Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed a great ****ing episode! That was awesome. Love the T2 nod when the car in the drainage ditch thingy. But the best part was the creepy assed **** Cameron was saying trying to convince John not to pull her chip. She almost had me going. Creepy.

Yeah, that was a great scene. She wasn't lying though. She was okay. SHE RAN A TEST.

Sadly, it was her best moment. I still feel like she's just reduxing her Firefly character. I don't think she's scary in kill mode at all.

Another great bit was the very beginning, the way they cut it together with no sound, just music.

Yeah, but I personally have a low tolerance for slo-mo. it got old really fast for me.

The convo between Unkie and Firedude was interesting and bizarre at the same time. It almost sounded like Unkie was trying to talk Firedude outta helping. Hey! Dumbass! Talk **** to him AFTER you find your peeps and he patches them up, huh? :no:

He was testing his loyalty. Subtext Dexter! Come on!

Love John in this one. He's starting to take charge and the hurt look in Mom's eyes when he just tossed the gun back to her after ACTUALLY BRANDISHING IT AT HER was ****ing awesome! Still can't believe he drew down on his own momma. Not good, junior. Not good at all. :lol:

I think it needed to happen. The dude has been raised to lead and built up as a prophet practically. At some point they are all going to have to realize this and let him do what they keep telling him he has to do.

I liked the new show and the new terminator/urinal on the scene. This is starting out well for me.

Shirley manson needs some acting coaching, but it was a cool twist for her to be a T-1000... even if there was supposedly only one of them... unless.. Robert Patrick = Shirley manson? whoa...

I hope John isn't going to be a pouty emo boy all season though, that will get old quick.

Like last season you mean?

Great writeup Sixy! :drool:

I only want to add one thing:

Cameron finally starts talking to him...and begs him not to turn her off. She says she's run an internal diagnostic and repaired the problem.

He falters. Sarah screams at him. Cameron's voice rises as she swears she's okay now. He flips the hatch. She all but screams at him in panic that she's okay and he shouldn't do this and she loves him.

That last part is when he snaps out of it, and yanks the CPU from its chamber. Cameron goes limp.

I just wanted to add that during her begging she also said that HE loves her. I only bring this up because I think this could be a crucial point this season. Obviously he already has feelings for her. But what does the adult John feel for her? Does he love her? Does that prove that he's completely bat**** crazy? I might could dig loving a human form Cylon because for all intents and purposes they're human beings. But Cameron is straight up robot with a tasty human outer shell. There's nothing to love there dude. It's like loving a TV. And while a Hi Def 55 inch TV IS pretty badass ... um, naw. Ain't happening! :no:

I think they're setting something up with this and it could go several different ways.

And finally, back to that comment about Robert Patrick being the only T-1000, remember the future has been changed. What we're basically dealing with here is a series of parallel worlds. Each time the future gets changed we jump to a new parallel reality. :drool:

It comes down to whether you believe a fully functioning AI can transcend into what it is to be "human" to be "alive", SD. Recent pop culture wise, Cameron is Mr.Data. Can a Star Trek hero/heroine character feel any less for Data? He thinks, he feels (even before he knew it), you prick him does he not... leak? Same with Cameron. What is life?

I liked the new show and the new terminator/urinal on the scene.

I wanna know what happened to the urinal that used to be where she was hiding. Did she pry it off the wall and set it in a nearby utility closet, or did she "consume" it -- y'know, assimilate it into her system so she can add its qualities to her own?

On second thought, don't answer that.

And finally, back to that comment about Robert Patrick being the only T-1000, remember the future has been changed. What we're basically dealing with here is a series of parallel worlds. Each time the future gets changed we jump to a new parallel reality. :drool:

That's a nice fanboy explanation-- but the truth is, the producers of this show are striking out with their own continuity. They won't be tying in to the new films, and they are using the olds ones as a backstory that they have no problem making apocryphal.

I let them get away with it because it's the best Terminator anything I've seen yet.

It comes down to whether you believe a fully functioning AI can transcend into what it is to be "human" to be "alive", SD. Recent pop culture wise, Cameron is Mr.Data. Can a Star Trek hero/heroine character feel any less for Data? He thinks, he feels (even before he knew it), you prick him does he not... leak? Same with Cameron. What is life?

Exactly-- that's what makes the show interesting. IF Cameron remained a toaster for the run I'd lose interest. That sentience is what makes or breaks a big part of this show.

I wanna know what happened to the urinal that used to be where she was hiding. Did she pry it off the wall and set it in a nearby utility closet, or did she "consume" it -- y'know, assimilate it into her system so she can add its qualities to her own?

It was still there on the wall! You didn't see it after she formed up? I guess what she did was just spread out over the urinal and the wall behind it as a way to hide, similiar to the way the one in the movie spread out over the floor in front of the coke machine.

That's a nice fanboy explanation-- but the truth is, the producers of this show are striking out with their own continuity. They won't be tying in to the new films, and they are using the olds ones as a backstory that they have no problem making apocryphal.

I'm sure you're right that they're striking out on their own, but that doesn't make it a fanboy explanation. It matches the time travel speculation and theories of much smarter people than me who probably never watch TV. I wasn't trying to imply I came up with that theory, I read about it and it applies perfectly to this situation.

The funny thing is, I actually hate this being applied to time travel stories because it basically means time travel has no consequences. You can pretty much do whatever the **** you want and whatever changes in your original timeline just jumps to a new timeline and your old one is still there. **** that ****! I want consequences!

But it's hard science. :( Unproven to this point, but still pretty solid as far as I can tell. :(

Yeah I agree-- normally time travel annoys me when they do that. I think this works though because they aren't actively travelling on a constant basis. They are where they are with no idea of what's coming. For that reason, it tends to work.

First time I had a chance to watch this series because well I Loved the first Terminator, HATED T2, and thought T3 was a little better than T2 cause it kept the original ending to the first but while I understand that this is a whole new timeline from a friend and such I feel bleh about the last part of what I saw. How old is that girl Terminator suppose to be and what is it some kind of giant blow up doll/female vibrator for John? Terminator goes to kill John and I understand her programming went awry but still... a Terminator that has the potential to go bad is not a thing to play with hence the word TERMINATOR. I won't be watching this show and stick with the first Terminator movie that was so excitingly done.

quoted from NumberSix:

On second thought, don't answer that

Funny stuff Six with the urinal thingy... thats the first thing I wondered was where was the urinal that was suppose to be there and the dude stood there long enough to take a pee so... is this a sensual masochistic golden showers type thing that I want no real part of. Sorry had to throw my nickel into the pot on this one.

You missed a great ****ing episode! That was awesome. Love the T2 nod when the car in the drainage ditch thingy. But the best part was the creepy assed **** Cameron was saying trying to convince John not to pull her chip. She almost had me going. Creepy.

Yeah, that was a great scene. She wasn't lying though. She was okay. SHE RAN A TEST.

Pretty sure you're wrong about that--if she had really been better, she wouldn't have tried to convince John to save her, based on what she said to him at the end of the episode. Plus, if she was already better, what was the point of all those shots of John trying to fix the damage to her chip?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.