Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

Maybe cause Jesse filled her in when she recruited her? Duh?

No, I get that angle. But there's a big difference between someone TELLING you about this scary future and you seeing actual EVIDENCE with your own eyes. Personally, I think you only freak out like that if you've seen the **** for yourselves. But you guys could certainly be correct. At this point it's a matter of POV.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason for her to say what she did is if she came from the future, or was informed of what the future is. And I am going with the former on this one.

Way to nullify your argument...

No, I get that angle. But there's a big difference between someone TELLING you about this scary future and you seeing actual EVIDENCE with your own eyes. Personally, I think you only freak out like that if you've seen the **** for yourselves. But you guys could certainly be correct. At this point it's a matter of POV.

Well, by comparison:

The people that have only heard about it/been informed of it, so far up to this point, are the ones that have wigged out and acted crazy over it. Sarah, Silberman, Riley (in this case anyway)

The people that have actually been there and were then sent back, are usually cool and collected about the whole thing. They're more stable, so to speak, because they needed to be in order to survive. You don't see any of them freaking out ever. They've already lived through the ****, lost everything they knew, and adapted. The people still attached to what they have now in this world, they freak out.

You guys could definitely be right, but let me ask you this. Sarah has never been to the future, so the only reason she's all ranty and **** about "ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE ALREADY DEAD AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT! IT'S GOING TO FEEL PRETTY ****ING REAL TO YOU ON SUCH AND SUCH DATE!!" was because she saw a Terminator with her own eyes. So if Riley isn't from the future and hasn't (we can assume) seen a Terminator herself, why the breaky "YOU'RE ALL FOOLS WITH YOUR MYSPACE PAGES" rant against her foster family?

Didn't she see Cromartie in the jail shoot all those people up?

Patience, man! :lol: I didn't address that yet because I don't remember specifically what she saw and didn't see. Did she see evidence of a Terminator (rather than some random human pyscho) shooting? I don't think so. But I'm going to watch it again later tonight because I'm curious myself what she specifically saw and didn't see.

I rewatched the episode again and I'm still thinking that Riley is from the future. There is a scene in the store with Jesse where Riley says "There's a lot of mirrors in this world. Did you notice that?" To me it sounds like she's commenting on how different everything is from where they're from.

Holy ****! ANOTHER amazing episode! I fell for the whole dot thing myself so I guess I'm as whack as poor Sarah. :no: I totally fell for it hook line and sinker. Grrr.

The final reveal was awesome.

More later, I'm off to laugh at Heroes. :drool:

I still don't get the point of the dot thing. What was the big deal with all that?

Holy ****! ANOTHER amazing episode! I fell for the whole dot thing myself so I guess I'm as whack as poor Sarah. :no: I totally fell for it hook line and sinker. Grrr.

The final reveal was awesome.

More later, I'm off to laugh at Heroes. :drool:

I still don't get the point of the dot thing. What was the big deal with all that?

The point was that she was attaching meaning to something that was meaningless. In other words, she's getting paranoid and a little whacky, which throws into doubt everything she decides to do from this point on.

I rewatching this season again and I discovered a few cool things:

1) They foreshadowed Riley from the moment they introduced her (which was initiated by her, incidently). In her first episode she asked John if he ever thought about the future. :lol: In the second episode, she tells him to hurry up and meet her "because the world could end any moment." At the time, these comments play as winking humor a la Smallville but looking back they have another layer.

2) In the second episode this season, Cameron warns John that certain people won't like the fact that John risked his life by repairing her chip and reviving her. John replies by looking at Derek and Sarah and saying "They'll get over it." Cameron replies, "I'm not talking about them." That worked at the time as a chilling statement but now we know she was talking about people like whatshernamehawtass and Riley. Very nice foreshadowing!

You guys could definitely be right, but let me ask you this. Sarah has never been to the future, so the only reason she's all ranty and **** about "ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE ALREADY DEAD AND YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT! IT'S GOING TO FEEL PRETTY ****ING REAL TO YOU ON SUCH AND SUCH DATE!!" was because she saw a Terminator with her own eyes. So if Riley isn't from the future and hasn't (we can assume) seen a Terminator herself, why the breaky "YOU'RE ALL FOOLS WITH YOUR MYSPACE PAGES" rant against her foster family?

Okay, finally saw this episode all the way through again. Riley saw NOTHING beyond some random crazy guy shooting the place up. Nothing about that incident would make her believe in a robot hell future.

Oh, and speaking of Riley and Jesse (finally have her name ingrained in my head enough to remember it) is that I think Jesse is a little gay. She can't keep her hands off Riley when the two meet and I think the two are lovers.

