Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Fantasy XII Composite Thread

1186 replies to this topic

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts

quote:

Square Enix has announced that its highly anticipated PlayStation 2 title Final Fantasy XII will not be available in Japan by the end of the current fiscal year, but rather sometime during the fiscal year beginning on April 1st 2004. As a result the company has downgraded its projections for the full year consolidated profit from 10.5 billion yen ($96.59 million US) to 8.1 billion yen ($74.51 million US). In Final Fantasy XII's stead however, the recently announced PlayStation 2 remake of the Super Famicom classic Dragon Quest V will be released during the current fiscal year.
Square Enix will officially reveal Final Fantasy XII during a presentation in Tokyo on November 19th.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

6,005 polygons per krundle

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
Hey, that doesnt mean it wil delay our release...

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
No, it is just more likely...but they could stay on the ball and get it to us on time. Whatever time that was supposed to be.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
I figured that would happen. I mean, they're just now starting to release info on it.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
the longer it takes to come out, the better the game is...

Light-Sith

Light-Sith

• Members
  • 3,262 posts
*geek voice* Good things some to those who wait! *geek voice*

Oh well, we'll get it eventually.

Sephi

Sephi

Curse you Frances, curse you

• 18,789 posts
godd! i'll be able to play FFXI longer!

Euronymous

Euronymous

Sworn to a Great Divide

• 10,041 posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

...wait, what do I care? Australia won't be getting it until 2010 anyway.

:mad:

*blows up Australia*

The_Force

The_Force

Use Me

• Members
  • 4,778 posts
Dude, have you ever heard of e bay? If not you should try it, I'm just not sure if the game would work in an australian PS2.....does Australia even have the PS2 yet?

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

The_Force:
does Australia even have the PS2 yet?

laugh

They're still on Super Nintendo

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
What's a super nintendo?

Darkside

Darkside

drove through ghosts to get here...

• Members
  • 3,623 posts
laugh

Y2A

Y2A

Bow Down to the Bling

• Members
  • 6,982 posts
I still have catching up to do on previous FF games, so I'm cool.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
Man, considering that Japan is right there, you guys should get stuff before us, but 6-12 months after us, damn...

Cloud

Cloud

Sleeping Lion

• Members
  • 16,720 posts
different format, we're lumped in with the PAL lot, even though they're only an 8hr plane trip away or so

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,806 posts
nice to see ya back in posting action again cloud. thumbs_u

as long as it's released sometime in 2004 (hopefully by september) i'll be okay.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
Ya, I'm too busy having fun with FFXI and I probably will be for a while. blush

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
Is DQ V the one where you have the imaginary 'dream world'? Cuz if it is, that one sux0rz. They should redo IV or VI instead.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
Man, for square to redo completely DQ5 the game must have been good before, I am wondering if this game sells well they will do ff7... :D

Padawan_Learner

Padawan_Learner

Ich singe bis der Tag erwacht

• Members
  • 15,298 posts
Hey that's no problem for me, I still have to get myself to play V, VI, Tactics, IX and X lol.

Macstorm

Macstorm

Whipped

• Members
  • 17,338 posts
Woo Hoo click me!

A Bangaa! Van and Ashe!

If there's a Bangaa there had better be a Viera.

JTBT

JTBT

• Members
  • 5,362 posts
laugh

Beat me to it. They were saying this would make fans question if this were Final Fantasy, but it really doesn't look all that different from FFX to me. As a matter of fact, some of those look like they'd be straight out of FFX-3.

It looks like they're still gonna use the seperate turn-based, "lets all stand in lines" battle. I dunno, but I was hoping they would implement something like FFXI's battle system.

Speaking of which, after seeing these pics, I'm not really excited for this anymore. Since I'm having a blast with FFXI, and with FFX-2 coming up, I CAN definitely wait for this.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,806 posts
well, i'm excited for this game, and i do enjoy the pics, but i wouldn't mind this game coming out in late 2004, as it probably will. because i'll be playing FFX-2 here in less than a week, and a few months down the road, i will hopefully have FFXI.

Dr. Ifto

Dr. Ifto

• Members
  • 11,651 posts
it looks as if the bangaa is gonna be the new chcobo or moogle for final fantasy...

Otanku

Otanku

Hook 'em!

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
I dunno JT, I'll be really interested in seeing how well the voice actors are in XII. I thought they did a great job of getting quality US voices (and not the usual crappy US anime actors), so hopefully we'll get great acting in this one too.

I know we'll get voice acting in X-2 as well, but we already know those characters, or at least some of them, so I'm excited for this game.

Reply to this topic