Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

Soooooo......is there a trophy for winning this league or do I just get to call all of you my bitches for life when I hold both titles at once?

Silly boy. Did you really think you had a chance? This week was merely a formality to my inevitable championship.

• 5 months later...

I might be willing to do it, Brad.

Also, Lucas and I were just discussing the idea of changing format for the league, from H2H to Roto. The more I think about it, the more I like it. As Lucas points out, we often have problems due to some owners not staying on top of things. This would make it so that individual teams aren't randomly impacted by this.

Even if we keep the same H2H format, I think we need to set a max games played per week and/or drastically lower the number of acquisitions per week.

Well, then I certainly hope you don't plan on making him a keeper. As far as I'm aware, free agents are locked until the draft. Hell, if that wasn't the case, whenever a big time rookie comes around, somebody could just snatch him up before he ever enters the draft. Not to mention, most teams weren't even aware that ESPN was up and running when you did it.

I don't get the acquisition limit. Seems that it's a penalty against teams that actually pay attention. Makes zero sense to me and promotes apathy. Streaming players is not cheating. In fact it's a perfectly viable strategy in fantasy sports. If picking up and dropping players is such a negative, why bother doing anything other than a draft? Seems the only argument for these arbitrary limits is "I don't have the time to do it," which in my opinion is no argument at all. Bottom line, if counting stats are scoring categories, then streaming is absolutely fine.

If the league does go roto, it'd be a better idea to do GP as a limit rather than roster moves.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.