Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

"Looks like your brother's here, and you're wearing his coat"

What? Who was that Guy?

Too bad we don't get to see where weaver and John Henry scurried off to, and what the deal is with this terminator resistance. Perhaps this resistance is covered in the movie.

Are we to believe that Cameron's chip that was just brought forward through time after judgment day is the same chip used in the creation of Cameron?

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Who was that Guy?

Too bad we don't get to see where weaver and John Henry scurried off to, and what the deal is with this terminator resistance. Perhaps this resistance is covered in the movie.

Are we to believe that Cameron's chip that was just brought forward through time after judgment day is the same chip used in the creation of Cameron?

The guy that said that line is Derek.

I think the movie and the TV show are two completely different stories with no relation to each other.

If they do use the chip, won't it have Cameron's memories on it as well?

What the **** just happened?!

It looks like they just tied everything up and that is it for the series. Mom and Ellison died in the Skynet attack. Connor is sent to the future with Weaver. Cameron is made after that one chick we saw abducted in an earlier episode. I suppose we could see Connor try and find Cameron's chip but that is long gone and I doubt he will track hew since he now has human Cameron.

I thought it was a solid episode-but yeah--that seems to be all she wrote.

Really cool last episode. I didn't catch that that was human Cameron. Thanks for clearing up the end, because I was a bit confused by some of it. It'll probably make more sense when I rewatch the series on dvd. Was Ellison and Sarah really killed though? That kind of sucks. :(

As for Fox, they're never going to have a hit show on Friday night. They shoud just accept that. The last show that was a hit on that night was The X-Files and that was a long ass time ago. They should lower their expectations even more in regards to ratings.

What? Who was that Guy?

The guy that said that line is Derek.

Yeah, but who was the other guy standing with the dog and Cameron's inspiration and why did Derek call that guy John's brother?

Man. I love(d) this show!

Feel a little let down that we won't ever get some answers, but it was a great ride

What? Who was that Guy?

Derek said "MY brother is back..." as in Kyle, John's father.

Outside of coming out of the same core mythos, and being owned by Halcyon, Salvation and TCCC don't really have anything to do with each other. There's not really any joining continuity--- they've built in their save for this though by establishing that every trip through time in the t-verse results in an alternate timeline. And Young John is now in one where he never existed into the future to lead anyone.

I'm pretty sure now that we see Weaver is on the side of the resistance that the liquid Terminator we saw on the submarine with Jesse was the T-1000. (Though I was sold when she duplicated Robert Patrick's NO-NO finger wave.)

He said "You're about to become famous."

"Why?"

"My brother's back, and you're wearing his coat."

Then Kyle Reese walks in, and John looks upon his father in awe.

What I found interesting was how no one heard of or knew John Connor. Simply because, because John wasn't in the past/present for Judgement Day, he wasn't there to round everyone up in the future.

Next question being, who was leading the Resistance at that point? Were they still unorganized rebels? Or was Kyle the leader? He did have an air to him when he walked in, like "I run this bitch."

He said "You're about to become famous."

"Why?"

"My brother's back, and you're wearing his coat."

Then Kyle Reese walks in, and John looks upon his father in awe.

What I found interesting was how no one heard of or knew John Connor. Simply because, because John wasn't in the past/present for Judgement Day, he wasn't there to round everyone up in the future.

Next question being, who was leading the Resistance at that point? Were they still unorganized rebels? Or was Kyle the leader? He did have an air to him when he walked in, like "I run this bitch."

I kind of took it that Connor kind of takes over as the leader in the resistance in the coming years after the time travel.

I'm pretty sure now that we see Weaver is on the side of the resistance that the liquid Terminator we saw on the submarine with Jesse was the T-1000. (Though I was sold when she duplicated Robert Patrick's NO-NO finger wave.)

In that episode, the terminator had a message "no"

The question was "will you join us?", the same question passed on to Cameron tonight. It was a message to Cameron that they are the "good" terminators from the future, making her willing to donate her chip which helps fill her own future self with facts, figures, and timetables from before judgment day.

Now that I think about it, I kind of think it was the "good" terminators that captured the girl that looked like Cameron and tried to learn everything about making making a terminator more personable. The interrogations were held at sea just like the whole USS. Jimmy Carter episode.

