MAN BEHEADS VICTIM, THEN EATS FLESH

Pong Messiah

Yep.

but maybe not.

But I do know that it's better to be than not to be.

And the louder you are, the more you're heard.

And either way, life is its own reward.

Name me one thing we do an animal doesn't do.

That story just gave me an idea for a new novel. I love it when crazy people do crazy ****.

I'm sure the family and loved ones of the deceased are happy to know that you "love" it. You are one sick ****er.

No sicker than you supporting insurgents killing American soldiers in Iraq. :unimpressed: I guess most writers and artists who get influenced by chaos or horrible things happening in humanity are sick too right?

Name me one thing we do an animal doesn't do.

Fall in love.

Did you know that humans are the only mammals that kill their own?

Don't apes and lions do the same? Lions killing another male to take over.

...how insane was Abraham?

Assuming the story happened, very insane.

Exactly.

The reason we love The Joker in The Dark Knight, I believe, is because he's RIGHT: We are vicious creatures first who then, when the conditions are right, become nice, peaceful neighbors to one another.

...he's just wrong about life not being precious in and of itself (and even that's the same mistake religious folks make: that life's worthless without heaven or god or whatever).

Red 5, if you're trying to tell me Action! (my cat) doesn't love me, there's gonna be a fight.

Eat, screw, survive.

Nothing we do is geared toward any other end.

You gotta get off this "we're special and complex things" kick. Reality is reality.

All the higher thoughts in the world are simply ways to achieve those ends.

Oh, Basil......jeeze.

Again you miss the point..and you do contradict your own Tenets of the Basilverse. After all, You believe we should be beyond racism, because as you are fond of saying, there's only one race....or move beyond being offended or hurt by racist or sexist slurs. You also believe sharing is the better way (the polar opposite of primitive, individualized survival instinct or present day greed of the few controlling the majority of wealth) yet in order to live that way (or consider it possible) it requires an acknowledgement of man being of a higher thinking order where the effects of perosnal & group evolution moved us beyond the brutal, animalistic or tribal stages of past life...in most cases.

I argue that if all of that is true, then you must also realize that in the present, for some, murder is merely a vehicle for other goals no primitive man or culture could have fathomed and therefore was not carried out for the same, basic reasons of old.

Either we are evolved, but suffer with the scattered, bipedal aberrations among us--some acting off of higher motivations, others off of your primitive impulses...or in the end, we are pretty much playing mind games with lofty ideas of civilization, morality and responsibility, because we are--as you love to say--monkeys. Or the Edward Hyde species.

History and evolution should give you the easy choice.

:lol: Wow. Poor advertisers.

Justus,

I don't care if you're advanced enough to build a nuclear bomb, you're still just trying to make the world more like you (your ideas, whatever). Just like a dandelion.

And we build nuclear bombs for the same reasons we post ideas here: distribution. We're born, we distribute (our genes, memes, or both if you're lucky) and we die.

You seem to think that just cause we built McDonalds, that the whole shebang isn't based on Cholorphyl and Sunlight.

p.s. Sharing IS selfish. I want everyone to share because I want those who inheret my genes to exist in the least dangerous world possible. I'm no less selfish than anyone else; I'm just looking at a bigger picture than they.

No sicker than you supporting insurgents killing American soldiers in Iraq.

I never stated any such thing. You would do well to stick to what I in fact write rather than words other people put in my mouth.

Did you know that humans are the only mammals that kill their own?

Don't apes and lions do the same? Lions killing another male to take over.

I did a little bit of googling and discovered that my statement was based on old research:

In his classic work On Aggression, Nobel Laureate Konrad Lorenz argued that man is the only species that regularly kills its own kind... But Lorenz was wrong; since 1963, when his book was published, naturalists have identified dozens of species that kill their own, including lions, hippos, bears, wolves, hyenas, herring gulls and more than 15 types of primates other than man. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/...,912086,00.html

Another article pointed to Chimpanzees (which share 98% of DNA with humans) and stated this:

Chimpanzees and humans are the only other species that, out of 4000 other mammal species and 10 million other non-mammal species, have been observed to hunt and kill members of a rival group. http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/horizon/2004/demonicapeqa.shtml

Notice the distinction between "hunting and killing" vs. the first article which was speaking specifically of animals "killing their young" for survival. This Q&A explores a male dominance fight:

It is VERY, very rare that "any" animals, usually the males, die as a result of fighting over mates, territories, or dominance. The fighting that does go on is usually only a means of becoming more superior or dominant over the other opponent. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...05014325AAuQ1d9

So, humans are indeed the only mammals that kill with premeditation out of anger, revenge or political motivations.

Well there are stories of elephants killing hunters who killed their young.

But you orgionally said humans were the only ones who kill thier own species, that was proven wrong.

Your newest statement is alittle more correct, since most animals aren't at an intelectual level where they'd think of things other then survival.

Guest REVROSWELL
p.s. Sharing IS selfish. I want everyone to share because I want those who inheret my genes to exist in the least dangerous world possible. I'm no less selfish than anyone else; I'm just looking at a bigger picture than they.

I wouldn't care if my genes make it out of my penis or not. Thats not as important as being remembered well, like Gandhi, for example. Our genes can do bad things like mutating into a ted bundy or pol pot. I can control my destiny somewhat, but not my offspring's destiny.

; {>

Red 5:

So, humans are indeed the only mammals that kill with premeditation out of anger, revenge or political motivations.

Could it be that we're just smart enough to know that if you simply "dominate" a human, they're less likely to do the "Okay, you win. Fair enough" thing other animals do, and more likely to come back with their Gang of cousins and try, try again? You know, like a Dirty Mexican?

(I remember The Alamo!)

That our heightened propensity for excessive violence is nothing more than a slightly-longer view into the future?

I think so.

I think the ONLY "difference" between us and the other animals is a better brain for prediction (a result of a more-developed brain) mixed with our deeper sense of survival and desire to dominate (cause if there's more than one, someone's gotta be in charge).

Guest REVROSWELL
Red 5:

We are also the only animals that are capable of empathy and compassion. You don't see a male lion giving an few antelope carcasses to his starving neighbor, do you? So we are 'above' or have dominion over the animals in that respect.

But;

What do army ants do? Animals do kill out of anger, I would argue, as well as fear, and to product their territory and ownership of things, including their young.

; {>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.