Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

Texascat has had enough time to set his lineups, but little else online lately. That should change, and when it does I know he wants to get more involved with the forums in general. He got off on the wrong foot, but I see no reason why that can't be turned around when he has time to post again.

They always say the big leap happens in month 22. :rolleyes:

UKLK, you're going to drive yourself nuts if you're always trying to "chop and change" your team to try and fill empty slots. We all have to deal with both injuries and the uneven NBA schedule. Sometimes, you just need to ride it out. Honestly, part of the reason you are so close in our game is that you had a couple of days this week with more guys playing. Yes, I have more today and may pull ahead - but tomorrow you'll have twice as many and have a chance to catch up. In the long run, it generally evens out (though I agree, it can really suck in the short run, sometimes).

Just be careful not to get carried away. This latest move was actually a good one (Varejao is certainly better and more reliable than Shannon Brown), but if you get too worried about putting bodies out on the floor, you might end up making roster moves you later regret.

Alright, enough of this friendly advice for the rookie - now back to kicking your ass!!! :devil:

Yeah thats what I mean, with a few uneven days and injuries cropping up it feels as if I should be chaning people in and out but thats definitely not a good idea.

Brown was having a few off days and coming off the bench for the Lakers isn't really going to give me consistent production. With Biedrens not playing today and Bynum still only getting a few minutes every now and again I needed another C to bring in the rebounds.

I'm doing alright and I'm quite content with it right now. I just love to win :p

Can't be too long before diddly f*ck head shows up now.

Go ahead, Texaspussy, come on out and talk ****.

Next year, it's all Nightly posters or I'm out. If he wants to become a Nightly poster then great, otherwise he can get the hell out of the Nightly league. And honestly, if it were up to me, I wouldn't even give him until the end of the year. Being that he's been registered for coming on two friggin years now.

Can't be too long before diddly f*ck head shows up now.

Go ahead, Texaspussy, come on out and talk ****.

Next year, it's all Nightly posters or I'm out. If he wants to become a Nightly poster then great, otherwise he can get the hell out of the Nightly league. And honestly, if it were up to me, I wouldn't even give him until the end of the year. Being that he's been registered for coming on two friggin years now.

+1

everyone has popped in at some point bar him and i know ex keeps saying he'll be here soon & what not

I know you all thought I was being all pissy the year before last when I refused to do the yahoo basketball because non-Nightly people were invited. But this IS a community and these games we do are for our community members. Hell, there is no money involved and more than half of us do it JUST to talk smack to each other on the board. UKLK doesn't know sh*t about basketball and he's been the most excited, best contributor this season and I'm soooo glad he decided to join. It's the one thing the NBF lacked and now I find myself checking my rosters daily this season.

I know you all thought I was being all pissy the year before last when I refused to do the yahoo basketball because non-Nightly people were invited. But this IS a community and these games we do are for our community members. Hell, there is no money involved and more than half of us do it JUST to talk smack to each other on the board. UKLK doesn't know sh*t about basketball and he's been the most excited, best contributor this season and I'm soooo glad he decided to join. It's the one thing the NBF lacked and now I find myself checking my rosters daily this season.

+1

Next year, it's all Nightly posters or I'm out.

See ya!!! :wave:

Ok, just kidding. Well, mostly. (Honestly, I'm not a fan of "it's him or me" statements.) Still, I agree with the general opinion here. These are Nightly leagues and if someone's not really interested in being part of Nightly, then they can find plenty of other leagues online to join.

I know you all thought I was being all pissy the year before last when I refused to do the yahoo basketball because non-Nightly people were invited. But this IS a community and these games we do are for our community members.

We did it for contrast in Yahoo basketball at the time to have as deep of a league as possible versus the keeper league and and its ten teams. It was just going to be a one-time thing to shake it up and make it a little bit different.

As for the rest of these recent posts, I'd just as soon see Texascat step out when the season is done if it will put an end to all of the incessant bitching and moaning. He only joined the basketball keeper league because a new owner was needed, and was only asked because he had just registered at Nightly after years of lurking unregistered and reading. It was only done to help the league and keep things going smoothly. Going forward, he made a few goofy posts along the way - and I contend that a blind eye would have been turned to said posts had they been made by a more tenured member of the community, but that's just my opinion.

I may not completely agree with that position taken by you guys, but I'll make it clear that I understand. So lets not get off track and jump on me for my opinion, because that's not the issue. I get where you guys are coming from, I just don't completely agree.

So there's that issue, and as a result he backs off and doesn't post. The original point was so that things would cool down. After a certain point, I think that should have been the end of it. So then he's ready to post again when he's not busy at work, but everytime he drops in he sees posts like the one Lucas made yesterday with a few likes added to it - so he chooses not to say anything at all because the tone implies that everything is taken so personal and nobody ever lets it go. Nobody should be surprised that he never posts.

That said...if everyone wants to vote him out, just do it then. I want all of this hostility gone from this forum. It's completely unnecessary and it takes the fun out of doing any of this.

My thoughts have been WELL documented. Ive been on record many a time saying that I want the guy to post. That would change everything. The only thing I take personally is some jackass coming in here once every couple of months and act like hes part of the community, because at this point he is not. I dont care if you say hes going,to post soon, I want to see it with my own eyes.

Sometimes life throws a lot at us and we're just too busy to post. I talk to Austin periodically on Xbox Live and despite having a busy enough schedule to not post a lot, I know he loves being involved in these leagues too. Once we get personal pleasantries out of the way and each ask how the other is doing, Nightly fantasy leagues are always first on the docket of discussion matter.

I know I've said this before and it just didn't quite get over, but I suggest a clean slate. If need be, we'll go from there. I think this is very doable.

Garrison, you do have to admit, though you complain about him not being a part of things, you simultaneously are not very inviting for him to do so. That being said, the only times he has shown up in the past is talk a bunch of crap. That's very true and it's not only Lucas that finds that a bit annoying. To me, being "a part of Nightly" isn't just posting trash talk. The trash talk that people engage in in these leagues is fun for them because of the already-existing relationships formed from being a part of the community. So, if there's a difference between him and some of the others that similarly don't post at much at NN, it's that they did post at one time, but may not have as much chance at the moment. They were a part of NN already when they joined the league(s).

Ex is right, he did help us out and a clean slate is probably warranted for that reason. So, I say, let's be a bit friendlier (or like Momma said, say nothing at all) and give him the rest of the season to actually become involved in Nightly, not just the fantasy league. Like Irish, I don't have anything against him personally, but like Lucas, I got tired of the old act. I'd love to see him come in here with a new one, though, and prove Ex right. :)

I don't care either way, but if we boot the guy for lack of posting, then we seriously need to consider booting Austin and sDv2.0 from the NFF for the same reason.

They are both active in other forums, though. And while they have periods of inactiveness, they have been with us for YEARS with plenty of activity and posting to their credit in lots of the forums. They didn't join Nightly JUST to do fantasy games and not particpate in the community. I think that's the point we're making. :shrug:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.