Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

• 1 month later...

coming in to the 11th week of the season and we have 5 teams over .500 at the moment! ut no one is truly out of it yet!

I've got a nice 8.5 game lead in the Jordan Division while in the Bird Division is more of a dog fight with the top three all within 0.5 of a game!

will be an interesting final 10 weeks of the season!

There wasn't a rule against it to begin the season, so why not? I just don't think it's a good idea to start making rules up in the middle of the season because some teams may have strategized based on what was, and in this case, what wasn't said.

It's similar to the NFF where I try to make sure we don't make rules up as we are in the season (think of the tied playoff game) and then after the season we discuss possible rule changes and implement them for the upcoming season. A team could be hurt based on a mid-season rule change that is unexpected when they had no reason to expect that it would be any different. Do I think that just letting an injured rookie sit on the IR all season is fair? No, not really. But nobody said that it couldn't be done prior to the season, so I would let it go for now, and take it up after the playoffs are over.

There wasn't a rule against it to begin the season, so why not? I just don't think it's a good idea to start making rules up in the middle of the season because some teams may have strategized based on what was, and in this case, what wasn't said.

It's similar to the NFF where I try to make sure we don't make rules up as we are in the season (think of the tied playoff game) and then after the season we discuss possible rule changes and implement them for the upcoming season. A team could be hurt based on a mid-season rule change that is unexpected when they had no reason to expect that it would be any different. Do I think that just letting an injured rookie sit on the IR all season is fair? No, not really. But nobody said that it couldn't be done prior to the season, so I would let it go for now, and take it up after the playoffs are over.

damn a loophole has been found, technically like Irish said that player is still on the roster, i don't like it either but it will be something address during the offseason

When Mike Taylor is back, he'll be active. I can't make him inactive unless he's actually inactive. I'm not trying to do anything shady whatsoever. I benched an injured player despite his rookie/non-rookie status.

If you guys want, I'll do something we can all agree on. Either way it's not like I'm a threat at this point anyway.

EDIT: Scratch that - I already did.

Despite what the standings may insinuate, I'd never stoop to flat-out cheating just to gain an edge in a few categories. It's just not my style. I mean really...who considers it gratifying to win unjustly? That no fun for me.

It's cool. And really it comes full circle now because I originally drafted Bayless when all projections had him starting at the 2 this year. But you know...just in case I somehow claw my way into the playoffs, I don't want there to be any questions or doubts about how I made it compared to everyone else.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.