living room. Thank you, Mara! :p And later on that night, Mara decided to pee in the house. It's so frustrating, because as soon as I let her outside she'll go to the bathroom, so she understands that outside=bathroom. Oh well, accidents happen. And THEN later on I come into the living room and they're laying all cute on their bed, and I notice that the foam from the corner of the bed has been torn apart! Murray chewed through the outside part and got the foam. He also tried to chew up one of my area rugs, which thankfully was not that expensive.

So between Mara going to the bathroom and Murray chewing, they were little rascals! It's hard for me to be mad at them, though, they're so cute. I'll just have to go buy them more chew toys!

Oh yeah. We forgot to warn you about the chewing. My friend had a young dog when I roomed with her for a while and I lost a few articles of clothing and shoes to her, before I learned to keep my bedroom door closed when I left for work. lol.

Do you crate the pups at night, Mara?

Oh yeah, I know puppies like to chew. They just need to listen to me the first time I say no! :)

Yes, we keep them crated at night, which thankfully hasn't caused too much whining yet. I hate leaving them crated up when we're not home, but it's probably better for them that way.

We need to take them to puppy training, especially Mara. She is sooo hyper and such an attention whore. Whenever I try to give Murray his medicine she jumps all over him and me. If I try to pet Murray she comes over and licks me. If she's finished with her food, she'll go and eat Murray's. She's a pain, but oh I love her little face!

How are you doggies, Hanfan? Dragged you in the mud lately? :)

o boxer puppies!!!!!!!!! they are sooo cute!!! Not sure if you know this or not yet Mara, I've had a boxer for 9 wonderful years, but boxers do not have webbed feet...they can't swim, therefore are usually afraid of water...........atleast mine is, she hates hates HATES getting a bath.

My boxer, Tarot, will jump on my bed and rub her face all over my blankets. She'll look up and give me this look like, "what are you lookin at" type deal. he makes this cute little "num-num-num" sound and when she growls, it sounds like she's rrrrrollign her r's

My first story involves my cat, Gordon. He passed away three years ago. But he had ths one thing he always did that cracked me up. I always put out tablecloths on my dining room table during Halloween and during Christmas. He would come walking by and see me laying out the table cloth. His ears would go back and he would crouch down and slink by me into the Den and lay there, his tail twitching.

As soon as I get the tablecloth straightened out here he comes, running full force jumps on the table and slides, taking the tablecloth with him to the floor. After the first time he wouldn't do it again but that first time he saw the tablecloth...look out.

My second story involves Gordon as well. Several years ago, I got my first surround sound theater system. After hours of getting it hooked up, I thought I would throw in Jurassic Park just because of that one scene with the Brontasaurus eating the leaves with his front legs in the air and then when he crashes down there was a loud boom. For some reason that was what I wanted to hear. So I got it set and turn it up loud. Right about that time here comes Gordon. And he is right in front of the subwoofer when the legs come crashing to the ground and there's a huge book. Thst poor cat laid out, all four legs sprawled to the sides, his ears back, his eyes wide as saucers with a look that reminded me of someone saying, "What the **** was that? What the **** was that?" I swear I laughed for hours.

Lastly, my cat Kiya loves to eat the craziest things, God love her. Her favorite thing is the icicle/tinsle things you hang from a tree at Christmas time. I am constantly trying to make sure she doesn't eat them because I know they can't be good for her. So one day last year I was in the kitched and here she comes bolting out of the utility room, scraping her ass across the floor in a wild state of panic. I try to graab but she runs, jsut scooting her ass. She stands up for a second and I see a piece of the tinsel hanging out of her ass. I was laughing so hard I was crying because I had to chase her for like 15 minutes with a paper towel trying to help. It also took me about an hour to clean up, luckily she didn't run toward the carpet and stayed on tile and hardwood.

Polo will walk up to the glass door, get on his hind legs- putting one paw on the doorjam and using the other to press the door handle down. He'll then slide down, using his head to keep the door open and just walk out. As if to say- "Okay... I'm not taking this crap."

No WAY! I've never even heard of a dog doing something like that! Get a pic, I'd LOVE to see that!

She promptly fell directly on her face

AAAHAHAHA! I LOVE it when they do something like that! Do dogs get as embarrassed as cats do when they **** up?

my husband made me put her in the car and drive her around the block

Oh, good GAWD! You know? GOOD GAWD!

