Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

You two are wusses. Stop congratulating and conceding to each other. 'TIS WAR!

Its a gentleman's war fought between two gentleman who wouldn't mind seeing the other guy win, thats why its easy to accept it for us. You wouldn't know about that since you're playing Lohr right now ;)

forth quarter, game seven what ever analogy you want to use because it all comes down to this the final day to determine the NBF Champion

the question comes down to what cat should i go after to some how secure the victory? do i chase points or some how chase blocks? who will play? i know the guys from the west will be going as no one's spot in the west is finalised and they are all trying to avoid the lakers while guys from the east have their first round opponents set and can possibly rest up like josh smith did tonight

in 24 hours time, the first NBF Champion will be announced - the Gold Coast Rollers or Team Carr???

ok i cant remember if we set up our own playoff tie breaker and i will go back thru the pages (in the morning when i am a bit more awake its midnight here) but if we didnt then ESPN has it set up that the higher seed automatically wins, so if we didnt set up a playoff tie breaker then i am up the creek without a paddle :lol:

damn another barrier i need to break to somehow crack a win

alright well i have found what we voted and it was on the standing's tie breaker which was H2H record between the teams

so frick, i now have to ensure that I kick your butt outright with a minimum of a 5-4 victory to stop you from earning a very cheap win (despite the fact that i kicked your butt twice this season) so if this happens enjoy your hollow victory knowing that you never beat me :lol:

It All Comes Down to This!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/Gggncar/nba-trophy_full.jpg

Associated Press- By the end of this evening's games we will have determined the champion in the inaugural season of the Nightly Basketball Federation. The competitors in the match-up are the Crazy Aussie Kangaroo Brad Watts who is leading his Gold Coast Rollers against young gun Garrison Carr's formidable Team Carr. There have been various points throughout the week's matchup where both team leaders felt as though they were teetering on the edge of defeat- only to totter back, grasping victory seemingly the next night. The end of every night of this contest has seen it either deadlocked at 4-4-1 or 5-4 in favor of one of the teams. No one has been able to really gain control of the championship bout between these two heavyweights. That remains the case tonight when two crucial categories are up for grabs: points and blocks. Right now Carr has the edge but could easily be overtaken by the Gold Coast Rollers if they have a solid game.

Watts, also the owner of the Aussie Kangaroos in the NFF, has a rather decorative trophy case in his palatial Gold Coast estate. He has brought in four championships during his time in nightly sports leagues and put together many formidable teams in the NFF over the years but tonight will be looking for his first keeper league title. Team Carr owner Garrison Carr burst onto the nightly fantasy scene in the late summer of 2006 when he formed a team for the Nightly Football Federation. That season he captured the inaugural title as well as placing runner up by ONE (freaking) point to champion Darth Irish in the Yahoo league. The next two years in the NFF Garrison led his team to runner-up finishes, thus taking an annual spot in the Uber Bowl.

Carr and Watts have something of an intrasport rivalry raging at this moment. Aside from this years title clash in the NBF, the Aussie Kangaroos have been somewhat cursed in going up against Team Carr in the NFF. In the inaugural season the 'Roos bulldozed through the regular season only to be halted by Team Carr in the playoffs- after meeting a similar end the next season a rivalry was officially born. The rivalry helped develop a friendship between the two owners and they are frequently seen asking each other's advice in matters of the draft or who to play during the week. Ironically, it was even Brad's idea that Garrison join the NBF to begin with! Fellow Nightly sports enthusiast Rock Ledoux likened this weeks match-up to Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed, a battle of two heavyweights waging war within the ring both desperately wanting to come out victorious, but at the same time remaining a calm level of respect for his opponent. After tonight we will see who is taking home the title.

This was in the paper this morning :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.