Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spider-Man 4 a go

95 replies to this topic

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts

they need to let someone else have a go at the series, I'm not interested in what Raimi or McGuire have to bring to the table anymore.

Unfortunately they wasted Topher Grace in that turd last time otherwise he would have been the perfect Peter Parker/Spider-Man. I really wouldn't mind Joseph Gordan-Levitt in the role.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
No 'cause that's your next Joker ;)

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
I wouldn't mind that at all. Just as long as I get Daniel Day-Lew as Judson Caspian/The Reaper, I'll be pleased with whatever.

Justus

Justus

• 13,061 posts

He was black. Apparently blacks can't be as powerful in organized crime as much as whites or Sicilians.

Har har. *slaps Wally* ;)

My view of the Kingpin (in the character's early years) was a man as powerful and influential as a combination of Gambino, Trafficante and Giancana in terms of long reaching influence to the highest corridors of power. If Sony gets the rights to use the character, he needs to have that kind of oppressive effect on things beyond Spider-Man's control (like some of his comic stories)--but this would also require characters such as J.J.J. not be as silly as in the previous films; in other words, have him be the genuine crusader the Kingpin wanted to eliminate, and on a side note, Mary Jane be something other than the eternal distraction/victim.

The series needs to make a sharp turn from the downslide that was part 3--and inject some of the drama that made the source popular, and though a super-powered villian could serve Kingpin, he should not be the focus.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,120 posts
Spider-Man 4 to Start Filming March 2010

MTV talked to director Sam Raimi, who says he's hoping to start shooting Spider-Man 4 the first week of March 2010 for a May 5, 2011 release.

Raimi added that Gary Ross is doing a rewrite of the script using notes Raimi gave him, a production designer has started designing the sets and environments, and Scott Stokdyk is back on board on his fourth Spidey film as visual effects supervisor.

Raimi said that no casting has taken place--other than Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst--but that they are starting to think about that now.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Even though he's been lined up to direct Venom, I think Gary Ross would be much more suited for either Superman or Spider-Man and I'd be the first on line to see those films.

Darth Virul

Darth Virul

The Loin King

• 5,998 posts
I would like to see the Who is the Hobgoblin? saga brought out in one of the films. He's his own cool character and yet retains that hint of goblin heritage for those who just can't see a Spidey movie without a halloween mook on a glider.

Flash Thompson has been seen in the previous movies. Betty Brant has also, just add Ned Leeds as husband. The Kingsley twins could run a theater instead of designer firm where Mary Jane works (toss in Mysterio's alter ego as a company underhand. Kinda neet if Beck wound up being the one to build Hobgoblin' arsenal). Macendale probably fits somewhere in the script too.

Gangster ? Sure, can't have Kingpin because he's Fox's but Raimi can have his son, Richard. The Rose.

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,120 posts
Dylan Baker is returning

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
After rewatching the third movie, I've changed my stance on it.

Sure, it was rushed and had way too much jammed into it. But during the last few scenes, I bought into the forgiveness angle. Oh yes, I hated the Sandman/Uncle Ben association with a passion...but the theme of forgiveness and its recurrence just stuck. It's like MJ had grown to resent Peter in some ways, and had turned this corner in terms of distancing herself from him even in light of her reluctance to do as Harry said in breaking it off with Peter. Then you get Spidey/Peter forgiving Sandman, and as much as some aprts of the movie sucked, that was kind of neat IMO...followed right up very shortly by MJ and Peter coming back together.

--

As for 4, YES - LIZARD

Kitster aka Boba Fett

Kitster aka Boba Fett

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 4,093 posts
I read that Dylan Baker is confirmed for Spider-Man 4. Is it time for The Lizard?

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts

I read that Dylan Baker is confirmed for Spider-Man 4. Is it time for The Lizard?

I sure hope so. They been building this one for a while. I don't think he can carry it on his own though. Need to villains.

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts
They could always add Kraven to the Lizard mix. Those two villains could work together, maybe having Kraven controlling Conners while he's in his Lizard form.

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Following that, the Lizard could be used by Kraven to bait Spider-Man.

Dom

Dom

Proper Rogue

• Members
  • 5,394 posts

EXCLUSIVE: Spider-Man 4 Circling John Malkovich, Anne Hathaway

No matter the superhero franchise, when it comes time to make a sequel, people mainly want to know one thing: Which villains will be in it? Currently, fans are trying to crack the mystery of Spider-Man 4’s bad guys; rumors and speculation had it that every actress in Hollywood was trying out for the sexy villainess Black Cat, or that Dylan Baker’s Curt Connors would finally get to transform into the Lizard in this installment. Now, though, Movieline has confirmed with sources close to the film that Raimi’s sequel is circling John Malkovich and Anne Hathaway to play Spider-Man’s adversaries, and neither evildoer is quite what you might have expected.

If negotiations proceed according to plan, Malkovich will be playing Spider-Man’s nemesis the Vulture, who packs a punch despite his advanced age. The Vulture is able to fly through the air and brandish his sharp wings to attack Spider-Man.

As for Hathaway, that’s where things get tricky.

The 27-year-old actress is currently the top choice for Felicia Hardy, who’d been long-rumored as one of the new characters in this installment. (Other names bandied about for the role included Julia Stiles, Rachel McAdams, and Romola Garai.) However, unlike in the comic books, this Felicia Hardy doesn’t transform into the Black Cat. Instead, Raimi’s Felicia will become a brand-new superpowered figure called the Vulturess.

What does this mean for poor Dylan Baker, who’s patiently played Curt Connors in the last two installments? As much as it would seem that the series is setting up his eventual transformation into supervillain the Lizard, we hear that the suits simply can’t bring themselves to sign off on such an odd-looking enemy — instead, they’d rather hew closer to villains with a human face. Perhaps, then, it’s the best-case scenario for Baker: He gets to remain the subject of fanboy interest, but he doesn’t have to cede his role to a motion-captured reptile in a lab coat.

Developing…

http://www.movieline...away.php?page=1

Malkovich as Vulture, great. Hathaway as Black Cat Vulteress? The ****?

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Malkovich = Great! Baker = Darn! and Hathaway = Stupid!

Only good thing is Spider-man never had to face a team before (unless you count Sandman and Venom as a temp team)

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,537 posts
Spidey has the Sinister Six.

Darth Dude

Darth Dude

terminal crazy

• Members
  • 13,972 posts
So what can "Vulturess" add to the story that Black Cat can't? Sounds like a load of ****.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Production has been delayed indefinitely, from EW.com:

Sony has decided to push back the start of production on Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 4, a Sony source confirms to Variety. (The news was first reported by Deadline Hollywood.) The film, starring Tobey Maguire and directed by Sam Raimi, was to have begun shooting in February. The studio does not yet know when the film will get rolling, according to the reports. Last month, Raimi and co. hit the pause button on pre-production in order to do further work on the script. It is now unliklely that Spidey 4 will meet its announced May 6, 2011 release date.

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,142 posts
Well, that's a bummer.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Well I have a new found respect for Raimi after he delivered one of the year's best in Drag Me to Hell and I'd rather him fight the studio than continue messing with the legacy of the earlier pictures and deliver something that he'd rather not direct. I think we learned our lesson from Venom (though Bad Peter was ****ing brilliant!)

If Raimi leaves and this goes back into development, I still say hand over the reigns to Gary Ross. The man's got enough clout and talent to make a passable all American Spider-Man flick.

Darth Kcorbe

Darth Kcorbe

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
nm

Reply to this topic