Pet stories

monkeygirl

K, SHADOWKITTEH CAN STAY OUT of this thread! This is for those saccharine-sweet, you-had-to-be-there, I feel like a dork for being so amused, only another pet lover would care stories! SO often the pixies do things I wish I had a video of because explaining it just doesn't do it justice, but another catmom would know exactly what I mean and would love the story. And you HATERS can just bite my large, white beehind.

Last night, my second ex-husband, who was drunk at the time, was making cocoa with Reddi-Whip topping and Jesus was at his feet. He picked kitty up and held him like a baby, on his back, and slowly squirted the Reddi-Whip can toward Jesus' face. A little plop of it landed on his muzzle and he sucked it in. Then he started waving his tiny fur arms up toward the nozzle, so he did it again, trying to get him to open his mouth for it. They did this for almost 20 minutes and each time, Jesus opened his little arms, laid there still, mesmersized by the hissing nozzle, legs totally relaxed and when the cream hit his face, he got all wiggly and SUCKED if off his face. I was laughing so hard I was crying!

He's a sticky mess todday but he has all day to lick himself clean. I hope he uses his time well.

AW!!!!

I was tongue attacked by my dogs last night. :lol: We were back in the yard after a walk and when I knelt to unclip their leashes, my lab knocked me over in the snow. Then both Sydney and Java pounced on me and started licking my face. It's so gross, but I couldn't stop laughing. Or get up. I was all bundled up, flailing in the snow, and laughing uncontrollably with two waggy-tailed dogs on top of me. Then my neighbors pulled up and asked if they were interupting anything. :lol:

I doesn't has any fur babies. :(

But I have a friend who has three dogs, or sometimes four when she's taking care of her mom's dog, and I call them my surrogate dogs because I can't have any of my own. The smallest is a griffon (a fairly rare breed) named Ferrari, that they rescued from a puppy mill after she nearly died giving birth to a litter of pups. Ferrari isn't the prettiest dog--she has this one tooth that sticks out like a fang--and she's losing her eyesight and hearing from old age, but she's so cute. She sits down with her back to me, which is her way of saying I should stop what I'm doing and scratch her butt. :lol:

I doesn't has any fur babies. :(

Me neither, but there's a spider in the hall between mine and Nova's bedrooms. Does that count? :lol:

When I was home for the weekend, little Pookie was spazzing out and messing up the poinsettia garlands we pinned up on top of the kitchen cabinets. Silly cat :p

What is up with the buttscratching thing? Is it because it's the one spot they can't reach? Like humans trying to lick their elbow? Because our dog will get her front half on the ground and stick her butt straight in the air for you. No wonder she gets humped at every dog park we go to. Hussy.

I KNOW! Syd does the same thing. Except for getting humped. ;) And then when you start scratching her butt she starts wiggling all over the place, stomping her back legs, tries to back up into you, and sticks her nose in the air, huffs and huffs, bares her teeth, and her eyes roll back in a look of ecstacy. :lol:

The first time Icy saw her do that, she was a little unnerved. ;)

Icy, did you name him something cute like "Izzy" and can you dress him up in teeny outfits and have a little leash made that matches his collar? And you could knit him little spider-booties and then he'd be grateful and lick you on the nose?

Then maybe.

Otherwise: NO. :p

And Dins licked my hand this morning out of the blue when I was putting socks on. For the old guy, that's good. Zoot was adorable when she finally woke up, she delayed getting out of her crate until I was just about leaving, and then she was all shaggy with "bed-body" (since it wasn't just her head) and kept yawning. We bond in the mornings, neither of us girls are morning people. :)

The first time Icy saw her do that, she was a little unnerved. ;)

More like certain that sweet goofball Syd was going to maul me and possibly eat a few of my limbs :lol:

She kinda looks like she's possessed by Satan when she does that :lol:

My cats are all about the buttscratch, too...

Icy, did you name him something cute like "Izzy" and can you dress him up in teeny outfits and have a little leash made that matches his collar? And you could knit him little spider-booties and then he'd be grateful and lick you on the nose?

Then maybe.

Otherwise: NO. :p

... that's an idea!

Nova would kill me, tho :lol: Also, do spiders have tongues with which to lick noses?

It is a pretty spider - one of those tan and white mottled things with really long, wispy legs... it looks a little like some kind of exotic sea creature.

Oh I should have lots of stories for this thread!!!

