Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

If you buy into different timelines, which is what the entire franchise is based on, then why shouldn't it exist?

It should not exist because the orignal Terminator and T2 resolved everything... the nuclear war, judgment day, and the rise of the machines was prevented. I don't buy into the notion that there is a "francise" here. A TV series (although entertaining) is questionable at best.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought T2's theme was around fate and if we have the power to change anything more than the mere details of our fate.

Anything after T2 suggests no... or does it? But if Skynet was really prevented, there wouldn't be any terminators to go back in time in the first place. My head hurts. I need to run a test.

I don'y mind the existence of this franchise, I'm just concerned with the excessive amount of Terminators being sent back in time. What are we up to now, 12 and counting? There should have only being 2 Terminators in this show, superbabe Glue, and evil Bruce Campbell. Yeah, I'm still demanding Campbell be casted as a Terminator!

If you buy into different timelines, which is what the entire franchise is based on, then why shouldn't it exist?

It should not exist because the orignal Terminator and T2 resolved everything... the nuclear war, judgment day, and the rise of the machines was prevented. I don't buy into the notion that there is a "francise" here. A TV series (although entertaining) is questionable at best.

Nothing in life is ever truly resolved. The only difference between a happy story and a sad story is where you choose to stop telling it.

She's Shirley Manson. She gets a free pass.

Not for her horrible acting, though. I also don't care that it's her first real acting job, it's a prime time tv show, so she should never have been hired for the damn role. She's just incredibly stilted, and not in a good way, like the other actors playing terminators, or who have played terminators in the past.

I don't mean to pick entirely on her because I don't want to pull a ShadowDog-esque rant here, but she just highlighted the horrible things about the episode for me. It just smacked of poor production quality and whatnot throughout. I know it's a tv show, but it looked like their budget was slashed in half, ultimately reminding me of the cheesy syndicated (I think) live-action Robocop show that aired on UPN many years ago.

Otherwise, I thought the overall idea for the episode was pretty good, just pulled off poorly for the most part. Almost everything with the established secondary characters worked great. Plus, the two Connor roles were fine, too. It's mainly just that if they want to do these big action-oriented episodes, they need to have the damn budget for it, otherwise it just doesn't come across well. I'll still give it at least a few more weeks to see if it gets back into the groove it was entering by the end of last season, especially since it's in the 8pm time slot now, not my overcrowded 9pm time slot.

She's Shirley Manson. She gets a free pass.

Not for her horrible acting, though. I also don't care that it's her first real acting job, it's a prime time tv show, so she should never have been hired for the damn role. She's just incredibly stilted, and not in a good way, like the other actors playing terminators, or who have played terminators in the past.

I don't mean to pick entirely on her because I don't want to pull a ShadowDog-esque rant here, but she just highlighted the horrible things about the episode for me. It just smacked of poor production quality and whatnot throughout. I know it's a tv show, but it looked like their budget was slashed in half, ultimately reminding me of the cheesy syndicated (I think) live-action Robocop show that aired on UPN many years ago.

Otherwise, I thought the overall idea for the episode was pretty good, just pulled off poorly for the most part. Almost everything with the established secondary characters worked great. Plus, the two Connor roles were fine, too. It's mainly just that if they want to do these big action-oriented episodes, they need to have the damn budget for it, otherwise it just doesn't come across well. I'll still give it at least a few more weeks to see if it gets back into the groove it was entering by the end of last season, especially since it's in the 8pm time slot now, not my overcrowded 9pm time slot.

I don't disagree with you at all actually. I just love her... even if she was a horrible actor and is weird looking.

First time I had a chance to watch this series because well I Loved the first Terminator, HATED T2, and thought T3 was a little better than T2

I'm sorry but...what? :hmm:

Just that... like someone said previously T2 stopped Skynet and T-1000 could do nothing to stop it. Least the first Terminator killed Kyle Reese and significantly injured Sarah. If anyone really paid attention to the first Terminator movie in its original incarnation. THIS was mans last chance at survival... the machines had lost the humans had won... John and the good guys broke in and found the time machine equipment and saw that a Terminator had gone back into time... They had one chance according to Kyle Reese explanation in the cop shop (tried to find a youtube thingy on it but found this but Kyle says it here in the video: The Terminator Interrogation Scene kinda ) So no one had any time to send a T-1000 or another reprogrammed T-800 back to help. It tried to ruin the first and the second for me was a waste of money no matter how much action in it it had cause it was a dumb idea to begin with. Hell Dyson didn't even die by the T-1000. The third movie at least enabled the first movie to happen yet keeping the same stupidity that brought the other Terminators back from the second so it was a little teeny bit better in saying that it was destined for Skynet to take over the world.

