Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Final Crisis

183 replies to this topic

Mercury

Mercury

Pariah

• Members
  • 6,504 posts
I'll be the first to admit that Morrison's writing on this has been confusing, at times, but one good thing about it is that has actually made the readers use their brains. There is some truly brilliant stuff in Final Crisis.

As for this final issue...that last page sure did leave a big ol' grin on my face. :D

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,744 posts

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

I imagine that's all the editors had to say, too. Good thing they didn't try to do their jobs or anything.

I may flip through it a second time just because Doug Mahnke draws really neat pictures, but I'll probably skip the word balloons and wait for Wikipedia or whatever to provide a linear summary, one that doesn't skip 90% of the narrative like this issue did.

Jason Solo

Jason Solo

Gotta Get Down

• Members
  • 28,392 posts
Yeah I didn't get it, at all. I was following things alright for 6 issues, but I basically understood nothing that happened in the final issue. I can forgive needing to look up info/learn things on the fly in some cases I actually enjoy needing to brush up on history in some cases (like Infinite Crisis for example, I enjoyed having to learn/re-learn things with that crossover) but there wasn't a page of this issue that I could understand on my own. That's a little much for me.

Thomas Alan

Thomas Alan

Master Debator

• Banned Users
  • 25,965 posts

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

I imagine that's all the editors had to say, too. Good thing they didn't try to do their jobs or anything.

I may flip through it a second time just because Doug Mahnke draws really neat pictures, but I'll probably skip the word balloons and wait for Wikipedia or whatever to provide a linear summary, one that doesn't skip 90% of the narrative like this issue did.

Sadly, after it gets written, some ***hole will declare it not worthy of encyclopedic standards and delete h

Epimetheus00

Epimetheus00

YOU ARE NOT WORTHY

• Members
  • 470 posts
The lack of action in the last Final Crisis made me kind of sad but Final Crisis: Revelations was pretty cool and much more action.
Spoiler! --Click here to view--
Not only did Superman and all the Angels save the Universe but the Spectre did as well I didn't understand the commentary or when or where the heroes and villians had time to make the Supercomputer thingy but it was nice Supermans wish did include the resurrection of you know who and not something lame... he really did die!

Oh and what is the big deal about Renee Montoya; the Question she had a practically star role in both the main title of Final Crisis as well as Revelations. Whats up with that?

Edited by Epimetheus00, 30 January 2009 - 11:20 AM.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,744 posts
I assume DC has changed horses and decided the Question should be their affirmative-action token lesbian superheroine instead of the redundant and offputting Batwoman.

Revelations #5 was much more readable that FC #7, though the first two-thirds of it was like a barbiturate overdose, till the first faint glimmer of hope finally leaked in. I'd definitely like to see more of Phillip Tan's work in the future. :thumbsup:

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,048 posts
Montoya's been a favorite of the big shakers of the DCU probably all the way back to when Rucka & Brubaker joined up on the Bat-books and gave the cops a starring role. I actually think she's a fairly decent character and would love a Checkmate : Global Peace Agency book with her or whatever.

lovecraftian

lovecraftian

Uatu the Watcher's Intern

• Members
  • 1,511 posts

Montoya's been a favorite of the big shakers of the DCU probably all the way back to when Rucka & Brubaker joined up on the Bat-books and gave the cops a starring role. I actually think she's a fairly decent character and would love a Checkmate : Global Peace Agency book with her or whatever.

I was actually drooling at the thought of a Grant Morrison-written, Dough Mahnke-drawn Frankenstein and the Agents of SHADE ongoing starring Frankenstein and The Question. :drool:

R.CAllen

R.CAllen

walking

• 4,048 posts
It's kind of sad [1] that earlier efforts to get other creative teams to handle Morrison concepts (I'm thinking of the Ryan Choi Atom and the Freedom Fighters and some other stuff I must be forgetting) have failed. If you put aside all its flaws there's enough in Final Crisis to fill half-a-dozen different titles.

[1] Okay. A poor choice of words.

Reply to this topic