Out of all the directions they could have gone with that episode I didn't expect them to end up there. Great ending but i'll be sad to see it go.

It definately wrapped up some of the season arcs and didn't leave too many major questions hanging. We know (pretty much) it was Weaver on the Jimmy Carter but what was that little slither of metal that joins into her from the crashing skynet ship?

Also was Cameron actually good? I don't see the point of her giving JH her chip then him going into the future? We they all sent back for some sort of other purpose, to fool Weaver and John? Or did Future John sebd her back just to protect him. She knew that when she met JH her time was up and she had to send her chip back with JH?

I'm confused!!!

Wow, another good episode (and a completely unexpected ending). My first impressions:

1. Now I see why the writers needed Derek to die. They couldn't have let him be there to jump forward with John.

2. Sending John to the future solves one of the Resistance's biggest problems: John Connor is their key asset, and Skynet knows it. Everybody that lives or spends time with John Connor dies. Not anymore. Now John is in the future anonymously, and can start to help without Skynet being the wiser.

3. Was future John (before the young one jumped forward, mind you) dead? We never saw him in the future. When Jesse asked to speak to him in the future, Cameron said, "telling me is the same as telling John." Was Cameron trying to get the liquid terminator to come take his place (in his form)? When that failed, did she then decide to go back into the past? If all of this is true, then a second major problem is solved: the death of John Connor. Let's assume he got cancer or something (like Sarah) and that his death was inevitable. Well, now he's 16 in the future. So now he's got a lot of time left.

4. I don't think that Cameron traveled into the future. I think that she downloaded herself onto John Henry's server, and then he uploaded himself onto her chip, so that HE could go into the future. I think Cameron was left behind (hence the "I'm Sorry John" on the screens even after John Henry was gone). He just needed her chip in order to travel into the future (also helps explain why they were upset that the other terminator's chip self-destructed). Cameron knows that this faction is benevolent, and was willing to give her chip for this purpose.

5. It's also possible that this was Cameron's mission all along (although that does seem like more of a stretch). If John in the future was dead, then she may have come back to (1) help prepare him for the future and (2) lead him to the third faction when the time was right (this would assume that Cameron maintained contact with the third faction, in the future, after they turned down the "will you join us?" offer, and that they planned this together). Her flirtation with John may have been a means to (1) ensure that he would jump forward to try to "rescue" her, and (2) not be completely devastated by her not being there, thanks to the fact that Allison is there instead.

6. Yes, that was Allison in the future, which is why she didn't have a poker face on and the dog wasn't barking at her. But I don't think John has ever heard about Allison (did Cameron tell him?). If you watch the scene again, he's extremely happy to see her, and then he sort of gets a puzzled look like....hey, that's a person...?

I dunno, what do you guys think? I would love to see a third season that continues the future storyline, and I still maintain hope, despite what TV by the numbers says. Luckily, the last few weeks of episodes have gotten GREAT reviews, and there is a push to save the show by the fans. Also, since the show is going to completely change (it will now be set in the future), they might be willing to give it another chance, since it will now have a different appeal.

We know (pretty much) it was Weaver on the Jimmy Carter but what was that little slither of metal that joins into her from the crashing skynet ship?

Oddly enough, that was the eel out of the fish tank. They show it lying there on the floor, and then it turns into metal and joins with her. I'm not sure why she would keep part of herself in the fish tank...but hey, who am I to judge a T-1001?

Crazy thought-- but what if it were Sarah? she could still be live and in charge, waiting for john to arrive from the past.

We know (pretty much) it was Weaver on the Jimmy Carter but what was that little slither of metal that joins into her from the crashing skynet ship?

:angry:

Why doesn't anyone agree with me!??!

Weaver is on the GOOD Terminator side, that was obvious.

The liquid T on the sub not only had the mannerisms of Robert Patrick but said NO, it wouldn't be joining them. To me that means it was the T-1000, not Weaver.

I think Weaver left that PIEce of herself in her office 24-7 as a way to make sure nobody sneaked in to find out secret info she was hiding in there. It's a great way to hide an extra layer of security. :drool:

Maybe the writers will blog about what their future plans for the show were like the Tru Calling writers blogged about what their future plans were. That info was both a blessing and a curse. It was very cool to find out what was planned after Tru Calling got cancelled, but also pissed me off because of how ****ing cool it would have been to see it all play out on the screen.