Awesome episode! Loved every minute of it.

Reason #234,849 that Sarah is a ****ing moron: "Is this how it happens? Is this how I get cancer? What I did today?"

Um, Sarah, are you REALLY asking us if the reason you died of cancer in 2005 was because you dicked around in a nuclear power plant in 2007? :hmm: ****ing dumbass. :no:

Ryan Chapelle

Were you also disappointed that he didn't get shot in the face in this episode? :( So far I've seen this actor in 24, Journeyman, and Terminator and it would have been awesome if he'd been shot to death in all three. But I'll take two shootings and a hanging. :drool:

Apparently someone in the future has worked hard to whip up a time-machine factory to keep sending all these people back to the present. Didn't those things used to be rare? And how many more Resistance fighters and Terminators can they possibly send back before the future runs out?

Maybe it's because I didn't recognize any of the bit players in this episode and none of them resonated with me, but I didn't really feel anywhere near wowed till the last 15 minutes, and then we shifted to high gear. Through the first 45, my attention kept wandering and I got quite a bit of reading done...except when my eyes rolled at John's latest tantrum ("When do I get to live my life? I wanna girlfriend and I want one NOW NOW NOW NOW NOWWW!"), and when I kept wondering to myself why Greenway didn't find it the least bit suspicious how the new temp janitor kept cozying up to him and pelting him with questions, and the brief moment when I wondered if all power plant guards carry automatic rifles like that one did.

The last 15 were otherwise solid, though. The parallel between Sarah's cancer dread and Cameron's relapse concerns made for a nice awkward bonding moment. Plus I wanna know just how many companies Shirley Manson is running under assumed identities now.

the brief moment when I wondered if all power plant guards carry automatic rifles like that one did.

In this terrorism age I would not be the least bit surprised if they did - especially at the nuclear brand of power plants. I still remember my flash of shock upon first witnessing an airport guard carrying the biggest machine gun I had ever seen.

Awesome episode! Loved every minute of it.

Reason #234,849 that Sarah is a ****ing moron: "Is this how it happens? Is this how I get cancer? What I did today?"

Um, Sarah, are you REALLY asking us if the reason you died of cancer in 2005 was because you dicked around in a nuclear power plant in 2007? :hmm: ****ing dumbass. :no:

Well, if the plan is for her and John to eventually return "to their own time" then the question would make sense, but I'm not really clear on whether they're planning to do that eventually.

Also, what did the writing on the wall in blood at the end say? My TV was getting bad reception so I couldn't read it.

Did the CAR transform along with the T-1000 or was I seeing things?

I don't think it did.

Well I'm confused. I thought they lept forward to 2003 or something. Or are they in the present? I forget.

That Terminator of the Week thing Tank said though is one step closer to coming true with Ryan Chapelle though. All of a sudden there was a Termiantor doppleganger of him? Never said where it came from or how SkyNET got his skin template or anything, just presto, Terminator Carl.

Yeah, especially when they said they weren't going to do that to us!

Apparently someone in the future has worked hard to whip up a time-machine factory to keep sending all these people back to the present. Didn't those things used to be rare? And how many more Resistance fighters and Terminators can they possibly send back before the future runs out?

That's one of my primary complaints. In the FIRST film, Reese said the time machine was experimental and Skynet sent a Terminator back as a last ditch play to save its ass. Reese went in moments later, then they were going to destroy it.

In those final moments just how many freaking trips were logged!? I think they established last season that the resistance was setting up a time machine of their own-- but at some point that's really going to turn into an easy plot device. If the time travel becomes that easy there's no tension.

I was actually kinda meh about this episode. What interests me is the stuff between Sarah and John. The tension of her trying to protect and prepare him, but at the same time realizing at some point he has to stand on his own to be the leader he's destined to be. THAT stuff is interesting. Cameron becoming more human is interesting.

What I'm not interested in is a little mission every week to blow up/not blow up/kill/save plot device X to save the future. That to me is less interesting, but I guess they need a vehicle for it. I had a hard time buying the ease of heir integration into a nuclear facility. They start with Driver's licenses at the front gate, and the next day she's emptying garbage cans in a high security zone. Sure, Cameron helped with her master forgery skills-- but still. There was some major suspension of disbelief here.

the brief moment when I wondered if all power plant guards carry automatic rifles like that one did.

In this terrorism age I would not be the least bit surprised if they did - especially at the nuclear brand of power plants. I still remember my flash of shock upon first witnessing an airport guard carrying the biggest machine gun I had ever seen.

I saw guards armed with automatic weapons standing near all the intersections close to the NYSE in 2005. It was definitely an attention getter as I rounded the corner of Broad And Wall.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are automatic weapons inside nuclear sites.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.