Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

Didn't read totally through the thread, but if you need another team next year or need someone to fill in for a deadbeat owner, no one loves fantasy basketball like me.

sounds good, there are a few who have interest in joining the league, so come the offseason i will send out a few PMs and gauge everyone's thoughts and go from there! but till then feel free to keep up with everything that is happening in the league!

some interesting action that has been going on! if the playoffs started today then the Bird Division would have 4 teams participating! thats some serious strength & also some seriously tough matchups!! especially with only 7 weeks to go before the playoffs begin too!

Bird Division: The Nightmares & the Motown Macks have been neck & neck all season for not only the division lead but the league's best record! Not to be outdone, fantasy basketball rookies Team Carr is quite strong while the Yosemite Sams are holding quite strongly on to that last playoff spot while maintaining their record above .500! The Kemah Schemers & the Milwaukee Beers both have the chance to make up some ground and could still push for the final playoff spot!

Jordan Division: Is being absolutely dominated by the Rollers & Ballers! daylight is third at this stage as those two teams are the only two above .500 in the division and would be the only two to qualify for the playoffs if they started today! The Micks have a chance to challenge for that last position as does Team Goad but wins are what they need while hoping some results go their way as well! while we are still waiting for actually sightings from Team Akil & Texas Slamma Jamma as they seem to be the teams that seem to be positioning themselves for the most number of ping pong balls for the NBF 2009 Draft (yea something we need to discuss early in the offseason i think as from memory i dont think draft order was discussed!)

So 7 weeks to go which means there are a potential 63 wins still available for every team! which means that all playoff positions are still to be determined! so make sure you leave nothing out on the table and give it your all!

Deadline Deal or No Deal?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/Gggncar/NBF_logo.png

Indianapolis/Chicago- AP- Team Carr President and CEO and CFO Garrison Carr actively pursued trades with many teams in the Nightly Basketball Federation for the better part of the past week. The name that most often came up was that of Nate Robinson, recently coronated Sprite Slam Dunk king. Team officials repeatedly shopped Robinson, one of their many point guards, in order to make an upgrade at another position. It is believed that his duality as both a Shooting Guard and a Point Guard led to many teams coveting his presence on their rosters.

Rumors were abound the Carr locker room that anyone, even Team Carr's best player, was on the market. This speculation stemmed from a conversation thought to have been overheard between Mr. Carr and fellow NBF owner Rock Ledoux regarding Kobe Bryant. Rock has since vehemently denied any such allegations. Team Carr was able to overcome an early week deficit and locker room turmoil by coming back to throttle the Kemah Schemers 8-1. This week matches two of the best teams in the NBF against each other in The Nightmares and Team Carr.

Owners Lohr and Carr have a divisive history that dates back to December of 2007 when The Nightmares bested Team Carr in the NFF's Uber Bowl. It should be noted however that Team Carr extracted at least a slight amount of revenge when they bested The Nightmares in the Semi-finals of this year's NFF playoffs. The Nightmares currently have the best record in the NBF but that could be brought into contention with a good showing from Team Carr this week. Carr will have to finish the matchup without it's best player however, Pacers star forward Danny Granger. It was announced on Thursday that Granger could miss anywhere from 10-20 days with a right foot injury.

After Carr found out the news late last night, a kneejerk reaction was made to pursue yet another trade because Granger is the only pure SF Team Carr has on its roster. Several names were thrown around but ultimately it was decided that Carr wanted to keep the core group of players that has worked so well together thus far and they would simply have to persevere through the Granger injury. Andrei Kirilenko was activated from the injured reserve list and recently surging Antonio McDyess was signed to a deal which the terms and length have not yet been disclosed. McDyess was added to provide depth in the Power Forward position. To make room for McDyess Team Carr released backup Center Samuel Dalembert who had been providing some relief in the category of rebounding. In a statement released to the media early this morning team owner Garrison Carr said:

"In the end, we just didn't feel like we could make a move that could really benefit us down the stretch without potentially crippling us in other categories. This team is good enough that no categories can really be considered a wash and have a chance to win each of them week in and week out. We're really pleased to still have Nate on our team and I think he will be a key contributor down the stretch for any of the same reasons many teams were pursuing him. I'd also like to thank anyone with whom I carried on a dialogue regarding trades with, sorry we couldn't get something done which was mutually beneficial. We'll work through Danny's injury, its a real shame but great teams can overcome things like injuries. We have a chance to become a great team in the next few weeks. Our number one goal remains to bring the Larry O'Brien trophy to the Great Lakes Region."

In an unrelated statement released later today Team Carr announced the hiring of The Great White Hope and Hick from French Lick, Larry Bird as the new Director of Basketball Operations.

Lohr! are thinking you got lucky that I was selfish and wanted to keep Amare? MAN. At least I picked up Bonner to help fill that slot. What the heck happened?
As a Suns fan, all I can say is... ****! :angry::cry::angry:

However, as the owner of the Nightmares, I need to point out that I made a very fair offer for Mr. Stoudemire and you refused. Now he is gone. I also made a similarly fair offer, also refused, to Rock for one Al Jefferson. He too is now gone.

You have all been warned... :rock:

I'm not sour graping, but the next trade offer you send I'm definitely thinking twice about. Look out Manu Ginoboli owners!

And I'll be damned if Amare was really going to have a great last half of the season thanks to recent coaching changes. My brothers been to a couple of games and he's really pained by the Sun's chances of making the playoffs now.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.