Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked this episode, but it did make me think of something. Why are all the time trips to Sarah and John's lives? Why not send somebody back to kill Sarah's grandfather? At first I thought that the 1920s terminator was there to lay the foundation of Cyberdyne or the company that the T-1001 now runs. If you could go anywhere, seems like they could be doing a lot more in the past.

The writer reason is obvious so let's play around with an in-story reason. What if the further you go back in time, the more unstable the machine is? In other words, you can hit 1984 and above with no more danger than you'd be in driving to the grocery store down the street. But start going further back than that and the tunnel could drop you off anywhere. 10,000 BC, 1,450 AD. Or maybe the further back you go the great the chances that whatever is traveling gets ripped apart.

Or maybe Skynet DID this once before. Originally Rob Hagler was the leader of the human rebellion and was pretty good but not great. Still, Skynet was irritated with him so they sent a Terminator back to wipe out his Grandfather. Boom. No more Rob Hagler. So, instead, John Conner rises and is an even better leader. So then Skynet is all like "****, that sucked. Maybe we gave the universe too much time for a course correction. Maybe if we take out John Conner or his mother ... instead of a grandparent ... we'll be cool. :drool: "

And poor John. He's manipulated by everyone.

I think this makes him a better leader. Once he sees through all this bull**** it will be harder for people to **** him over next time.

I will safely say that this episode sucked balls. ANOTHER terminator sent back in time to kill ANOTHER person--but this time in flashbacks. Also, no Ellison who is the best thing going for this show that is starting to take in water. Next week is supposed to be the finale or whatever. It is just the end of the first season and they are repeating themselves, How is this supposed to last multiple seasons? I am beginning to think shows like this and Lost and Heros should be set to be a certain number of episodes. On the bright side, it looks like the next episode should be good.

One of the weaker episodes of the season. I didn't really like how fast the family believed Sarah's story about the future and robots. It didn't seem like they got a good look at the Terminator when the car ran into them. The only things I liked about this one was seeing how Derek and Jesse first met and the actress who played the daughter was good, like the wheelchair guy, I wouldn't mind seeing her return for a few episodes.

Best line from last night: "He was human? Oops, my mistake."

One of the weaker episodes of the season. I didn't really like how fast the family believed Sarah's story about the future and robots.

Yes. That is the problem with these bottle episodes (thanks Tank and SD) is that everything is rushed. The quasi-detective story with Cameron last week seemed to go to fast too.

I thought this episode was decent actually. I love it when we see the cast from somebody else's point of view. They really do seem like a gang of gun toting nutbags. I thought the teenage girl was really strong, and I dug the way they were able to combine the past present and future into the story of that family, as well as how Derek and Jesse met. Very efficient.

I do agree the family buying into it all went very quick. A lot of things went quick-- Sarah and the mom's conversation felt really rushed too. Also-- the Derek scenes at the end where the phone call with Sarah was one sided seemed really odd. All of these things combined tell me this episode was written long, and possibly went over-budget. Seems like some key moments were either cut from the script, not shot or edited out.

Interesting episode. Not the best, and I miss it when we don't have the entire cast interacting together.

But I loved the format of it. And I loved the way it made my mind feel trying to wrap around the time travel effect. Think about it. In what order did these events happen? According to Sarah, they happened:

6 Months ago

Now

17whatever years in the future

But from Derek's POV, they happened:

Future

Now

I love that ****. I rarely like non chronological storytelling in any medium, but in this particular case it really worked for me. It wasn't enough to make this episode top 5 or anything, but it was different and it broke up the monotony so I dug it.

Of course my opinion of this episode could be colored by the fact that I want to put the girl who played Lauren, Samantha Krutzfeldt's entire body into my mouth. :drool: ROWL!!!

I love that ****.

You know what **** I love? Not having a different goddamn terminator come back in time to kill a different person every goddamn week.

I wonder what character we have never heard of will have a terminator sent back to kill him/her next week?

Okay...I amight be over reacting because I am drunk. But ****--shows like this should not be allowed to crank out episodes till they get canceled. They need a goddamned timeline to do a plot otherwise good ideas turn into **** like Lost and Heroes.

Am I the only one here that realizes these things?

I realize these things when they happen. I'm not saying you don't have a point, because you do, I guess I'm just not ready to demand an end date for a show that's only been on the air for 21 episodes. In a lot of cases that's not even one full season. That's a LOT different than feeling 60 episodes into Lost that it's never going to end and we're never going to get all the answers. How about we let them get a full non strike season under their belts before we go all "I've been burned by The X-Files before" on their asses.

As far as all the time travel, I've actually done a 180 on that during the course of this season. Coming into this season I was all about "there's too many goddamned Terminators and humans coming back to our time" because I was used to the pace of the movies where you have two time trips per movie, one for each side, period. But that's the movies, not the series. In the series, the past is a front in of the war.

Let's say that instead of robots and time travel, this series was about a full scale war in the middle east in which the Arabs are sneaking spies and military agents into the USA to fight one front of the war here. The focus of the series isn't the war in the middle east, it's the war going on here at home. Now, because it's a front in the war, there's a steady supply of arab agents and spies and whatnot coming over here to fight.

Now, in THAT series, would anyone be complaining "there's too many new spies and soldiers coming over from the middle east!" Of course not! But because we're used to the pacing of the movies, we can't wrap our minds around the fact that this is a different spin on the concept. The past is a front in the war so there's going to be a lot of resources committed to that front on both sides.

