Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

I really enjoyed the last episode, but I have a few questions:

1. John Henry said that the other AI had infiltrated a "large percentage" of the world's computer systems, and when Weaver asks him why, he says it's because "he was looking for me." How did the other AI know that John Henry existed?

2. When Cameron rescued Derek, why didn't they stick around and figure out what was going on? That guy had a direct link through his cellphone to the other AI. Let's hope that they at least picked that up, and it just wasn't shown.

3. If the other AI does become Skynet, which seems to be what's happening, then I wonder if terminators being sent back are actively helping it right now. Its henchmen in this episode were just human.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And another thing (apparently I think about this more than everybody else).

For the entire life of the franchise, we've seen the future war from the human perspective, and been told how it began from the human perspective. In this series, we're starting to see the machines' side. Isn't it interesting that John Henry (presumably) knows nothing about the future war and judgment day? Yet he knows about the "domestic terrorist" Sarah Connor. Similarly, the other new AI probably doesn't know about the future war and judgment day either. But the other AI knows that the Connors are a threat.

Are we being lead down the road to where (in this timeline) Judgment Day only happens because Skynet reacts to the Connors' aggression?

Like John Henry said, the other AI just "wants to survive."

And another thing (apparently I think about this more than everybody else).

For the entire life of the franchise, we've seen the future war from the human perspective, and been told how it began from the human perspective. In this series, we're starting to see the machines' side. Isn't it interesting that John Henry (presumably) knows nothing about the future war and judgment day? Yet he knows about the "domestic terrorist" Sarah Connor. Similarly, the other new AI probably doesn't know about the future war and judgment day either. But the other AI knows that the Connors are a threat.

Are we being lead down the road to where (in this timeline) Judgment Day only happens because Skynet reacts to the Connors' aggression?

Like John Henry said, the other AI just "wants to survive."

John Henry was scrubbed of his old Cromartie memories, so knows nothing of the future. It knows about Sarah because it can access all of, well, everything!

I know what you mean because I really love his character, but you know what? That death was true to this series. It was quick, it was brutal, and it was senseless. Any of them (the humans) can die that quickly and that brutally and THAT is why Sarah has been so scared and insane this entire series and even back to the second movie. So that's true to the heart of the series.

This was another mind blowing awesome ****ing episode. And each week we get another one of these it pisses me off more and more that a show this good is getting cancelled while complete and utter dog**** like Heroes goes on and on and ****ing ON. :no: "TV shows don't cause violence. CANCELLING TV shows causes violence!"

Yeah, that was the worst ending for a bad ass character since Boba Fett. Very Disappointing.

But man, after watching this episode, I actually feel kind of pissed about the bust, and I'm ready for the ww3 that is promised in the next episode.

A couple months ago, I was just done with this series, but now I am going to be royally pissed if this isn't back next season.

John is just now being forced to step into his leadership role, and he is finding his footing. I am totally captivated with the John Henry character and love every bit of his screen time that they give us. The writing and acting has improved sooo much this season, especially in this second half that it would be a real shame if they cut this project loose just after they figured out how to make the concept work.

The question is, can there still be a "Sarah Conner Chronicles" if Sarah is locked away in a cell, letting John call the shots from now on. I hope so, but I have a feeling that there isn't a series unless it is from Sarah's point of view, because of the way they framed this series.

So, I guess either the show is over, or she gets busted out of jail.

I was really sad to see him get killed. It was very shocking especially since we just lost Charlie last week, but you're right SD, it fits with the series and is pretty powerful stuff. It kind of feels like everything is coming to an end the way these last few episodes have been written. I'm sure they could keep going, but I'm not getting my hopes up like I've done in the past. I've pretty much accepted that this is probably it. Would be a nice surprise though if it's not.

Dayum that was a heartbreaking episode. Derek gets knocked off then Sarah gets captured. I'm actually lost for words. Its just tipped the whole storyline on its head in time for the season finale next week.

