Terminator: TSCC / Season 2

Jango Fett

The framing device was gimmicky...

Yeah, I was not really all that impressed with the whole "Sarah's story", "John's story", etc. There didn't seem to be a real purpose for it... I think the goal was to make it seem like a Tarentino film in terms of editing style, but unlike what Quentin does it seemed like it was all form and no function in terms of telling the story.

But I still really like this show, and it keeps me tuning in every week.

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Derek's hypocrisy? (one of my many pet peeves are hypocrites) He bashes John for getting biz-ay with some tail ... and yet he's sneaking around getting biz-ay with his own shot of tail. A deserter no less, which should be anathema to him.

The cold opening was awesome, and I have to agree that I really love the Elison character. I think it's the actor. In another actor's hands this role would be tedious but this actor has so much charisma I could pretty much watch him reenacting scenes from Cloverfield and I'd STILL be riveted. :drool:

I liked this episode. Framing device was stupid because seeing the story from different viewpoints never added anything to the story.

Just an observation-but Sarah is the most one-dimensional character on the show yet it is supposed to be about her.

Another totally awesome episode! Always nice to see Warren from Buffy getting some work. Although he always seems to play a character who gets jacked the **** up. :lol: (cuz ... damn on those fingernails being pulled out scenes)

Anyone who's not watching this show with captions on is missing out. Every week I read dialogue that is not spoken aloud, but this episode was jam packed with it. There were at least a dozen lines I read on caption that weren't spoken aloud this week, including everything Fischer said to the machine audience during the torture scenes. From what I remember, Fischer was lecturing them on how to torture human beings, and at one point he said "only through torture can you really see what makes human beings tick." which was a nice callback to his whole watch motif. None of this missing dialogue is crucial, of course, or it'd still be in there. But I always find it interesting.

Fischer had me fooled all episode long, and I'm not a gullible softass. At first I thought Hawtness, whatever her name is, was mistaken. Later, I thought okay, he was the guy but he really was just back as a reward for services rendered. He was always a step ahead of me in this ep.

Speaking of fooled, I never dreamed for a second that Elison wasn't telling the truth. Never crossed my mind, because the dude's all religious and **** and he's noble and I just like the hell out of him. So I'm actually hurt that he lied to our faces and backstabbed the Conners like he did. Bastard. :(

The dreams are usually awesome on this show, but these were better than average. :drool:

And finally, the line about people who hate themselves being pretty much impervious to pain, actually eating pain like candy, was very profound and awesome and if I'm completely honest struck a little close to home. LMFAO! Just another example of how great the writing is on a weekly basis. :p

Great episode yes-- I'm REALLY glad that they are getting into the multiple timelines concept. Up until now it has been a fan excuse that plays off the fact the this series, Salvation and T3 don't seem to jive with each other. Now, the alternate time lines is canon-- and to boot, they set it up ina nice subtle way, not some flashy pyro slap to the face.

When this show allows itself to be subtle it's great.

They've got a great balance now of character development and drama, action, and sci-fi-ness that i'm really liking. My biggest fear was always that this show would turn into a terminator-of-the-week show, where each episode another machines shows up to kill them, and they have to have an action sequence. They've really spread it all out. I have to say, outside of the first Terminator film, this is my favorite incarnation of the franchise.

Great episode yes-- I'm REALLY glad that they are getting into the multiple timelines concept. Up until now it has been a fan excuse that plays off the fact the this series, Salvation and T3 don't seem to jive with each other. Now, the alternate time lines is canon-- and to boot, they set it up ina nice subtle way, not some flashy pyro slap to the face.

When this show allows itself to be subtle it's great.

Yeah, forgot to mention that revelation. That was actually pretty ****ing huge, and they just kinda sneaked it in past us. It's been my belief all along that this is what's going on, but you're right, it's nice to have it confirmed.

I agree. I loved that they acknowledged the timeline has been changed or can be changed and one person can have memories that are different from another. It does get kind of confusing, but that's what happens with time travel stories. I also really liked the stuff with Sarah and her nightmares and the exchange between Cameron and John about why Sarah turned over the turtle was great, which then leads to Cameron turning over Ellison after she throws him around his house. Loved that scene! :D

They're really on a roll with these last few episodes.

, Fischer was lecturing them on how to torture human beings, and at one point he said "only through torture can you really see what makes human beings tick." which was a nice callback to his whole watch motif. None of this missing dialogue is crucial, of course, or it'd still be in there. But I always find it interesting.

Didn't Cameron say that Terminators aren't programmed to be cruel?

I LOVED this episode but I am beginning to hate Sarah. I don't think it is the character--I just think the actress does a bad job.

I've been rewatching the first season on dvd lately and I have to say it's even better, because of the second season. I'm catching much more stuff that I missed the first time around. I think I remember the producer or somebody saying that they have a plan for the series and know where it's going, which seems to be true, because some of those earlier episodes are making much more sense to me now. Compare that to Heroes which seems to be making things up as they go along.

I'm another one who would love to see it get a third season, maybe if the movie is a huge hit it will help the series. Eh, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up. I've seen too many quality shows get cancelled. The one that still stings is Freaks and Geeks.

Yeah! Riley has just become interesting. She seemed like she was going to be just a nothing character, but wow! I'm not sure that Derek should have trusted Jesse enough to tell her about him being John's uncle. That just seemed like a bad idea. She's way too shady. Hot, but shady. Nice to see Sarah go off on somebody. Reminded me of the T2 Sarah the way she beat up that guy. Another good episode.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.