Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spider-Man 4 a go

95 replies to this topic

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,744 posts

Raimi has admitted previously that shooting Spider-Man 3 was exhausting, so he's understandably daunted by the prospect of shooting two special-effects laden blockbusters at the same time. "It would be a real endurance test, probably only Peter Jackson knows how hard something like that would be."

"Dear Sam:

Up yours.

Love,
Gore Verbinski.

P.S.: You are SO screwed."

Gobbo Mon

Gobbo Mon

• Members
  • 293 posts
Damn, I don't know about more spider-mans. the third one just got on my nerves. It gets too lovey dovey. does Tobey maguire get on anyone elses nerves?

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Not mine...not yet, anyway.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Me neither.

Gobbo Mon

Gobbo Mon

• Members
  • 293 posts
I just don't like him as Spiderman. Hes just not cool enough :D

Jedigoat

Jedigoat

Is this it?

• Members
  • 14,184 posts

Raimi has admitted previously that shooting Spider-Man 3 was exhausting, so he's understandably daunted by the prospect of shooting two special-effects laden blockbusters at the same time. "It would be a real endurance test, probably only Peter Jackson knows how hard something like that would be."

"Dear Sam:

Up yours.

Love,
Gore Verbinski.

"Ditto!!

Yours Truly,
Bob Zemekis."

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,120 posts

"Dear Sam:

Up yours.

Love,
Gore Verbinski.

"Ditto!!

Yours Truly,
Bob Zemekis."

"Dear Gore and Bob,

Did you really make two films, or do you just BELIEVE you made two films? Whether or not you believe you did, the problem is choice. Although you have already made the choice but just don't understand that choice. But choice is just a word, like karma. Was it in your karma to make two films in a row, or did your failure to understand your choices reduce your ability to understand your karma, ergo making you an eventuality of an anomaly in Hollywood, which left unchecked could destroy the very foundations with an escalating probability of disaster. Denial is the most common of all human emotions, and already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, an emotion designed spefically to overwhelm logic and reason, an emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth; YOU DIDN'T REALLY MAKE TWO FILMS IN A ROW!

But we REALLY REALLY did, so myeh!

Luv

Larry and Andy"

Jedigoat

Jedigoat

Is this it?

• Members
  • 14,184 posts
lol

good one

I didn't catch it even tho I was waiting for someone to reply to that. Well done

Darth Spoon

Darth Spoon

Fool for a lifetime...

• 13,120 posts
Dunst "Definitely on board"

He also squashed the rumors that Morbius the Living Vampire will be the villain in the movie, but that the villain will be very New York centric.

This is what he told the Post about the potential villain: "We're just coming up with who the villain's going to be now. We'll be shooting in New York again. Trust me, people will appreciate who we pick, because it'll be a big part of New York."

So who do you think the villain may be? In the article, they speculate it could be either Kraven the Hunter or the Kingpin, although one should probably assume the latter is still owned by Fox as part of the "Daredevil" deal. Still, maybe it will be some sort of New York City mob/crime storyline in the next movie, and there are plenty of Spider-Man villains that fit the bill like Hammerhead and The Enforcers. Discuss it below.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
This is strictly a guess:

I think the whole "big part of New York" bit is code for Mysterio. Why do I say that? The theater. It's a huge tourist attraction and is very much part of the Big Apple.

Darth Kcorbe

Darth Kcorbe

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
just as long as it's better executed than 3.
i'd like to see Carnage, and he(or it, depending on what they read) seems like a natural choice as we just had the Symbiote. This could be their chance to do it right and atone for the ridiculously squeezed-in Venom we got in 3.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,702 posts
Can't wait to see Carnage! Well, I guess I'll have to wait until the last 5 minutes of the movie.

Wald

Wald

• Members
  • 3,259 posts
Are they going to ever use the Lizard, or has having Doc Connors in the last three films just been a big waste of time?

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
I just pray they calm down on the love-story nonsense. That Kirsten Dunst is one ugly broad.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Venom and Carnage are for retards who can't comprehend character development. I mean, sure, they're cool characters but once Venom himself came into the picture in the last film, it all went down hill from there. And I don't see Carnage being any better.

Edited by Wally Q, 08 June 2009 - 08:30 PM.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Stay awayfrom and Symbiot story. I hope we get Lizard and someone who is a mobster. I would love to see a better version of Kingpin then the Daredevil version.

Exodus

Exodus

Making This Sh*t Cool Again

• 27,292 posts
Fisk, Tombstone, something like that.

Jango Fett

Jango Fett

The King

• Members
  • 3,861 posts
Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider FTW

Gog

Gog

Science over myths

• Members
  • 1,716 posts
I would love to see a Mysterio movie. The master of movie special effects, IN A MOVIE! They could go crazy with him.

Justus

Justus

• 13,061 posts

Stay awayfrom and Symbiot story.

Agreed. There nothing dramatic or even interesting about that idiotic crap.

I hope we get Lizard and someone who is a mobster. I would love to see a better version of Kingpin then the Daredevil version.

They should get the rights to add Kingpin, do the original version and make him the threatening, powerful mobster he was designed to be in the early years of the Spider-Man history (instead of the nonsense from the equally nonsensical Daredevil movie). I would add someone like the Rhino as Kingpin's half-controlled assassin, just to add the super powered edge to the plot--but the Rhino needs to be brutal and bloody to many on screen. In other words, no suggestive stuff.

Thomas Alan

Thomas Alan

Master Debator

• Banned Users
  • 25,965 posts

They should get the rights to add Kingpin, do the original version and make him the threatening, powerful mobster he was designed to be in the early years of the Spider-Man history (instead of the nonsense from the equally nonsensical Daredevil movie).

I don't see how that's different from the Daredevil version.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
He was black. Apparently blacks can't be as powerful in organized crime as much as whites or Sicilians.

Darth_Malfoy

Darth_Malfoy

• Members
  • 8,569 posts
Get The Big Show to play Kingpin. That would be awesome. We need a villian we are not ending up feeling sorry for in the end. Since they are making a fifth film they may want to strech the Kingpin out into two movies.

Wally Q

Wally Q

Sockimus

• Members
  • 13,023 posts
Please, no wrestlers. That's about as bad as John Cena playing The Riddler. :thumbsdown:

Brett

Brett

• 1,976 posts
they need to let someone else have a go at the series, I'm not interested in what Raimi or McGuire have to bring to the table anymore.

Reply to this topic