:angry:

Why doesn't anyone agree with me!??!

Weaver is on the GOOD Terminator side, that was obvious.

The liquid T on the sub not only had the mannerisms of Robert Patrick but said NO, it wouldn't be joining them. To me that means it was the T-1000, not Weaver.

Oh I agree she is a good Terminator. I took it that the liquid on the sub was Weaver and didn't want to join with the human resistance at that time because of the attack on her/it.

Then at an unspecifed point in the future it realises it has to, goes back in time and kills Weaver thus starting the chain of events we see in Season Two.

Thats why she knew what to say to Cameron and why Cameron had that reaction.

I do agree that your theory also has its points, especially with the Patrick-esqe finger-wag and that either could be valid. I just like there to be many alternates in true Terminator tradition :)

3. Was future John (before the young one jumped forward, mind you) dead? We never saw him in the future. When Jesse asked to speak to him in the future, Cameron said, "telling me is the same as telling John." Was Cameron trying to get the liquid terminator to come take his place (in his form)? When that failed, did she then decide to go back into the past? If all of this is true, then a second major problem is solved: the death of John Connor. Let's assume he got cancer or something (like Sarah) and that his death was inevitable. Well, now he's 16 in the future. So now he's got a lot of time left.

I've also been toying with those thoughts since that line was delivered. It seems logical as nobody really sees John Connor. Also it would be a very Cameron thing to do to use lots of Terminators instead of humans, as she would see them as much more reliable and better fighters.

Plus think of what it would do to the Resistance if John Connor did die, better to keep them in the dark than to demoralise them completely

Hopefully Freidman will come out and answer a few things if/when the series as announced as over for good.

Weaver was already planning on moving John Henry. SHe asked the tech guy as much. Cameron gave her chip to John Henry so he could download onto it and escape into the future (similar to how she, John and Sarah jumped ahead at the beginning of the series). I'm pretty sure that is her programing on the mainframe.

So now John is in an alternate future (which have already been established since Derek's gf came from a different future than he did). He wasn't around to lead the resistance, but Kyle Reese does. Remember, he was one of John's top lieutenants before being sent back in the original movie). Perhaps the purpose is for John to see that nothing can stop Judgement Day or to learn more about Cameron's past. THere are definitely tons of loose threads.

One thing that really caught me and I had to rewind the DVR a couple times to catch it: At the end when they show the spot they jumped to the future, there's another bolt of electricity (another time jump) and you can faintly hear Weaver say something like "I was wondering when the two of you would show up." WHo are the two? Sarah and Ellison?

THat really stinks if it's the end of the show. I'd hate to lose this and BSG in the same year.

I think there at the end it was going back to a shot of where John and Catherine Weaver had just landed. The lamp in the background is the same, it looks like there are lightbulbs strung overhead (just like in the tunnels), and it is definitely a post-judgment day setting. I guess that last electrical signal just carried Sarah's final words to John: "I love you too" through time. Unfortunately, he didn't hear them.

On another note, it seems like this final episode is creating a buzz. Too bad it's the last one of the season. If they had created a buzz sooner maybe they could have attracted higher ratings. I did notice that it's already been reviewed 22,426 times on Fox on Demand. Last week's episode has been reviewed 12,488 times. All weeks before that are only rated like 3,000 - 7,000 times. So that's an interesting jump. Again, too bad it doesn't correlate to ratings.

You're probably right.

It's going to suck though. Season 3 could have been great. As I see it, there's three possible scenarios for Season 3:

1. John Connor stays in the future and we watch him become the leader of the resistance over time.

2. John Connor stays in the future, as above, but at the same time we get to see present-day people affecting the future (like Sarah, and Skynet people, and other terminators/resistance fighters sent back in time). Their actions affect John in the future (for good or bad), which we as the viewers realize because something suddenly changes, but John and the other future-people don't.

3. As Shadowdog said earlier, John Connor stays in the future for a short while, then comes back and restores his natural progression into a leader. He either brings back a restored Cameron, Cameron's recovered chip, or Allison.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.