Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

No. So far there's no proof that she's bi, for one.

I guess you need everything spelled out for you. That sounds like an insult, but please don't take it that way. I mean that literally, because for me it's very obvious from all the subtle clues and hints and things they've done with both characters. But if you need to see Riley's tongue in Jesse's ass before you believe it, that's cool with me because I wouldn't mind seeing that either.

Cons: Another ghost on another TV show? This is fast becoming a very tired cliche. I don't watch that many shows and I'm still seeing this gimmick twice a week on TV. WTF?

Are you referring to Kyle? Sarah has long been driven by visions of Kyle keeping her on task; I don't think this is a new element for the Terminator series.

More to the point, what we are seeing of Kyle is not a ghost, but a hallucination manifested by Sarah's instability.

Fair enough. But let me put it this way, when they remade Planet of the Apes they didn't do the screaming "You stupid bastards did it!!" ending the second time around. Why? It was in the first movie, right? They didn't do it because by the time the remake happened that iconic moment had been copied and parodied and replayed and echoed to ****ing DEATH.

To me, the talking to a person who isn't there on TV shows got old even before Six Feet Under finished it's run. Besides that series we've seen it within the last two decades on Buffy, Angel, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Voyager, The X-Files, Dark Angel, Total Recall 2070, The Outer Limits, Dead Man's Gun, Smallville, Firefly, Sanctury, BSG, Lost, Heroes, and on Bones just a week or two ago. And that's just off the top of my head and just with series I've personally seen. There are probably dozens of other examples. It is played the **** out.

Why did the Shirley Manson-bot destroy that factory? What was there?

I wonder the same thing. I mean, she destroyed it because John Henry caught an over the air transmission from the factory and told her about it, which meant they were ****ing the dog on security so she terminated them all. But as to what exactly they were making there, who knows.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After this season, they should cancel the show and replace it with the Summer Glau pole dancing hour. That way we can cut out all the redundant plot lines and logical inconsistencies and run with what was really awesome about the show.

I won't miss emo John, and I don't need a TV set to be acquainted with crazy bitches, that's for sure.

That was different! Even though it wasn't all actiony ... I actually enjoyed that one a lot. Probably the most heart breaking scene was the one with the kid and the Liquid Terminator. Man that just breaks my heart every time I think about how horrific that kid's life must be. "Your lap is cold." Awwww. And I totally thought that Mom was going to morph into Dad just to comfort the little tyke. But that would be breaking cover.

The rest of the stuff was pretty interesting. I loved the lying assed hawt daughter. She was spunky in addition to being snackable.

The stuff with the wife of the hitman Sarah had to gunsmoke was really cool. Most of the time in these shows you just gunsmoke a punk who's trying to kill you and you move on. You never really think about that guy's wife and kids and the heartbreak they leave behind. I mean, you still have to kill the punk because he's trying to kill you. Duh. But this at leaat makes you stop and think, you know? So I loved that.

i keep missing the new episodes, i usually don't watch tv on friday nights so i keep forgetting. however i caught the episodes on hulu. i like this show, and i think overall it is very well put together. as far as this being the last season, i think that makes sense, theres only so far that they can go with this storyline, no matter what they do they are going to fail to stop sky-net.

Why did the Shirley Manson-bot destroy that factory? What was there?

here is my take. ms Weaver (shirley manson) destroyed the factory because there was a secrurity breach that was unreporter (sarah conner). meaning two things, one - there was an unknown person who found out about the factory (sarah) so they couldn't kill her to eliminate the problem. 2 - the breach went unreported to the parent company (ms. Weaver) and according to the recording found by John Henry the factory was supposed to shut down in the event of a breach but did not. therefor in the mind (processing unit) of ms weaver the factory had lost control making it necesary to destroy everythin associated with the project.

they question i have based on the recent episode is what the hell is going on in the final scenes?

the employee who faked his own death killed the investigator and then loaded up the machine that flew out of the swamp. this brings up many questions

- why did he load the machine?

- who is controlling the machine, is it self controlled or is the guy doing it?

- who is he working for if any one?

- who or what is killing the cows and why?

- why send a man to do a machine's job (sending a human investigator to track down the missing man)

Good take, Skiffy. I think that's exactly why she did it.