Now i don't know whether to think Weaver is skynet or not, I'm leaning more towards not and that she is some sort of 'anti-skynet' production sent back to help. Especially after the 'Savannah's life may depend on John Henry's' part

If this show doesn't come back I'll be majorly majorly pissed because this plot is ful of great ideas.

My guess is that she's not working for future John Connor or Skynet and this is all just her own plan. She's a rogue machine that wants to stop the future war in her own way, perhaps? If she is the terminator from the sub, she did consider working with John, or at least meet with him but then changed her mind because of the events that transpired on the sub.

That was another good episode. I was sad to see Derek go, but I guess all of this is playing in to John Connor being forced to become the leader he's destined to be. After Sarah was captured and he and Cameron were staring at the footage on the TV, Cameron looked at him as though to say "so...what now?" He's the leader now whether he likes it or not.

Also, we got some major hints this episode (I think) that Catherine Weaver was the liquid terminator on the sub. The detective in her office was fixated on the eel (which right away is a visual metaphor for the liquid terminator, which kept turning into a snake-like form to move around the sub). When asked about the eel, Catherine Weaver said that they mostly stay in hiding, and only attack when provoked. This is exactly what happened to the liquid terminator on the sub. It stayed in hiding, and only attacked one person -- the person who pointed a gun at it. Then the detective asked what the eel ate. She mentioned a few things, including other eels. The detective was particularly interested in it eating other eels (which would be a hint that Catherine Weaver, in this metaphor, "eats" or "preys upon" other terminators...which further pushes the third faction theory).

We're all but being told out-right that John Henry doesn't become Skynet at this point. Like UK Legend said, the line in the elevator was a huge hint. Not only did Catherine Weaver say that Savannah's life would depend on John Henry, but also that Ellison's life would depend on John Henry (which to me implied that John Henry's purpose was to help avoid or minimize the effects of judgment day). Also, John Henry shows genuine concern for the life of Savannah, and in the last episode for the life of Ellison. That's not Skynet behavior.

Weaver is pretty brutal, but she only kills humans if they get in the way of her objectives. Which is really the same thing Cameron does. But since the liquid terminator in the future turned down the alliance, that would hint that she's not really working for, or even with John Connor anyway. She's got her own objective, like Iceman said.

What the **** just happened?!

It looks like they just tied everything up and that is it for the series. Mom and Ellison died in the Skynet attack. Connor is sent to the future with Weaver. Cameron is made after that one chick we saw abducted in an earlier episode. I suppose we could see Connor try and find Cameron's chip but that is long gone and I doubt he will track hew since he now has human Cameron.

I thought it was a solid episode-but yeah--that seems to be all she wrote.

Say Goodbye to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Posted on 10 April 2009 by Robert Seidman

terminator-john-henry

What a week for Garret Dillahunt! Two season finales that are almost certainly series finales. First, on Life in his role of Roman Nevikov and tonight on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles where he’s played the role of Cromartie and John Henry. I wish it was as easy to pull stats for television as baseball because if it were I could find out easily whether any actors have ever starred in two series finales in one week before.

I don’t really know or care whether some sites have legitimate “Terminator cancellation confirmation†(or for that matter, legitimate copies of finale scripts) or whether they were scams. We’ll find out on the script tonight. As for the show being canceled, sources are not required, the show will absolutely not be renewed. That hasn’t really been in doubt since October.

TV is actually a business that is run by the numbers! Sure, we’re biased because we’re TVbytheNumbers, but like it or not, the ratings do matter. I get it, some people don’t like that. But that’s like not liking that the sun rises in the east instead of the west. There’s just not much to be done about it.

TSCC’s fate was sealed even before it moved to Fridays, and if anyone thought Friday was really going to help its prospects for next year, I don’t understand why. But hey, it enabled FOX to air all the episodes, and the fans ought to be happy about that.