Okay, finally saw this episode all the way through again. Riley saw NOTHING beyond some random crazy guy shooting the place up. Nothing about that incident would make her believe in a robot hell future.

Oh, and speaking of Riley and Jesse (finally have her name ingrained in my head enough to remember it) is that I think Jesse is a little gay. She can't keep her hands off Riley when the two meet and I think the two are lovers.

Yes-I was thinking the same.

Not bad for a bottle episode. Not bad at all. The Riley stuff was interesting, how she's trying to get him more involved with people his age. But she should have a better read of the people she was trying to get John involved with. Doesn't help John feel connected to the human race when the people at the party are douchebags.

Cameron is just so ****ing funny! Damn I love Terminator humor. All the humor on this show is a little overlooked but the Terminator humor is awesome. Oh, and I love that the replacement night watcher also went for the donut bribe. LMFAO! Although it'd make more sense if it was a PIE bribe.

Other than that, not a standout episode. Few bottle shows are. But entertaining enough.

I really liked this episode. The scenes between Cameron and the wheelchair guy were great. Some really funny stuff between them and that last scene was pretty sad. Whoever the actor was that played him did a great job. I wouldn't mind seeing him return for some more episodes.

And yep, Terminator humor is the best!

What is a bottle episode?

The episode was okay, but once again another stupid Terminator was sent back and killed. Riley is really annoying-but more framework was laid she was from the future which could be somewhat interesting.

The more I watch this the more I am starting to get the feeling this will get too convoluted and will begin to be too difficult to write themselves out of.

I fell asleep about half way through the episode, I was beat from work. Woke up in time to see the bare end of the episode with Cameron and the new library watch girl.

How did it end/lead up to the end? What happened with the Terminator from the 20s? What happened to the wheelchair guy?

They don't have the full synopsis up on TV com yet and I don't have time to summarize it myself, but I'll copy over their summary when they upload it. In the meantime, I discovered this tidbit:

The governor of California on the show on Dec. 31, 2010, is named Mark Wyman. In real life, the governor on that date will be Arnold Schwarzenegger (he leaves office in early January 2011), star of the first three Terminator films.

LMFAO! I totally didn't make that connection!

Not bad for a bottle episode. Not bad at all. The Riley stuff was interesting, how she's trying to get him more involved with people his age. But she should have a better read of the people she was trying to get John involved with. Doesn't help John feel connected to the human race when the people at the party are douchebags.

Honestly, i think that's her goal. I think Jesse is coming from the angle that John being in love with Cameron in the future has messed things up. Still unsure if he is in love with Cameron herself or Anne her human counterpart. But Riley is meant to distract him from Cameron, so I think Riley's actions are very calculated. She is trying to get at John's exposed nerves to manipulate him. They need him to be the detached, cold John Conner they know.

I really liked this episode. The scenes between Cameron and the wheelchair guy were great. Some really funny stuff between them and that last scene was pretty sad. Whoever the actor was that played him did a great job. I wouldn't mind seeing him return for some more episodes.

I'd love to know how that relationship started. What we're seeing here, that was missing from the original films, is that it's easy to find and kill somebody-- but obviously terminators are designed to mimic humans and blend in. Despite their social retardation, they are still designed to interact and manipulate people, and as well know from T2 and Cameron, they have the capacity to learn.

What is a bottle episode?

Ship-in-a-bottle. Self contained and can stand alone outside of an over-arching storyline.

I fell asleep about half way through the episode, I was beat from work. Woke up in time to see the bare end of the episode with Cameron and the new library watch girl.

How did it end/lead up to the end? What happened with the Terminator from the 20s? What happened to the wheelchair guy?

Turns out the 1920s Terminator arrival accidentally killed a guy that was going to erect a building where in 80 years that Terminator was to kill his target, the California Governor. The Terminator started a business and built it up in order to acquire the land, then have the building built. he then sealed himself in the wall to wait for 80 years to complete his mission.

They didn't get into why the governor was a target. Wheelchair guy and Cameron have an interesting friendship, and she tells him that he has cancer (which he thinks he has beaten). He goes off on her and tells her how a real friend behaves, so she learns a little social lesson. He vanished after their argument, and the replacement girl took his place.

I liked this episode, but it did make me think of something. Why are all the time trips to Sarah and John's lives? Why not send somebody back to kill Sarah's grandfather? At first I thought that the 1920s terminator was there to lay the foundation of Cyberdyne or the company that the T-1001 now runs. If you could go anywhere, seems like they could be doing a lot more in the past.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.