Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

It was a good episode. What is the great Riley thing we are talking about? That she flipped out on her foster parents or she now knows what is going on?

I really liked the psychologist, Dr. Sherman. I am sad to see that he was killed off. I guess we may not ever know why the terminator from a few episodes ago went to his office.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a good episode. What is the great Riley thing we are talking about? That she flipped out on her foster parents or she now knows what is going on?

I really liked the psychologist, Dr. Sherman. I am sad to see that he was killed off. I guess we may not ever know why the terminator from a few episodes ago went to his office.

It's not just that Riley knows, it's that

she's from the future as well

And I'm bummed Sherman is dead-- more bummed that he was killed off screen. Seems like a cop-out.

It's not just that Riley knows, it's that

she's from the future as well

Was that in the dialogue with the hot asian? I must have not been paying attention. I don't know how I feel Riley then. The more people in the plot that are sent back-the more of a plot device it becomes.

Just curious, but do we really need spoiler tags if the show has already aired?

yeah eff tags...

I assumed when hot asian kiwi pointed out that Riley had fallen for him that they were both from the future because she said "of course you fell for him, he's John Connor."

To me, that implies Riley has the same messianic love for John that everyone else from then does. Add in that Riley is an orphan and it starts to make sense.

Yeah, I agree! And after that shocking reveal I thought back to her conversation with John in the beginning of the ep. Her description of what she saw in the bear/fish photo should have told us right then and there that she was in the future.

Speaking of that reveal, this series is my Kryptonite. If there's one thing I'm really good at with TV shows it's figuring out twists and turns and secret motivations and identities before the show wants you to. I can pick up on the groundwork writers must lay in to pull these things off. If you want Bob to betray Karl because he needs money due to his gambling habit, it's weak as well water if you spring this motivation after the fact. It feels like a retcon and the audience doesn't buy it. So what you do is you show Bob losing a big bet in one episode, show him getting beat up the next episode but don't explain why, and then in the third episode Bob betrays Karl and when the reason comes out you can look back and go "Aha! That makes sense!" It's TV writing 101. I can smell most of this groundwork coming from a mile away. But for some reason (maybe Cameron's hawtness is distracting me) I keep getting blindsided by all these Terminator twists and turns. I love it.

I was also disappointed by the Doctor's death. I wonder if there was a problem with the actor (health, attitude) that required that sloppiness. He was only seen from afar except for one quick shot of his face so a photo double might have been used for the monitor scenes, kind of like you see when an actor dies during production of a movie. So maybe dude had health problems or something.

Also, sign me up for also loving Sarah pimpslapping fools and busting up chumps in this episode! That was really awesome! I just love her character. She's sexy as hell for an older woman, she has a single minded motivation that trumps everything else (I love obsessed characters), and she will beat the hell out of a mother****er who ****s her over. :lol: Awesome!

Speaking of that reveal, this series is my Kryptonite. If there's one thing I'm really good at with TV shows it's figuring out twists and turns and secret motivations and identities before the show wants you to. I can pick up on the groundwork writers must lay in to pull these things off. If you want Bob to betray Karl because he needs money due to his gambling habit, it's weak as well water if you spring this motivation after the fact. It feels like a retcon and the audience doesn't buy it. So what you do is you show Bob losing a big bet in one episode, show him getting beat up the next episode but don't explain why, and then in the third episode Bob betrays Karl and when the reason comes out you can look back and go "Aha! That makes sense!" It's TV writing 101. I can smell most of this groundwork coming from a mile away. But for some reason (maybe Cameron's hawtness is distracting me) I keep getting blindsided by all these Terminator twists and turns. I love it.

Also, sign me up for also loving Sarah pimpslapping fools and busting up chumps in this episode! That was really awesome! I just love her character. She's sexy as hell for an older woman, she has a single minded motivation that trumps everything else (I love obsessed characters), and she will beat the hell out of a mother****er who ****s her over. :lol: Awesome!

Really, those are the only shows I like. Dexter, Mad Men, Terminator-- if I can't guess what is coming that is my benchmark for good. When Lost and heroes get predictable that's a HUGE part of me flipping.

And SD, Lena Headly isn't OLD! WTF are you on? She's younger than YOU are!

PS. I keep forgetting to mention this, but speaking of that Riley speech about the bear and the fish, a few minutes after that was over I got a text message from Nixie asking me when Sheep Murderer had bodyswapped with Riley. LMFAO! And that was BEFORE the meltdown against her foster family! :drool:

So no one ever said Riley is from the future-it was just the line, "of coarse you fell for him...". If that is the case I totally saw that differently. I took that as the hot Asian just thinking out loud. I think the hot Asian encouraged her to go back to John so he has some other emotional support outside of Cameron. As far as the poster-I didn't look into it to much. That is just the way she feels about life and thus her being attracted to John-because they have similar outlooks.