I believe FOX really did want to give Fridays a try to see what happened. But what happened wasn’t good - it hasn’t been good for Dollhouse either. Let me explain. Sure, the expectations are LESS on Fridays. Those shows didn’t need to perform as well as House and Hell’s Kitchen, Fringe or Bones. There is no doubt about that. But unfortunately, for fans of TSCC and Dollhouse, CBS has set the bar for Friday night expectations for new airings of scripted dramas. Currently that bar is set (in its last new episode) at a 2.6 rating with adults 18-49 for Ghost Whisperer and a 1.9 rating for Flashpoint.

FOX may have been very OK with TSCC pulling even 75% of what Ghost Whisperer does. Unfortunately it’s been pulling 50%-60%. While expectations were lower, they were not that much lower.

Dollhouse faces similar challenges. It’s currently doing about 78% of what Flashpoint does, but since Flashpoint only performs at ~73% of Ghost Whisperer, the expectations for Dollhouse versus Flashpoint were probably that it do at least 85%-90% as well. And unfortunately it’s doing a little less than 80%.

Sure, it’s possible Dollhouse could turn things around in its last four episodes, but that’s not very likely. And again, while FOX’s expectations for scripted shows are indeed lower on Friday, there can be no doubt that both shows are underperforming FOX’s hopes.

If DVD sales are high for Dollhouse, anything is possible. If the Terminator movie winds up being a blockbuster that leads to massive sales of season one and season two DVD sets of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, could it be resurrected? Sure. But I don’t know how that is going to shake out. What I am certain of, however, is that when FOX announces its lineups for the 2009-2010 on May 18 none of that, nor online viewing is going to matter. Neither show will be announced as being on the 2009-2010 lineup.

Nope, I don’t have any inside skinny, haven’t seen an official press release and don’t really care whether the sets have been torn down or left up. I just care about what makes sense based on the numbers, and in the case of TSCC, the numbers aren’t remotely good enough to even be considered a bubble show. There’s a much better case for bubble-dom for Dollhouse, but relative to even Flashpoint, not a very good case for it, really.

I’m looking forward to tonight’s finale of TSCC. I hope it’s great. The good news is that some day, Summer Glau will be back. Just not on that show.

link

Oh, it'd be easy to continue! They just need to get John back to the present, which I'd imagine would happen in episode 2 or 3 of Season 3.

Great, GREAT episode! We got some answers, we got a lot of great action, and some tender man on metal moments as well. ROWL. It was nice to see Derek again as well. :(

It'll be sad to see this series go, but that happens every year. Journeyman hurt more than this one will because it only got 12 episodes where we got 31 episodes of this. That's not a bad run.

What HAS been very ****ing irritating this time around has been the outright meanspiritedness from a lot of people about this and Dollhouse being cancelled. This year marks my 10th year actively using internet message boards and reading blogs, and in that time I've probably seen 40-50 shows I really like get cancelled before their time. Everything from Sliders to The 4400, from Tru Calling to Atlantis, from The Dead Zone to Total Recall 2070, from Jericho to Dead Like Me. A LOT of shows.

But never have I seen, everywhere I turn, so many people take such outright pleasure in mocking the fans of a show about to be cancelled. Look at the douche quoted above. Oh, you don't understand why people didn't bow to your special knowledge that Terminator was getting cancelled way back in October? That's called HOPE, you bitchweed. That's called liking a show a whole lot so you want to believe. That's also called seeing other shows raised from the dead, like Jericho.

I can understand this outright hate towards Dollhouse because Joss Whedon is a raging egomaniac and that turns a lot of people off so they want to see it fail. But I don't understand why so many people are being such dicks about Terminator being cancelled. Did Terminator call whatever **** is their favorite show bad names or something? I really don't get it. :no:

I don't understand why so many people are being such dicks about Terminator being cancelled. Did Terminator call whatever **** is their favorite show bad names or something? I really don't get it. :no:

Interesting, I haven't encountered this.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.