Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

Similar to what we do as far as the categories, but instead of going head to head each week, it's a season long race to the finish.

Wiki explanation:

Rotisserie (ROTO)

In rotisserie scoring, the real-life statistics accumulated by the players on a team are aggregated and ranked against the same statistics for the other teams in the league. Fantasy points are earned based on these rankings. For example, in a twelve-team league, the team with the highest number of rebounds over the course of the season to date would be awarded twelve fantasy points. The team with the next highest number of rebounds would be awarded eleven fantasy points, and so on, with the team with the fewest number of rebounds being awarded a single fantasy point. For negative categories like fouls or turnovers, the team with the fewest statistics are awarded the most fantasy points. This is done for all categories counted by the particular league. The team with the highest number of fantasy points at the end of the season is the winner.

Rotisserie scoring encourages balance on the team's roster. Winning the rebounds category by one rebound or by one thousand rebounds counts the same, while winning the steals category by one steal and the assists category by one assist is worth twice as many points as winning the single rebounding category by one thousand rebounds. Successful teams must fare well in several categories to win in rotisserie leagues.

There's also the added benefit of the best/most consistent/most well-rounded team actually being the champion (hidden benefit: That's been me 4 of 5 years, I think :D ), which I like in the basketball, but less so in FF. The best team pretty much always wins in the NBA, way less true in the NFL.

KEEPER DEADLINE TODAY: 5:00 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME

DRAFT OFFICIALLY BEGINS FRIDAY 5:00 PM EST

However, I will be unlocking the draft thread today. Ash, you're not officially on the clock until tomorrow, but you may get the ball rolling sooner if you so choose. Any time after the keeper deadline works for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.