Personally, I really like that but obviously some of you don't and that's fine. But then a lot of people didn't like "Downtiming the Night Side" by Jack L Chalker which was about a future war being waged all over the past and I loved it. So I dig this ****.

I'm kinda with Dexter-- I don't like the Terminator of the week thing... unless they make it work.

What makes me curious though, is how can this show end. How do they know they've saved the future. They really only win if John gets to be normal and have a happy life. Between T3, what Derek has discovered, and even the trailer for Salvation, we know that this world works on a multiverse level. Is there any way to ever know if Skynet is stopped without wiping every computer on the planet? Cyberdyne was nuked ages ago, and yet Skynet still happens.

Now, in THAT series, would anyone be complaining "there's too many new spies and soldiers coming over from the middle east!" Of course not!

I think we would if every week it was a new Arab. The main problem with the Terminator of the Week (TotW) is that I am becoming emotionally uninterested in the characters. When you rush an episode-like the last few we have seen-all of the time spent is on quickly and thus inefficiently building up the characters and neglecting the main characters.

Take that episode with Cameron and the wheelchair guy. Instead of making that one episode it would have been better to draw it out over 4-5 episodes. In the episode two weeks ago it would have been nice to have a little build up-have them discover the group--maybe they are hunting this particular Terminator over a few episodes and that was the payoff episode. Maybe introduce the dad in unrelated segments working at the cybernetics plant doing something and the two plots could twist into the new story.

So if every week and new Arab was trying to kill a different person that would be boring because no one cares about the characters in the plot. Why not just make it Scooby Doo. Sarah could be Velma, hawt Asian could be Daphne, Derek could be Fred, John could be Shaggy, Cameron could morph into a dog and be Scooby, finally Riley could make guest appearances as Scrappy and even though the writers think she is intereting she is actually annoying to all the viewers. Each week they drive around looking to solve mysteries of TotW ****ing with time. One episode they suspect there is a TotW selling popcorn at Madison Square Garden. That night there happens to be a Harlem Globe Trotters game and they help them take down the TotW. Every now and again the gang will continue to call on their aid.

What makes me curious though, is how can this show end.

When the ratings get low enough and the plot gets too convulted for the writers to write themselves out of it an any that could make ANY sense at all.

I missed the first 20 minutes of tonight's episode, can anyone recap for me?

Sarah was drawn to a UFO conference because I guess she saw a flyer with 3 dots on it and she stumbled on getting to know the dude/ chick Abraham.

It was confirmed that Riley was sent back at time but based on flashbacks she is a lesbian and had the hots for hawt asian chick.

So Riley died which sets up Connor getting closer to Cameron. Overall, this was a good episode. It set up the next episodes nicely. No TotW so there is that.

It was confirmed that Riley was sent back at time but based on flashbacks she is a lesbian and had the hots for hawt asian chick.

So Riley died which sets up Connor getting closer to Cameron. Overall, this was a good episode. It set up the next episodes nicely. No TotW so there is that.

When I saw that in the preview for this episode last week, "Maybe we can be together," I almost choked. Derek's my favorite character, and Jesse is his girl. If Riley had screwed with that, I would have went back in time and killed her. When Jesse cracked her in the face and turned away I nodded in agreement.

Is she really dead though? Cause if that's the case I'm glad. She was getting useless anyway. The 'damaged goods' chick from Season One was more interesting that this flamboyant pain in the ass.

When I saw that in the preview for this episode last week, "Maybe we can be together," I almost choked. Derek's my favorite character, and Jesse is his girl. If Riley had screwed with that, I would have went back in time and killed her. When Jesse cracked her in the face and turned away I nodded in agreement.

Is she really dead though? Cause if that's the case I'm glad. She was getting useless anyway. The 'damaged goods' chick from Season One was more interesting that this flamboyant pain in the ass.

I never did like Riley-too annoying. I am glad she is gone.

You may be right-they never did confirm that she is dead.

But they did confirm she was from the future!

Me = 21341234

You = 3

Decent episode. I called the TS cause you heard her voice well before you saw her. Mantastic. Funny part, she was MORE feminine without the wig and dress.

Interesting end-- was that a HK prototype or what?

And where the eff was Derek in all this? (Six might know)

But they did confirm she was from the future!

Me = 21341234

You = 3

Decent episode. I called the TS cause you heard her voice well before you saw her. Mantastic. Funny part, she was MORE feminine without the wig and dress.

Interesting end-- was that a HK prototype or what?

And where the eff was Derek in all this? (Six might know)

I wasn't wrong-I was just holding out judgement.

I don't know what that is at the end-but I hope they start integrating an alien invasion angle into all of this and the Terminators and the humans have to team up and fight the aliens.

Ahhhhhh, the sweet sweet smell of redemption as far as Riley goes! Suck it, nonbelievers!!!! :drool: :drool:

Naw, just kidding, I know you weren't doubting it as much as you were just saying the jury was out, which was fine. :p

I was underwhelmed by this episode ... but only because it was a fall finale. If it was just any episode of the week it'd have been fine. But as a mid season finale it was just, eh. I want more from my finales! :drool:

But still some great stuff in this one. Loved loved LOVED the Sarah /Doorman fight. That was ****ing awesome. And I loved the Crazee Knife Weilding Sarah flashes, whatever the hell they're supposed to mean.

Cameron was funny as always. God I love her.

I think the Jesse slap should have been bigger for how much of a mark it left. With that much time playing up the mark they needed more of a payoff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.