Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

Jeez your guys match up is really up in the air. At this point FT%, assists, steals, and points are all still up for grabs.

I hope I can hold on against Mr. Elite Rookie. He's got some big days coming up with a full or near full roster. I've got a motley crew going tonight but hopefully I can get a little more ground out of it to prep us for the stretch run. Go Team Carr.

Hmmmm...I detect streaming on Team Carr's team. WTF?????? He doesnt make hardly any transactions for a few months, and now he picks up 1 guy and drops that same guy the following day. That is just plain BS (Jarret Jack, Eric Gordon, probably Chris Anderson next)

I was under the impression that streaming is not allowed. What do you guys think of it? I know he was feeling major pressure from the Elite Rookie. Any real fantasy player knows that streaming is BS.

Congrats on your Streaming win Lucas. I will not be able to catch you. You had near full rosters by doing that for 3 nights. Poor poor childish strategy.

Shut up and play the game. I don't feel any pressure from your team, as I've illustrated multiple times my team was statistically dominant to yours this season.

We have transaction limits for a week, maybe it shouldn't be that high, maybe if you participated a little more this season you could have brought something up.

Is it a somewhat cheap strategy? You could make the argument. Is it completely within the rules? Yep. And guess what, I'll probably swap Chris Andersen with someone else later. An injury suffered to one of my 'everymen' necessitated for others to pick up the slack. And that's what Eric, Jarret, and Chris have done for Team Carr. You're hardly out of the match up anyway, quit whining and play.

All you do is come in here once a month during the season to talk trash, do some work to back it up.

Whatever bud. Then why do those transactions on a daily basis. You feel lots of pressure from the top team so you do that childish move. Does your diaper need changing? Just ask the rest of the league and see what they say. I know its within the rules, but it seems to happen in every sport. Oh I have no doubt Chris Anderson will be dropped tomorrow. Take that to the bank. Injuries are part of the game, so thats where your managerial skills come into play. Any 4 year old can drop a guy, add him, drop him later, and add another. But I must say that is a vewell thought out strategy.

Congrats on the win again. You really really deserve it.

Texascat--the heel of the league ^-. .-^

Well if its any consolation to you I can't reuse any of the people I've added already this week thanks to the waiver system. Sorry you think one game apiece from Eric Gordon, Chris Andersen, and the immortal Jarret Jack are going to tank your season. I am using my managerial skills to the best of their ability; to replace production I normally would have gotten out of Kirilenko. So you can kiss my ring, Texascat.

Texascat--the heel of the league ^-. .-^

Finally, starting to address yourself properly. It only took a full season but now we're getting somewhere!

Your season isn't over yet, so buck up, put on your big boy pants and try to salvage the 7-2 smackdown currently being laid down on you. Like I've said, its still in the realm of possibility for you to win.

Good for you. Whatever makes you happy. I know the add/drop player pool out there contains about 80 guys. So lets see which one of those you will pick up for Andersen's spot.

Managerial skills? Puhhhh--leeeeeze. Monta Ellis is out all this week. I wont rush out and do the waiver wire thing. I dont need to explain those skills, which you clearly lack, to you.

LOL Im the heel of the league and proud of it I guess. At least I dont have to make a deadline move of Duncan, who we all know was a BS trade.

But anyway I had a successful and fun year. I will be turning my attention to baseball.

Will somebody please call the wambulance?

Yes, beating you will make me very happy. Maybe it will teach you a lesson about coming in once a month solely to talk trash. Because honestly, that's all this is about.

And hey, you not replacing Ellis is the risk YOU'RE taking, don't try and blame me. I wasn't going to sit and wait for Kirilenko to get healthy again, so I sought similar production elsewhere.

How was Duncan a BS trade? Really I'd like to know. It turned out to be a fairly even trade, which admittedly I wasn't sure if it was going to end up that way. At the time Garnett was coming off an injury and I wanted to get a player I knew I could count on for the stretch run.

I won't wish you luck in baseball just yet because I'm not positive I'll win; unless of course you really are going to fold like a chair.

You get a max of 7 a week, last year it was unlimited so having only 7 limits it

Lucas and myself both did it last season in the final, only time it happened from memory, injuries and players sitting is an issue at this time of year but having only 7 add/drops per match helps while not allowing a team to go nuts with as many add/drops as possible. It's been like that in every match up this season.

Some will see it as outside the spirit but it is entirely within the rules and guidelines.

Hmmmm...I detect streaming on Team Carr's team. WTF?????? He doesnt make hardly any transactions for a few months, and now he picks up 1 guy and drops that same guy the following day. That is just plain BS (Jarret Jack, Eric Gordon, probably Chris Anderson next)

I was under the impression that streaming is not allowed. What do you guys think of it? I know he was feeling major pressure from the Elite Rookie. Any real fantasy player knows that streaming is BS.

Congrats on your Streaming win Lucas. I will not be able to catch you. You had near full rosters by doing that for 3 nights. Poor poor childish strategy.

Texascat... you're being a turd here, mate. Especially the 'diaper changing' bullsh*t you're spewing. You accused him of cheating, then personally flamed him when he tried to 'defend' himself, which wasn't even necessary. There's a much better way to express your concerns than the above behavior. This isn't some random yahoo league; this is a COMMUNITY LEAGUE, made up of Nightly members that converse with each other away from this league.... which is why I had a hissy fit a few yeas ago when people wanted to bring outsiders in JUST to play in our leagues. But anyway...

Lucas violated NO rule and plays by the same rules, regs and limitations that the rest of us. You could have easily filled each roster spot on a daily basis as well but you chose not to. The strategy is VERY risk/reward as 1) you lose players, which has the potential of someone taking them 2) that you have to do these swaps on a daily basis or you could screw yourself up big time.

