Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't put it past the network to change their minds on this if the new movie is a monster hit this weekend. CBS changed their minds on Jericho a full month after cancelling it merely because of fan response. I can easily see Sarah Conner getting renewed for 13 episodes if Terminator does 100 mil this weekend or whatnot.

I wouldn't put it past the network to change their minds on this if the new movie is a monster hit this weekend. CBS changed their minds on Jericho a full month after cancelling it merely because of fan response. I can easily see Sarah Conner getting renewed for 13 episodes if Terminator does 100 mil this weekend or whatnot.

This. They had to announce their fall line-up for upfronts this week, and I'm surprised they didn't at least hold out for it as a mid-season show with a smaller episode order just in case the movie did well.

But like I said before, and Sonny is echoing it-- if Salvation does crazy money, this show will be back. In fact, if Salvation does well, that gives Halcyon and Josh Friedman a TON of ammo to shop the show to another network. It may be unlikely at this point, but I wouldn't put the show to bed just yet. Shows often move to other networks, and I've even heard rumor of this show (and Reaper) going to first-run syndication. If ANY show has the clout to do that, it would be this one (so long as Salvation is a box office success).

All I know is that I'm watching the HELL out of Terminator Salvation this weekend! I'm doing my part for renewal! :drool: :drool: I was going to anyway, I've seen every new big movie released this month on opening day, Wolverine, Star Trek, and Angels and Demons, and this one this Friday. But I'll have more of a spring in my step walking into the theater this week than I have the previous three. LOL

The reports from the Fox people make it sound like it came down to Dollhouse vs. TSCC, and they decided to bet on Dollhouse because of the Joss Whedon fanbase. Fox President Kevin Reilly said in an interview, "if we'd canceled Joss' show, I'd probably have 110,000,000 emails this morning from fans."

Either that or they might do some kind of direct to DVD movie/s that lets them wrap up their storyline. They could release a Terminator: TSCC DVD a year or so before the sequel to Terminator Salvation comes out to help build hype for the sequel. I know I would buy it.

Just came back from watching the movie and it was ****ing AWESOME! Even better, for an action movie it only had one really big WTF/ "That's just retarded yo" moment so I really believe this movie is going to kill at the box office! Now let's just hope FOX sees the error in their ways. :drool: :drool:

Any of you who are fans of Lena Headley who plays Sarah Conner in this series will love the DVD movie "Broken". It's an After Dark Horror Film Festival winner found at your local Blockbuster. Good, creepy movie and some GREAT acting by Lena. She also shows off her nude buttocks and a quick glance at her nude breastasies if you're into her body like I am. :drool:

This just in:

T4 rakes in $56.4 Million since opening on Thur. (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521592,00.html)

Soooooo, er, Fox, changing your mind, right? Right? Right? Shopping it to other networks or syndication at the LEAST?

Commentary:

Fox advertised and promoted the hell out of it Season 1 and yet did nothing Season 2. No NFL Fox Sunday ads, no ads announcing Fri night moves, NOTHING. Did they *want* the show cancelled?!? Is one of the heaviest DVRed shows of the past season not good enough?!? Does $56.4 Million of spent money in a crap economy mean anything?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.