My boxer, Tarot, will jump on my bed and rub her face all over my blankets.

FREAK

here he comes, running full force jumps on the table and slides, taking the tablecloth with him to the floor.

TOO funny! Table surfing.

Day One: Christmas tree enters household. Minnie doesn't even seem to notice.

Day Two: Has still taken no notice of actual tree, but has detected curious smell permeating the air. Investigates by sniffing everywhere that the tree isn't.

Day Three: Finally notices tree. Becomes deathly afraid. Avoids at all costs.

Day Four: Finds tree's menacing presence to be persisting. Resolves to try to eat as much of tree as possible.

Fur baby my ass. That cat's a pain in the ass.

This morning, I woke up because there was a cat on my ribs. I pushed him off and read for a while, with him curled up and leaning on my stomach, being stroked idly. However, the book was between his head and mine. Every so often I'd lift it up to find a level 'I am not amused.' stare.

Then when I finally get up, I get online, and he circulates around my feet, brushing my legs with his tail and meowing every so often. If I got up to feed him, he wouldn't do anything. Eventually, my mother got up to get something out the freezer, and he followed, yowling loudly. Turns out the pond in the garden was frozen and he was concerned about the fish.

Now he's sitting by the TV, gazing in awe at the stairs.

I think he's going senile. Damn cat's about 17 years old, now. I have cousins younger than my cat, FFS.

hahaha. these are awesome stories!!!

I used to have two siamese cats, no they were not mean, they were actually very sweet. Our male blue point, Raja, would wake me up in the moring as follows. Jump up on the bed, walk up my body, sit on my chest, and then head butt me. This same cat would sit in the water bowl when it was empty, and jump in the shower whenever it was running. The stupid beast would purposely get his little self trapped in the bathroom.

Our female seal point, Suda, would attack one of my stuffed animals that I had. She thought it was alive, and would attack it every chance she had. Then she was done, she would carry it around like it was her baby.....

Oh yeah, I know puppies like to chew. They just need to listen to me the first time I say no! :)

Yes, we keep them crated at night, which thankfully hasn't caused too much whining yet. I hate leaving them crated up when we're not home, but it's probably better for them that way.

We need to take them to puppy training, especially Mara. She is sooo hyper and such an attention whore. Whenever I try to give Murray his medicine she jumps all over him and me. If I try to pet Murray she comes over and licks me. If she's finished with her food, she'll go and eat Murray's. She's a pain, but oh I love her little face!

How are you doggies, Hanfan? Dragged you in the mud lately? :)

Yep, time for some OB lessons. :) I so want a puppy to train. But at the same time I don't, that means one of my pooches is no longer here. :( Besides, the next dog will be Joe's and it wil be a beagle.

THe pooches are good, but neglected right now. :( I've been gone so much I haven't had much time to do more than take them on short walks and play with them a few minutes each night. I honestly hate having them outside. :(

Day One: Christmas tree enters household. Minnie doesn't even seem to notice.

Day Two: Has still taken no notice of actual tree, but has detected curious smell permeating the air. Investigates by sniffing everywhere that the tree isn't.

Day Three: Finally notices tree. Becomes deathly afraid. Avoids at all costs.

Day Four: Finds tree's menacing presence to be persisting. Resolves to try to eat as much of tree as possible.

That's so funny!

Cita's siamese reminded me of Sydney. When she's inside she'll often sleep in the bathtub. I would wake up in the morning and there would be big pawprints all over the tub. :lol: And the last house I lived at Java would let herself out. There was a sliding glass door in the kitchen/dining area that led to the backyard (which was fenced). Java would stand up with her front paws leaning on the glass, shift her weight to the side, and push the door open. If I forgot to lock the door in the winter, I'd often wonder why it suddenly seemed so cold. Or in the summer why there were suddenly bugs all over the house. lol. I never could teach her to close it behind herself. Or let herself back in. :lol:

lololol.

my grey tiger cat, Lunar, will take no notice of the grland that we have hanging right now, but once the tree comes up and is decorated, he will be after it like there is no friggin end! We actually have put a gate around the tree so he can't get to it........li'l bastard.......

Besides, the next dog will be Joe's and it wil be a beagle.

