MAN BEHEADS VICTIM, THEN EATS FLESH

Pong Messiah

We are also the only animals that are capable of empathy and compassion. You don't see a male lion giving an few antelope carcasses to his starving neighbor, do you? So we are 'above' or have dominion over the animals in that respect.

Not true. Lots of animals assist other less fortunate animals. Elephants will visit and assist sick members of an unrelated family. I saw a show on TV recently where one dog was basically a guide dog for another blind dog.

You seem to think that just cause we built McDonalds, that the whole shebang isn't based on Cholorphyl and Sunlight.

Assuming you exist during the height of human civilization, and were born natrually receptive to civilization's benefits (which shaped you)...if you believe in any form of evolution, then you should realize we are not completely driven by the needs of yesteryear. Human progress, will and conceptualization have beaten out or rewritten so much of what we were, that the differences in the essence of who we are, and who they were are like night and day. Red5 is correct in pointing out the why & how of how particular human acts forever separates ourselves from the animal kingdom--ape and/or primitive man--who (tellingly) did not really kill for any reason beyond the few, base triggers tied to lowbrow emotions and survival instincts. Modern man has the ability turn that off and on like a lamp and to reiterate, using murder for any number of reasons having nothing to do with said base triggers which, boils old instincts down to nothing more than choice--not a hard-wired condition of birth.

...and if it is a choice (historic examples, or that reference I made to personal and professional experience), then we are no longer so primitive...again, man thinks. He's aware..he's creates and has options.....reasons why that chapter in Tenets of the Basilverse...you know the one (Chapter 2: "Look, you f*cks--for the last time, we are just sh*t-tossing chimps, so do what your inner-ape f*cking wants you to do!") is incorrect.

But we can agree to disagree.

Guest The_return_of_thanos
You seem to think that just cause we built McDonalds, that the whole shebang isn't based on Cholorphyl and Sunlight.

Assuming you exist during the height of human civilization, and were born natrually receptive to civilization's benefits (which shaped you)...if you believe in any form of evolution, then you should realize we are not completely driven by the needs of yesteryear. Human progress, will and conceptualization have beaten out or rewritten so much of what we were, that the differences in the essence of who we are, and who they were are like night and day. Red5 is correct in pointing out the why & how of how particular human acts forever separates ourselves from the animal kingdom--ape and/or primitive man--who (tellingly) did not really kill for any reason beyond the few, base triggers tied to lowbrow emotions and survival instincts. Modern man has the ability turn that off and on like a lamp and to reiterate, using murder for any number of reasons having nothing to do with said base triggers which, boils old instincts down to nothing more than choice--not a hard-wired condition of birth.

The flip side to this is, if man is the only being that can turn on\off animalistic impulses at will, doesn't that mean that man is also the only being that can kill for mere pleasure? At least in developed countries like the US, hunting is now considered sport, rather than for survival. Also, humans that murder (first degree, premeditated) choose to murder, and sometimes as with the case of serial killers, the motive is pleasure-driven, and has nothing to do with survival\territory protection at all.

Furthermore, does this not make the case for evil? I am not talking about the "devil made me do it" type of evil, but evil that is defined by someone who fails to turn off their base triggers, when reasoning and social mores tells them a certain act is inappropriate, as in the case of premeditated, rational murder?

Put another way, if one buys into the notion of "if it feels good, do it," and to that person it feels good to murder, does that not make that person evil?

Guest REVROSWELL
We are also the only animals that are capable of empathy and compassion. You don't see a male lion giving an few antelope carcasses to his starving neighbor, do you? So we are 'above' or have dominion over the animals in that respect.

Not true. Lots of animals assist other less fortunate animals. Elephants will visit and assist sick members of an unrelated family. I saw a show on TV recently where one dog was basically a guide dog for another blind dog.

Maybe so. Who knows? I love my basset and while not a radicalized PETA Phreak I love all animals,. Aaaaah' yes, I love some animals more than (certain) people. Yeah, many of my best friends have fur.

; }>

• 7 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.