We just got two new boxer mix puppies and they are adorable! They love running around in the backyard, which was just fenced. At some parts of the fence, there's some space underneath. Mara, the smaller puppy, discovered this and escaped to our front yard. Thankfully she was caught right away, and when we went to put her back in the backyard, we could hear the other puppy, Murray, crying. He was standing where she had gotten out, trying his best to follow, but he couldn't because he's too big. I don't encourage them trying to get out of the yard, but it was just SO CUTE how he was so upset that she was gone. (And yes, we did block off the parts where they can get out.)

AAAHahaha! The doggie buttscratch! I do think it's because they can't readh it and they don't have fingers. They all get that look of incredible ecstacy on their faces when you do that.

I spent Friday night at my friend Ronnie's and she has a 14 month old Golden named Gracie who 'slept' with me. She thinks she's very tiny and it took her HOURS to get settlled. It was hysterical!

MG, that is awesome about JesusChristmas and the whipped cream! :lol:

Our furbabies all slept, safe n sound in a warm home with no one to bother them. How I envy them the life they have!!

Zachary (he's the labx) will sit on the floor, backed as far as he can and start scritching his butt against the arm of the couch. And if you start scritching his butt, he hops up n down, trying to get you to scritch harder and longer! It is very funny to watch. One night, he toppled himself over, being so into it! :lol:

No matter where in the house she is, Kitten (gray n white) always knows when it is time to feed the fish. Not because she wants to try to eat the fish in the tank, but because she knows that sometimes momma will give her some of those dried shrimps the fish get as a treat now and then (not that the fish in the tank care about the shrimp, they love their flakes instead). I try to do it on the sly, but somehow she always knows when it is time!

For the last hour my dog Ginger has been laying on the bed in my office staring at my bookself and it's freaking me out. She is either.

A. Sees something I can't

B. There is a ghost

C. She is looking for something to read

The other dog is laying next to her and doesn't care so I'm leaning towards C at this point. If there was something there then both dogs would be looking.

My Luna(Cat) decided it would be fun to get a straw out of a cup I had. She got it out, she didn't even knock the cup over, then she brought it up stirs, and played with it, and put it down on my lap. I trew it and she brought it right back. I told her she was a cat, and not a dog. Cat's are not suposted to play fetch.

My massive golden (Bentley) was laying in the living room yesterday. He did that "Oh, I think I hear something" headsnap to the window, stared at it for a really long time, and then laid back down with the longest sigh I've ever heard in my life! It doesn't sound like all that much, but I think it was one of those things where you had to be there. It wasn't just a normal dog sigh; it was a 10-second, "my life is so un-exciting" type sigh :lol:

Last night I gave my puppies a bath. They did not enjoy it! Neither did I. I'm used to bathing a 12-pound dog, not two dogs with a combined weight of about 40 pounds! (Yes, it's a lot for me, especially while leaning over the edge of a garden tub.) Once they get bigger they're going to have to get sprayed with the hose.

Anyway, I toweled them off as best I could, but they were still kind of wet. After running around for awhile they layed down on one of their beds, and started licking the water off each other. It melted my heart.

Jesus woke me up at 6 this morning. He was sitting on my pillow, above my head and he was poking at my left eyeball. FREAK.

my dog Ginger has been laying on the bed in my office staring at my bookself and it's freaking me out. She is either.

A. Sees something I can't

B. There is a ghost

C. She is looking for something to read

oh, I HATE that! My cats do this to mne late nights when I'm home alone. They stare around the cornere, where I can't see, like they're looking at a person.

Cat's are not suposted to play fetch.

That was my Pigboy's favorite game! Like a puppy, he'd fetch as long as I'd toss, long after I wanted to play. His favorites to bring to me were mice; the tinty real fur ones and he had a couple rectangular-shaped felt mousies he loved, too

Jesus has started sitting in the bathroom sink as I get ready in the morning. He think he's hidden because the rim is at eye level when he's in there.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/Gggncar/Polo.jpg

Well, the entrance to my house is comprised of a large wooden door (which we often leave open) and a regular ole glass door with a handle.

Whenever there is an argument of some type where we are raising our voices, a loud sporting event, party, etc etc. Polo will walk up to the glass door, get on his hind legs- putting one paw on the doorjam and using the other to press the door handle down. He'll then slide down, using his head to keep the door open and just walk out. As if to say- "Okay... I'm not taking this crap."

There have been times when we've been in the dining room or loving room and hear the door open and shut randomly. At that point its argument over because we end up laughing that the dog literally let himself out.

ever since I put the new featherbed on the mattress Minnie has loved to traipse around on it like she's in an astrojump. today she was particularly enjoying herself, jumping from one airy feather pocket to another, until she misjudged a spirited leap to the other side of the bed. She promptly fell directly on her face, from which all the previous joy immediately faded into utter disappointment.

we're pretending it didn't happen, but we both know it did.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.