Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

Stats I hate: FG%, FT%, TO.

Do the rest of you look at these stats when signing a player? I don't, but maybe that's why I'm suckign in those stats? I just have a hard time looking at a player who has Points, Boards and Steals and say, "Man, his FT% sucks. I can't take him!" or "Well, because that player's FT% is 70, I'll have to take a 90% guy, although the rest of his stats sucks." I usually just hope to dominate the other categories and just leave FT% to chance.

Same with TurnOvers. I friggin hate them. TO's make it nearly impossible to sweep another team 7-0. You can't dominate in Steals and Assists without taking a hit to the TO's. TOTALLY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE. In the off season, I'm going to bring it up again for a vote.

Stats I hate: FG%, FT%, TO.

Do the rest of you look at these stats when signing a player? I don't, but maybe that's why I'm suckign in those stats? I just have a hard time looking at a player who has Points, Boards and Steals and say, "Man, his FT% sucks. I can't take him!" or "Well, because that player's FT% is 70, I'll have to take a 90% guy, although the rest of his stats sucks." I usually just hope to dominate the other categories and just leave FT% to chance.

Same with TurnOvers. I friggin hate them. TO's make it nearly impossible to sweep another team 7-0. You can't dominate in Steals and Assists without taking a hit to the TO's. TOTALLY COUNTERPRODUCTIVE. In the off season, I'm going to bring it up again for a vote.

mate i'd love it to be a points league which makes everything a lot easier when looking at the players values! i know i would get shot down every time with that proposal, oh well!

there will be a few things presented which will go to a vote, i am sure we all have a few we would like everyone to help sort out!

At the beginning of the season I would have much rather had the easy points system to go with. But now- No way would I want it changed. The way it is takes some strategy in the makeup of your team. Very fun.

dont get me wrong, i love this current system but of course we can always make it better! i was just saying that a points system is easy to judge a players value while in this there is a lot more you need to look into and judge like you said! definitely a better challenge!

Turnovers are a part of the NBA. Shutouts simply aren't. I'll always side on the side of realism in fantasy sports, whenever reasonably possible. Whether you look at the matchups as a single week long game against your opponent or nine games stretched out over one week, the lack of 9-0 results really just isn't a problem. This isn't a Texas girls high school game and the Lions don't play basketball, so you probably won't see many shutout games or winless seasons. And that's alright with me...

i think it will be one of many issues that will come up

so i would suggest everyone note down what changes that they wish to present to the league and prepare it for the offseason, i know there is a lot to talk about and discuss

should be a good last 3 weeks of the regular season, playoff spots are in demand!

• 2 weeks later...

one week to go in the regular season and i believe that 5 of the 6 playoff spots are all locked up with the last spot coming down to the Irish Mick's & the Yosemite Sams! So it will be an extremely interesting week for both teams!

while in both divisions, both top spots are still very much up for grabs with 1.5 games separating Rock's Ballers & the Gold Coast Rollers in the Jordan Division then over in the Bird Division there is only 3 games between Team Carr, The Nightmares & the Motown Macks!

who will lock up the first round byes & who will lock up the final playoff spot?

round one is all but done with The Nightmares & Rock's Ballers progressing to the semi finals against the Gold Coast Rollers & Team Carr respectively

the Team Carr-Rock's Ballers match up should be quite a close one going on results from the year with the Ballers having a 10-8 overall win while in the other semi final between the Rollers & The Nightmares could be quite one sided with The Nightmares dominating the Rollers 13-5

one set of questions have been answered but now we have another set with who will progress thru to the 2009 NBF Finals?

It looks like the Mack Train has come to a screeching halt. Ah well, even in defeat I can honestly say that I had a blast being part of this league. Congrats to The Ballers for moving on and good luck to everyone else.

Thanks to Brad for the invite at the start of the season.

I'll definitely be back next year for some goddam payback!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.