Yeah, baby: Kool-aid with Caffeine!

Lace Mindu

I just discovered Wyler's is now making individual-serving packets of "kool-aid" type sugar-free drink mix in various flavors (lemonade, fruit punch) -- in an "Energy!" form that has caffeine. The packets are the perfect size to add to a 20-oz glass or bottle of water.

About time!!

I've been trying to drink more water and less diet soda, but that water stuff is tasteless and lacks the caffeinated punch I need throughout the workday. Coffee has the punch, but I can't drink too much of it in the afternoon, plus it dehydrates, not rehydrates.

So FINALLY somebody has it figured out. Hurray for caffeine!

And hurray for powdered caffeine. Hmmm...think of the possibilities! :D

That also means a non-coffee caffeinated beverage that's not fizzy! Oh, hells yeah!

I love coffee, but I can only drink one a day without stomach issues, and I hate how anything else w/ caffeine is usually carbonated. This may be the perfect thing for days I have class...

Sugar packets, yes. But this is sugar free caffeinated kool-aid. :thumbsup:

And I bet it mixes up just fine with vodka in the summer. The question is, do you add water, or not? ;):D

And Ryn, I like Water Joe...but then you have to buy expensive plastic bottles for a buck-something apiece and lug them around and feel guilty if you don't recycle them. I found this Wylers stuff for like, 6 or 8 packets for a buck. And then I get to decide if I feel like splurging on death-water in a plastic bottle, or without (I'm still not convinced bottled water is any better for you).

Sugar packets, yes. But this is sugar free caffeinated kool-aid. :thumbsup:

And I bet it mixes up just fine with vodka in the summer. The question is, do you add water, or not? ;):D

I can tell you from experience that you do. :D

Vodka and Kool Aid (even the sugar free kind I'm partial to) is actually a decent cheap drink. You can make it mad strong and it doesn't taste bad.

Just another way for people to get fatter in America!

It's sugar-free. At most, it may be about 5 calories per packet. That means a person would have to drink about 500 packets a day to gain weight on it. Since it's caffeinated, their heart would probably explode before this happened. So, um, no, it's not another way for anyone, American or not, to get fatter.

Yep -- 5 calories. Less than 17 cents a serving where I bought it, too. PLUS caffeine AND "B vitamins".

I will reserve comment on the health value of whatever is in there providing the sweetening power, though.

Yes, I should avoid all the chemicals and drink only distilled water. But I NEED my DRUGS and I like them to taste good! :thumbsup:

This proves once again that americans will cram caffeine into anything.

Who, us? :D

Shower-Shock: Soap with Caffeine!

Primer: Breath Spray with Caffeine!

SpazzStick: Lip Balm with Caffeine!

SumSeeds: Sunflower Seeds with Caffeine!

JavaPops ("Wake up sucker"): -- Suckers with Caffeine!

Diablo: Quick-dissolve Strips with Caffeine!

And I won't even get into the multiple brands of mints, gum, chocolate, energy bars, and candy - find yours at www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine

...PS: they also carry Despair, Inc.'s "Bittersweets": depressing and cruel candy hearts for all of those who hate love. Check out http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/candy/a03c/.

Shower-Shock: Soap with Caffeine!

Wait. Am I supposed to eat the soap, or has some mad genius found a way to allow humans to absorb it through the skin? ("Shower-Shock! Apply directly to the forehead! Shower-Shock! Apply directly to the forehead!")

If that's the case, then it's only a matter of time until someone invents the CaffeDerm caffeine patch, and we can do away with all those inefficient liquid-based caffeine delivery systems.

I await the future much more eagerly now. I'll gladly trade flying cars for this.

Stay away from those power drinks/energy drinks. They are horrible for you in some many ways.

If you want more energy then do it the simple way and that is eat more fresh foods, exercise and get a good nights sleep.

Put yourself on a schedule and stick with it and trust me when your head hits the pillow at night you will go to sleep and stay asleep and wake up the next day full of energy.

Feeding your body sugar is a one way ticket to diabetes, and then you are really up **** creek. Either change your lifestyle now or your body will force you do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
Guest Kthulu_smash

You are probably a communist if you think everything you dont like on the face of the earth, is because of America. (to all the people talking crap about America for formulating it.)

• 1 month later...

16 years of posts and THIS is what gets upped on my return after ages away??

lol.

Well then, if we're going to talk about it, let's just clarify the rules of 'Merica. The ones that don't have fine print crap about "constitutional rights" and "civic responsibilities".

THe REAL Rules of Being an American:

1. We pledge allegiance to the diet of the republic, under Go...McDonalds, and to the foundational substances to which we are addicted: Salt, Sugar, Fat and Caffeine. We are one nation, on a binge, liberally pursuing our happiness - so don't be dissing our comfort food. Amen. Oh, also, anyone caught dissing bacon or donuts will be shot. That is all.

2. Our motto is big is beautiful, therefore enormous is awesome. Size makes the economy go 'round (just like the waistline!). So we reserve the right to supersize anything we want: drinks, cheeseburgers, movie popcorn, shopping malls, sports utility vehicles, ridiculous puffy down clothing, swimsuit models, Great Lakes, and random body parts (currently lips). Also, skyscrapers, highway systems, McMansions, and military interventions, plus gun ownership and murder rates, and the volume of our voices. And don't forget roadside attractions, such as balls of string, corn palaces, jackalopes, lobsters, fake potatoes, cowboy boots and "duck rides". (Don't ask. See Wikipedia for "largest roadside attractions" as needed.)

3. Small is for purse-sized puppies, infant clothing, and (bizarrely) miniature farm animals. But that's where we draw the line.

4. There is no rule number 4.

5. When in doubt, sue.

I think that covers it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.