Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, is it pretty obvious to everyone that when they say they are trying to keep John away from "her," that they are talking about Sarah and not Cameron? I get the feeling that the writers are trying to make you think this means Cameron, but the big reveal will be that they are really talking about Sarah, like somehow Sarah's involvement is hindering John's development, since she was supposed to die.

Or... has Lost and Heroes ruined me that I think everything is bait and switch?

I think that when Jesse is talking about alienating John from "her," she's talking about Cameron. Didn't she tell Derek in an earlier episode about how John was living with "it," with "metal?" And then went on about how she (meaning "it," the "metal") has taken over (in the future)?

Also, given that Jesse clearly has hidden motives, I can't help but think that the above (keeping John from getting too close to Cameron) is not her real mission. What if her real mission is to harm John, and she just needed a creative way to take care of Cameron (his security) first? If her plan was for Cameron to kill Riley, then she probably would have assumed that the Connors would get rid of Cameron at that point.

Well, looks like we get Jesse for another week. They need to get rid of her ASAP. She brings the show to a screeching halt. Her scenes this week on the sub were boring, although it looks like it's leading to something from the preview for next weeks show. I much preferred the stuff with John, Cameron and Sarah, like when Cameron was imitating Riley's voice to John over the phone. Kind of creepy how she just kept going on and on with him. Also, creepy was the scenes with Weaver's daughter and John Henry playing games.

*in Jeff Goldblum voice* "Uh, you did say uh, there...there'd be uh Terminators on this uh, Terminator show?"

Seriously, this show is just another soap-opera disguised with sci-fi, just like BSG. Where are the things that got me hooked on the Terminator series in the first place? It's a shame, because it started off great & then got booooooooring.

And no, the only reason to like Jessie is for her looks & accent.

I agree. It had good acting, direction, cinematography, and screenplay. I haven't seen as much suspense in a TV episode since The Sopranos was good.

I could have done without the part with john crying on mommy's lap. I would be OK with him crying alone though. The "I hate my mean mom!" bit is also still wearing thin. Faults aside, I thing it was a great show and the best of the series so far, and I thought last week's was excellent too.

They have really stepped up their game! I hope the trend continues.

Yep, I agree with you guys. Really amazing episode. There was so much going on in this one. Loved the references to Andy Goode from the first season and the sub stuff turned out to be awesome. My favorite part though was when Derek confronted Jesse. The music was so good in that scene and added to the tension.

Great episode. Really brought things together. I have to wonder if the Liquid Termenator in the sub was the one send to destroy John when he was 12/13. The shaking of the finger did it. Was a cool throw back.

Stuff on the sub were great. Almost didnt want to go to the 'present' though when I saw USS JIMMY CARTER I cracked up a bit.

Stuff in present was good too. Tied things together with everyone. John crying like a little boy was good. Showed that no matter how much they fight they are human inside.

I agree, best episode of the series. It was really great.

It was really nice to see John Connor act like you would expect John Connor to act. I think this episode was clearly about him turning a corner, shedding his former self, and starting to turn into a leader. I didn't have a problem with him crying at the end -- he is still a kid, after all, with the weight of the humanity on his shoulders (as Derek stated). Also, like Malfoy just said, it shows that he's still human (which also hints at what Derek said...that people in the future were always watching John for signs of his humanity).

I'm not sure whether the liquid terminator was a new one altogether, or whether it was the one from T2 or Catherine Weaver. If it's one of the ones we already know, then I would lean towards it being Catherine Weaver. Apparently the resistance asked either some faction, or this particular liquid terminator, if it would "join them," presumably in an alliance against Skynet. The T2 terminator seemed squarely in Skynet's camp, so I doubt it was him. The question I have is, was the liquid terminator's answer always "no," or did it only become "no" after the idiots opened the box, pointed a gun at it, and then proceeded to carry out a mutiny and destroy an irreplaceable nuclear submarine? Who's going to want to ally themselves with a bunch of bungling humans after that?

I didn't realize how big Jesse's ego was until she was confronted by John towards the end of that last episode. In fact, I suffered from the same blindness Jesse did because I also assumed John was a dumb assed clueless teenager.

But this is John ****ing Conner! We're talking about a man who "Plays chess with Skynet" on a global scale and WINS. We're talking about the schemingest, dopest, smartest, scandalest, Machiavelliest dude IN THE WORLD in the future. The only man who can take on the smartest computer ever built AND WIN.

THIS is the man that Jesse thought she could outsmart all by herself. HYUCK!

How big of a ****ing ego do you have to have to think you can take this man even as a teenager? Yeah, you're going to outsmart HIM, baybee.

In hindsight, it was a slamdunk the whole time, we just didn't see it. Jesse sure as hell didn't see it.

For that reason, I think this was absolutely brilliant writing. We got led down the garden path just like Jesse did. :eek:

What's the over/under on whether Jesse bites the dust tonight?

They left it ambiguous.

Maybe this is the cynical part of me talking but I think they did this because they don't know if they're going to be cancelled or coming back. If they're cancelled we can assume Derek shot her and that gives us Jesse closure. If they're coming back, they get to bring back a fascinating, hawt, badass character next season. You can't assume you're getting cancelled and kill off your series' version of Ratboy Krycek too early and **** yourself out of great stories down the road. So if I'm right, it was a great choice on the show runners' part. :drool:

If it's one of the ones we already know, then I would lean towards it being Catherine Weaver. Apparently the resistance asked either some faction, or this particular liquid terminator, if it would "join them," presumably in an alliance against Skynet. The T2 terminator seemed squarely in Skynet's camp, so I doubt it was him. The question I have is, was the liquid terminator's answer always "no," or did it only become "no" after the idiots opened the box, pointed a gun at it, and then proceeded to carry out a mutiny and destroy an irreplaceable nuclear submarine? Who's going to want to ally themselves with a bunch of bungling humans after that?

That's an interesting possibility and ties in well with the "Humans will ultimately disappoint you" line.

Maybe this is the cynical part of me talking but I think they did this because they don't know if they're going to be cancelled or coming back. If they're cancelled we can assume Derek shot her and that gives us Jesse closure. If they're coming back, they get to bring back a fascinating, hawt, badass character next season. You can't assume you're getting cancelled and kill off your series' version of Ratboy Krycek too early and **** yourself out of great stories down the road. So if I'm right, it was a great choice on the show runners' part. :drool:

I think that you may be on to something there, and I agree that it was a good decision to leave it ambiguous like that.

At this point I'm going to be pretty upset if it's canceled. I guess time will tell.

Yeah, I'm going to be really ****ing pissed if we don't get one more season. I know the ratings are low but come on man!

Like tonight. What an AWESOME ****ing episode! I'm a little pressed for time so I'll go into detail later but this was so excellent AGAIN tonight. :drool:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.