I do have to disagree that this show, or any show really, can "only go so far." I think any concept can go as far as the limits of the imagination of the writers. BSG and Dexter are two examples of what should be very limited concepts lasting for year after year while never losing their excellence. :drool:

Probably the most heart breaking scene was the one with the kid and the Liquid Terminator. Man that just breaks my heart every time I think about how horrific that kid's life must be. "Your lap is cold." Awwww. And I totally thought that Mom was going to morph into Dad just to comfort the little tyke. But that would be breaking cover.

Yeah, that was the best part of last night's episode. Their scenes are always so creepy and sad. I found the rest of the episode to be pretty dull up until the last 10 minutes. They really need to pick up the pace next week and more Cameron, please! There were a couple moments with her this time, but she seems to have faded into the background somewhat.

Man. Bad ****ing ASS! I kinda felt like the clinic stuff was the dream but I wasn't totally sold so this was awesome. Plus I love how totally Badass Incarnate Sarah is. She is one tough broad!

The only thing I didn't get was why the dude would let her out of the van halfway through the episode if it was all bull****? What was the point of that fakeout? Why take the chance of letting her out for some weak assed mindgame. That was weak on his part.

By the way, how VERY interesting that one of Sarah's deepest nightmares is that John is going to start hosing Cameron, huh? Look at how many times they flirted with each other, he said he preferred Cam's cooking over Sarah's, and she imagines that Cameron is walking around in that hawt assed outfit in front of John when she's not around. How interesting that Sarah apparently worries about this so much in her subconscious. LOL (and yet, when John gets a human girlfriend, Sarah hated that too. What in the blue holy **** does Sarah want John to do?!? The only thing left is swanging weiner, right? WTF?)

it think Sarah's insecurities with John and women is based on focus. Sarah is overwhelmed with protecting John's life from time traveling killing machines, she's always been more focussed than John, mostly because john's a kid. any slip in focus may be the moment john's gunned down, she's just being protective.

when it comes to Cameron i think there is a second aspect, that being she is a computer. Sarah has always hated computers with good reason, however john enjoys them is a relative expert with them. Sarah has always been reluctant and restrained with the "helper droids" while John seemingly bonds with them. i think John's relationship with the machines scares her. i think she feels that his acceptence of the machines makes him vulnerable.

Two more horror movie references for me this week. One was the whole dream clinic angle reminded me of A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 and the other was the hypodermic needle being shoved into the guy's eye was total Halloween II. The funny thing is this was way more graphic than in that film. Also, how ****ed up was it when Sarah bit into her own wrist like that! Geez, that looked painful. The episode itself was kind of confusing at first, but by the end it got really good.

i really love how the connor storyline has evolved with this series, i enjoy how they've explored the complexity of sarah connor and he relationship with her son, her crusade, and herself. it really is a shame that the series isn't doing well. i think if it were aired on fx rather than fox and placed in one of the 10pm prime drama slots it would take off

That episode was crazy.....as in I still don't know which bit was real or not.

I like Sarah, she can be annoying at times when she does the obviously wrong thing, but thats to be expected on a TV show.

On the other hand I hate Jesse. She's not hot, she's not funny, she's just a bitch. There just seems to be no reason to her except to give Reese an extra angle, which is always good (as the Alpine Fields, Fischer and Military School eps showed), but she is just one biatch of a character to put in there and seems to have little relevance right now.

Hopefully that may change in a few episodes time if the Riley thing starts to implode

Awesome episode tonight! Finally more Cameron. I felt bad for Riley. It's funny how at first she seemed to contribute nothing to the show. I'm impressed at how the writers turned that around and made her important to the storyline. Loved the fight between her and Jesse at the end and I was pretty surprised by what Jesse's real plan for her was.

That episode was crazy.....as in I still don't know which bit was real or not.

Really? I thought it was pretty clear that the van stuff was real and the mental ward **** was drug induced dreams.

At first I thought that the 'van dreams' were almost premonition like of what would be happening to Sarah and were linked into what was happening at the clinic, like her roommate burning alive as she did in her dreams. John would come as Sarah called him, which is what she did in the van.

I think I just got things messed about. I love episodes like that though.

Iceman, I was pretty schocked too, especially by the end of the fight, but not surprised at all considering the way that Jesse is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.