Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My hope to be healthy by playoff time doesn't quite seem to be working. Or rather, it's working in reverse. I'm now without my top three players, my front court has been banged up, and I felt certain of getting rid of the slumping MCW largely due to the stellar play of Kyle Lowry...who has now been firmly entrenched in his own slump for over a month. My confidence in this team has been on a roller coaster that started even before the draft.

I have to say, right now I'm feelin' like I'm gonna hurl.

Yeah, two big losses, to be sure. Still, that bye might give you a chance to get Durant back.

Last night on the Nightmares bench, Khris Middleton goes 12 for 17. Plug him in tonight, down by just a scosche in FG%, and he gives me a 6 for 21 performance.

Timing, as they say, is everything. Or, in this case, less than nothing. *sigh*

The Motown Macks have their original owner back at the helm, but can he steer them out of the basement? Will the return of Derrick Rose see the Highlight Reel's stock soar? Will the Nightmares survive the loss of Paul George? Last year, Team Carr set a new standard, winning their record third championship. Can they be stopped?

The last four seasons have all seen the title change hands. Will this make five?

Well, we still don't have all of the answers, but we have a few. The Nightmares may not make it out of the first round of the playoffs, but I did get there (as the 4th seed and actually a half game better record than last year), so I guess I "survived". The Highlight Reel's stock didn't exactly soar, but then again Derrick Rose didn't exactly return, either.

Let's give it up for JZA, though. Being a .500 team doesn't necessarily scream "success" - unless you factor in a playoff berth and an increase in your win total of 31 games over last year! Nice job, Jeff. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.