Get a shelter dog, they are the best! :D

I SO would! The beagle is going to come from the same breeder that Joe's dad and brother's dogs came from. They're all rabbit dogs, so breeding actually does start to be important then, since they'll be used for a specific job. The only reason I wouldn't get a shelter dog, is if I really follow through with wanting to train a duck dog. Then I'll definately start looking for a lab from some good bloodlines with a hunting history again.

OR, if I could get Joe on board, I'd love to become a Paws with a Cause volunteer trainer. Of course, I'm sure I would need more training first. lol.

Our golden before this one, Buster, would always get really jealous that the cat was allowed up on the furniture and he wasn't. We figured out after coming home multiple times to warm cushions that he was sleeping on the couch when we weren't home. When we walked in and punished him once, he was like "How do they know?!?"

My sister has these big furry slippers with huge, stuffed-animal bear heads on them. When our gray tiger Lexie was a kitten, the first time she saw those she backed away from them hissing and cowering. And every time she saw them after that she'd run and attack them, specifically if they were moving (i.e. if my sister was wearing them). She actually rode them around the house a couple of times, sitting there on top of them like "Ha ha, I won."

oh, I HATE that! My cats do this to mne late nights when I'm home alone. They stare around the corner, where I can't see, like they're looking at a person.

guess what? they ARE looking at someone, someone departed that is. I cannot Count the times my boy and all my other cats I have ever owned has followed someone across the room with their eyes/head. Cats are very sensitive to spirits.

My mother-in-law has become the cat/dog lady. She started volunteering at a shelter when she retired and now she's decided to open her own satellite branch in her house. Since she got back from our place the day after Thanksgiving, she newly acquired a dog and 3 baby kitties that she CLAIMS she's just keeping until they're old enough to adopt. She already had 2 feral cats and a "cheagle" (chihuahua/beagle mix). The new dog is a mix of chihuahua and something fat.

Needless to say, the animals are already driving her crazy. We were going to replace her garage door opener for her as a Christmas gift (she decided to try and open it when she had it manually locked down), but instead we decided to do something to get her dogs out of the house. She wanted a kennel, but they weren't very big and were ridiculously expensive. So instead my husband built her a dog line that allows the dogs to be leashed to a line between two posts and they can run back and forth all they want and not drive his mom insane.

We tested the first one out on the cheagle. He wasn't very big on testing it, so I had to get him to chase me to one end. Well, he didn't stop, so when he got to the end of the line, he flew like Superdog. We decided to add a spring to it. :lol:

a mix of chihuahua and something fat.

LMAO! Pig...?

My Mom's best friend has been 'flagged' by her local ASPCA as no longer allowed to foster animals. She has 2 dogs and 2 cats she's not willing to give up so they won't give her any more.

guess what? they ARE looking at someone, someone departed that is.

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP!!!! I CAN"T HEAR YOU AL LA LA LA LAAAA LA!

ALSO: I put lights on my slaughtered, indoor Christmas tree last night and Jesus was FASCINATED. He thinks he's a stoopid BIRD as he sepnt the evening trying to balance well enough to sit on the branches. No glass ornaments on the tree this year. :(

My cat and Chris's cat aren't really friends (to say the least), but they are buddies in times of need. For instance, when we left for South Dakota, our cat sitter said she often saw them sitting quietly next to one another with about a foot between them when she came over. Normally, my cat avoids Chris's cat at all costs.

Ok, well, the temp in Denver has been below zero at night for days and our house's old heating system is not doing well in with this weather. It's been 55 to 58 degrees in the house at night. I woke up to such a treat this morning, though! Both cats were sleeping at my feet, right next to each other, less than an inch apart!

The cold is driving them together! :lol:

We have a large screened in patio, and right now we just have old furniture out there while we wait to get a nice patio set. One of the chairs is a butterfly chair. Mara has decided that is her new bed. I tell her to get down, because I don't want the dogs on our furniture at all, especially when we get nice patio furniture, but she looks soooo cute. And then it's hard for her to jump out of the chair so she has to get all geared up to jump down. She looks like a little deer when she does it.

Ok, well, the temp in Denver has been below zero at night for days and our house's old heating system is not doing well in with this weather. It's been 55 to 58 degrees in the house at night. I woke up to such a treat this morning, though! Both cats were sleeping at my feet, right next to each other, less than an inch apart!

Oh man! I feel your pain. We came home last night to a 45 degree house. I just dropped $300 having some pump replaced. :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.