Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

I just realized something.

Think back to the Season One episode Dungeons and Dragons where we first saw Kyle Reese.

Derek was hassling Kyle over keeping a picture of Sarah Connor with him. Immediately after this, they're sent out on a patrol, and after the squad is attacked by an aerial HK, Kyle disappears. Derek never sees him again. We're meant to understand that this was when John sent Kyle back to 1984, and Derek was kept in the dark over it.

But in Terminator 1, we're shown a scene where Kyle and his squad just get in from a patrol, sometime before he's sent back in time, a future flashback if you will. A T-800 infiltrates the base he's in, and starts an attack. Kyle starts fighting back, but in the attack, the Terminator hits a gas line or something that explodes. Kyle drops Sarah's picture and a piece of flaming debris lands on it, burning it up, destroying the picture.

How is it that Kyle lost the photo to fire before he was sent back, but then had it on him again right before he's sent back in time? Continuity error on the writers' part?

This is the SCC episode I'm talking about:

This is the T1 scene I'm talking about:

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could have gotten separated, with Kyle just as likely believing Derek to be dead. That could still allow for the T1 flashback (flashforward?) scene without any contradiciton.

Admittedly, that might be a stretch.

Actually, now that I think of it: In the SCC episode, the orders to go out on patrol come from Perry. The squad goes up, and then gets seperated. In T1, Kyle tells Silberman that he served under Perry from 2021 to 2027, at which point John Connor took him under his wing to work diredctly for him up until 2029 when he was sent back in time.

Could be that if anything, the T1 scene takes place AFTER Kyle is transferred to Connor's command, and thinks Derek is just as much gone as the vice versa, especially since Derek was captured for some time. He'd have been assigned a new squad by that point, I would think.

Like Dexter said though-- timelines. T3 was a different timeline, dialog from Salvation implies a different timeline, and Jesse and Derek remember different futures. I think alterations to the timeline is part of the Terminator mythos now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I caught it.

Pros: Love seeing Enterprise Dude/ Wraith Michael in another show I like and love that he turned out to be evil.

Love that Riley played the "I'm just manipulating John" card to explain her suicide attempt when we all know it's straight boolsheet. But hey, at least it got her an hour of hawt hawt sex with Jesse. :drool: Personally, I'd have held out for two hours with her moist hawtness, but an hour works. :drool:

Love how badass Derek is. BLAM! Truck blows up. SNEAK SNEAK, BURN DOCUMENTS, SLIP AWAY. Awesome.

Love John being put in his place by Derek for his retarded choices.

Cons: Another ghost on another TV show? This is fast becoming a very tired cliche. I don't watch that many shows and I'm still seeing this gimmick twice a week on TV. WTF?

When Sarah escaped from the hospital by tricking the guard, I was thinking that is so Friday the 13th part 5's ending. I'm sure that's not where they got the idea from and probably no one knows what I'm talking about, but that was what was going through my mind. :lol:

Cool to see whatsherface go on a killing spree and the explosion with her walking out of the fire totally reminded me of T2. I also liked how they dressed Kyle in almost the exact clothes from the first movie. Were those Nike shoes he was wearing? It looked pretty close. He's actually a pretty good match for Michael Biehn, well voice wise. I really like the casting on this show.

But hey, at least it got her an hour of hawt hawt sex with Jesse. :drool: Personally, I'd have held out for two hours with her moist hawtness, but an hour works. :drool:

No! Don't say that! Jesse belongs to Derek and only Derek. She wouldn't flake on him with some chick, least of all Riley!

But hey, at least it got her an hour of hawt hawt sex with Jesse. :drool: Personally, I'd have held out for two hours with her moist hawtness, but an hour works. :drool:

No! Don't say that! Jesse belongs to Derek and only Derek. She wouldn't flake on him with some chick, least of all Riley!

Whoa. Are you saying there's something wrong with Jesse being bi? Dude! :no: If it makes you feel any better I get the idea that she just has sex with Riley to control her but that she actually has feelings for Derek.

Whoa. Are you saying there's something wrong with Jesse being bi? Dude! :no: If it makes you feel any better I get the idea that she just has sex with Riley to control her but that she actually has feelings for Derek.

No. So far there's no proof that she's bi, for one.

What I'm saying is I like Derek and Jesse as an item, and I wouldn't want that to be corrupted.

Cons: Another ghost on another TV show? This is fast becoming a very tired cliche. I don't watch that many shows and I'm still seeing this gimmick twice a week on TV. WTF?

Are you referring to Kyle? Sarah has long been driven by visions of Kyle keeping her on task; I don't think this is a new element for the Terminator series.

More to the point, what we are seeing of Kyle is not a ghost, but a hallucination manifested by Sarah's instability.

Season 2 isnt complete yet.

That would be why I can't buy it then!

Maybe they will do half seasons like Battlestar Galactica

Hopefully, I watched s2-e1 tonight and I can't watch another one where the dubbing is off by three seconds!

Oh and WTF is with the change of the opening? Sarah speaking over it was good, now this random man voice jus sounds stupid

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.