Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

How similar/different will this be from our recent football draft?

Oh and if every owner came back...and we had more than one person wanting to join in, I would NOT be opposed to expansion. I mean we'll have our keepers, but we'll have fewer draft options and slimmer pickings. I'm okay with that.

Think of it as an adventure, and a test of your managerial skills, to make selections from a more shallow pool.

That's if there were an expansion. Big if, I know.

I'm sorry, GT. I will be signing up tonight. School started and haven't had a chance to settle into a schedule yet. I'm a committed manager who does rotate the players and plays, so I won't be a zombie team. I liked last years set up but I think we should toss the rookie rule for now. Although if I remember correctly, I think only my rookies ended up performing well last year.

Are we really gonna keep 4 players? That seems like a little much, given thats the equivalent of 2/3rds of your true 'starters'

Also, how do we feel about losing the round of the keeper you've selected? Like, say I keep Kobe Bryant- I then wouldn't have a 1st round pick because I picked him in the first round last year.

alright well it looks like we will have to go with a league of 10 this season since the keeper date is tomorrow

but considering that there are only 5 teams which have selected their keepers so i will postpone the keeper deadline a week

so far only myself, lucas1138, rock, pharaoh jza & exodus

also still no word from shadowdog, dr destructo, superdragonv2.1 after having a PM sent to them

so i am thinking that they aren't interested in continuing and we'll cut the league size down to 10 which means the free agents wire will be deeper, texascat is looking to join so he will be able to take over a team

i think lucas's suggestion has merit, would love to hear thoughts from others on this and any other suggestions

and yes the rookie rule is definitely GONE!

Yeah. I thank him for that. I went back to teaching school and the first week is usually very busy. I feel like it's been a busy month though.

I must be used to yahoo's stats because I can't stand to use the stats on ESPN. It's horrible for me to figure out who I want to keep. I've narrowed it down a bit though. I'm trying to work on it through my lunch break today in avoidance of the teachers lunchroom. They want to sell me pampered chef stuff, GUH.

Any particular reason for that?

Well, basically I look at a keeper league as an analog to a real life team, albeit much smaller. The draft fleshes out the core - the team - you already have. I guess part of it is realism, in that sense. Also, there's a logistic side: I drafted a young stud PG (Deron Williams) with the mindset that that position was set for many years to come. Does it also mean I never get a 1st round pick? That doesn't seem fair or make sense to me.

Keeper leagues are unique in that while you are playing for this year, to some degree you are also planning for next year - especially that initial draft. To come in after the fact and make such a change, in my opinion, would really lessen the whole experience, not enhance it.

alright team goad & team akil have been removed (dex couldnt commit which is fair enough and there has been no response from dr destructo despite numerous PMs)

there is also a small division realignment due to the two teams being removed coming from the same division, so the current Beers will be moved across to the Jordan Division

also no word from austin despite numerous PMs and attempts to contact him via aim as well, so an invite has been sent out to Texascat to join the league.

remember keepers must be selected by Monday 14th September 5pm EST

if you don't select 4 keepers then there will be a pre-draft keeper selection for those teams to select the number of players needed to have 4 keepers, then we can begin the normal draft after that

drafting dates will be finalized soon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.