If you don't want to do it, that's fine. If you don't agree with it, bring it up in the off season and the league can vote on ANY proposal you bring up, whether it be limiting roster movements or changing the leather grade of the basketball :)

Okay whatever. There will always be another sport to try to dominate in!

I enjoy competing in all sports with all of the nightly guys. I dont feel like I am an outsider, but hey its cool.

If you cheer me or hate me, all I want is a reaction. LOL I like to get under people's skin all in good fun.

Texascat----the heel of the league ^-. .-^

We've agreed in the past that stacking transactions, especially in the playoffs, is a bit bleh. If I recall, this was an issue in one of our past baseball leagues with pitchers. We talked it over, then we did something about it. Or at least I think we did. If not, then we should have.

I say we address it in the offseason. By this, I mean we cap transaction a lot lower...or we completely do away with them during playoffs unless certain circumstances apply - by which, I mean ONLY if there's an IR situation or possibly a DTD designation. Too late now to do anything here, but I think it needs addressing before next season.

well it is something we will look at and discuss

but at this stage of the game, it has been available to everyone and so it is definitely within anyone and everyone's rights to make use of this season

and to be honest looking at the guys that have been picked up, i dont think it has made much of a difference in said match up

but what do i know my team sucked this year

I don't understand what the difference is between getting one game apiece from waiver wire pickups and getting 3 or 4 games from one guy who had been producing really well as of late until he got injured. Like Brad said, I doubt that the pickups will have made too much a difference when its all said and done, but I'm not going to cheat myself out of opportunities to have games played.

Texascat is just butthurt because his team his 3 more days away from choking his match-up away.

I was the reason we changed the baseball rules as I needed starting pitching on championship week.

This is a different situation I blelieve because the league changed to a limit on transactions during the week. I'm in the same boat as Lucas this week as Baron Davis went down for what appears to be only this week which takes away a good amount of categories from me, so I've had to compensate by picking up players multiple times this week. Hell, lohr had so many guys going last night when there was only a couple of game that I felt it was necessary to pick up 'white chocolate' Jason Williams for last night, and only last night in an effort to try to get some assists, and I'm going to drop him and pick up another player later this week. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong here, especially considering that any team I am up against can do the same thing.

If you cheer me or hate me, all I want is a reaction. LOL I like to get under people's skin all in good fun.

There's a difference between good natured smack talk and the fight you picked in this thread. We don't put up with that here, no matter what kind of reaction you want. You don't want to be an outsider? Get involved with the commuity and treat people with respect. If not, you're gonna wound up being voted off the island and that's not fun for anyone.

Like I said before (which you ignored), if you have a legit issue you want to address, bring it up in a CONSTRUCTIVE manner in the off season. You make your case and we vote on it; it's that simple.

Maybe it's just individualistic decision making here. I was up against Rock in a week that would decide if I'd contend for his playoff spot or if I'd get left behind, and guess what happened? I had TWO days in that week, yeah two days, where I had NOT A SINGLE PLAYER PLAYING and he had at least four. On one of those days, it was a full lineup versus zero for me. Nobody's fault there, that's just how league scheduling worked out.

I could have made some moves to try stopping the bleeding, but I didn't because I felt it would have been cheap and unsporting to boost my score that way - especially if it made a diffrence in who made the playoffs and who didn't.

If we're going to agee to disagree, I at least propose lowering the cap on these moves per week and perhaps even adjusting that figure to account for playoffs. I understand that stars are rested this time of year, and that's fine - pick ONE player to replace that player then, not four players over four days. Even if (for example) Paul Pierce puts up 25 PPG over two games in a span of four days, rotating players everyday allows you to get possibly twice the points you'd have got if your star were healthy. Personally, I think that's kind of lowball. If we are to disagree, so be it. I think if you are going to replace an injured or underperforming player, then do it with just one player and not an entire handful.

In a nutshell...

- One player for another without daily swapping for statistical accumulation

- Lower cap on transactions per week, and perhaps further restrictions during playoffs

And for the hell of it...

- If possible, league reminders (automated if that's an option) to remind owners of the trade deadline

I still would like to know the difference between having 3 players play 3 games rather than 1 player play 3 games. To me, thats savvy management if you can make it work so that the first two help secure a category or two and the third can try to help you get another.

Oh and I'm still curious about the accusations of my trade that Texascat made.

The difference is as I said in an example above - one player playing in two games over four days versus four players playing in four games over four days. In my opinion, such an occurance as the aforementioned should not be possible.

As far as your trades goes, his angle is that you got Duncan for Garnett and that it arguably put you over the top to jettison the age and bad health of Garnett for Duncan. He doesn't like that trade, but what's done there is done.

Time for everyone to make nice now. I imagine things might get flared up in the offseason when we start discussing transaction conditions, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

But if I was going to get those games out of another player regardless, then why does it matter which player is getting me those 3/4 games? It doesn't, and it shouldn't. Like you said, this will be addressed in the off-season, if Texascat isn't around to bring it up, then I'm sure someone else will.

Wait, wait, wait- He's angry that I made a trade which put me over the top? :lol: :lol: :lol: Sounds like he's a little jealous of my "elite-status" managerial skills. Not to mention the simple fact that your argument is fallacious anyway. Duncan is actually OLDER than Garnett by 24 days. And as far as the bad health argument goes- thats crap too because Garnett hasn't missed a game since the trade. NOT ONLY THAT- If you look at the stats both players are actually putting up, you'll actually see that Garnett is actually outperforming Duncan on the player rater and has the advantage in categories!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.