With so much going on and nobody really knowing anyone's true motives the audience can start turning into Sarah Connor and reading more into the script than there really is-whether it is intentional by the writers or not.

Cameron is so hot when she stomps around in boots.

Yes she is! ROWL

And I think that's a great observation, that we're all turning into Sarah Cray Cray. You could be right. Personally though I'm drawing the connection between her poster comments and what Whatshername Derek's hawt girlfriend said to mean that Riley is from the future. I could be wrong, but that's my final answer. :p

Hold on there Cowboy! No ****ing WAY Sarah is only 34 years old! Isn't John 17 now and didn't she have John when she was 19?

The character is 36, yes, and the actress is 34. That's not much difference. Either way, mid 30s isn't old and I will fight you to the ground to say that it is ESPECIALLY when she's HOT.

So no one ever said Riley is from the future-it was just the line, "of coarse you fell for him...". If that is the case I totally saw that differently. I took that as the hot Asian just thinking out loud. I think the hot Asian encouraged her to go back to John so he has some other emotional support outside of Cameron. As far as the poster-I didn't look into it to much. That is just the way she feels about life and thus her being attracted to John-because they have similar outlooks.

Either way though it works-- again, the magic of a show not afraid to be subtle. If this were Heroes Riley would start crying melodramatically and shot I'M FROM THE FUTURE! I'M A VILLAIN!!!!!

Hold on there Cowboy! No ****ing WAY Sarah is only 34 years old! Isn't John 17 now and didn't she have John when she was 19?

The character is 36, yes, and the actress is 34. That's not much difference. Either way, mid 30s isn't old and I will fight you to the ground to say that it is ESPECIALLY when she's HOT.

Speaking of subtle, I'm AGREEING with you that she's hawt! I just usually prefer younger babes, that's all. But her hawtness and constant ready to tear off in someone's ass attitude have won me over. :drool:

I keep getting a vibe that the hot Asian chick has ulterior motives that aren't good when dealing with John Conner.

From Wikipedia:

Leven Rambin as Riley Dawson: Riley is John's new love interest that he met in his English class, much to the consternation of Sarah. John doesn't reveal the story of his life to her, but as they get closer, he realizes he is putting her life in danger. Unknown to John, Riley is working for Jesse, a resistance fighter sent back to prevent John from getting close to Cameron, and is tasked with getting close to him. She is fully aware of Skynet and the impending future.

Jesse, portrayed by Stephanie Chaves-Jacobsen, is a resistance soldier and Derek Reese's love interest. She halted his first suicide attempt and then their relationship began. After Derek journeyed to the past with three other resistance soldiers on a mission to halt Skynet's construction, Jesse followed him but with other motives. Jesse came back from a different future timeline than Derek, as shown in "Complications". In the present, she resides in a hotel, jogs (both shown in "The Tower Is Tall But the Fall Is Short"), and has a weakness for food-court Chinese food (stated in "Complications"). In the episode, "Strange Things Happen At The One Two Point," Jesse confesses to Derek that she didn't merely return from the future AWOL, to escape circumstances she could no longer bear, but rather she is on a mission to find and stop Cameron from adversely influencing young John; Derek reveals to her that he is John's uncle, therefore making her the fourth person from Sarah Connor, Charley Dixon, and himself of knowing this secret. It is also revealed to the audience, but not Derek, that Riley Dawson is working for Jesse, with the objective of getting close to John Connor and getting information.

It never says anything about Riley being from the future-just that she is working for hawt asain chick.

You guys could definitely be right, but let me ask you this. Sarah has never been to the future, so the only reason she's all ranty and **** about "ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE ALREADY DEAD AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT! IT'S GOING TO FEEL PRETTY ****ING REAL TO YOU ON SUCH AND SUCH DATE!!" was because she saw a Terminator with her own eyes. So if Riley isn't from the future and hasn't (we can assume) seen a Terminator herself, why the breaky "YOU'RE ALL FOOLS WITH YOUR MYSPACE PAGES" rant against her foster family?

You guys could definitely be right, but let me ask you this. Sarah has never been to the future, so the only reason she's all ranty and **** about "ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE ALREADY DEAD AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT! IT'S GOING TO FEEL PRETTY ****ING REAL TO YOU ON SUCH AND SUCH DATE!!" was because she saw a Terminator with her own eyes. So if Riley isn't from the future and hasn't (we can assume) seen a Terminator herself, why the breaky "YOU'RE ALL FOOLS WITH YOUR MYSPACE PAGES" rant against her foster family?

Didn't she see Cromartie in the jail shoot all those people up?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.