Nightly Basketball Federation - Season VIII

groove terminator

i will add that into the poll that i am creating at the moment!

we have technically two spots left to get to a round number of 10 (one of those spots will hopefully be accepted by austin!) i have sent PMs out to those who have been apart of Nightly leagues previous & those who seem to enjoying discussing stuff about the NBA in that thread! so hopefully that will help gets one or more to join!!

EDIT: yes we have one spot left to make ten now

Alright with only the vote on the categories we want to use to go over in the Constitution Poll, I have found a site which after inputting the number of teams, number of round & participants, it will randomize the draft order for you! The order I entered everyone in was the order that everyone joined which I thought was easiest, which corresponds with your team number on the ESPN site.

The first time I enter all the information it came out with myself having the first pick, i didnt like that as it would seem way to fishy, so i re-entered all the information again and came out with this order:

1 Rock

2 Lucas1138

3 Ms. Spam

4 SuperDragonV2.1

5 groove terminator

6 Shadowdog

7 Austin

8 Exodus

9 Dr Destructo

10 Pharoah JZA

11 Darth Irish

12 Darth Lohr

I used the draft randomizer on ProFantasySports, so if there are any complaints about the order I will re-do it and I will also enter in everyone's email address (which would mean that when I hit generate draft order, everyone will receive an email with that order) but as I said above, the first time I did this I came out with the first pick which was way too fishy for my liking so I have nothing to gain out of this order. Give it a try a couple of times and it will show you how random it can be.

Remember this draft will be a serpentine draft, so if u get the last pick in the first round then you get the first pick in the second round.

EDIT: I am also proposing that we start drafting on the 20th September, so that gives everyone two weeks to vote on the scoring system & to start preparing their draft boards!

I have no idea if I joined or not. I logged onto ESPN and followed the link in the e-mail, but it's not exactly info plus. What do I do?

i believe that you click on accept invite somewhere in the email, SuperDragon is having a similar problem getting into the league

Shadowdog suggested

It's a very confusing interface. What you need to do is find a button about halfway down. I can't remember what it says but it's something like "accept invite" or "create a team" or something like that. But nothing will make sense until you click on that button.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't get over the fact that we have only FOUR bench spots. We have 6 starters and only FOUR bench spots. Shouldn't we have at least one bench spot for every starter?

Does anyone object if we change that to Six, or hell, even Five, since there's an IR spot?

Well, four was the clear winner in the poll. Of course, about half the league voted for playing more than six guys at a time, so they were obviously expecting a bigger total roster. I've also been thinking lately how tight things are going to be. I was going to PM gt and ask if we could at least add another IR spot (the number of IR spots was never actually voted on), because if you have more than guy hurt (which happens, right Ex?) you're going to really have a hard time putting six guys on the court many nights.

As it is, there's going to be plenty of days when you only can play three or four guys. It's just simple math. Six positions, seven days a week is forty-two spots a week. If we have ten guys on a team and a player averages three or four games a week, the most spots you could cover would be forty. And that's ideal, which would mean you're guys conveniantly alternate their off-days for you, which isn't going to happen often. There will plenty of times you have active guys on the bench one day because you have too many options and then the next day you'll be lucky if you have two players available. Heck, that sort of thing happened sometimes in our old format at Yahoo and we had a bigger roster.

So, at the very least, I think we should add an IR spot. I would certainly support Rock's idea to add a roster spot instead, however. It could be argued that if we add two, it would bring us up to an NBA-equivalant 12 man active roster. I could live with either, but I agree that we should tweak this now before the season starts and it's too late.

i was talking with rock about this the other day, i do like the idea of adding an extra roster spot but at this stage only if it is an IR spot for this season. I mean we had the vote and 4 bench spots clearly won, but yes I didnt add a question regarding IR spots. So I will give it till the 22nd for those who want to voice an argument against adding an additional IR spot to bring it to 10 active and 2 injured (i believe the injured need to be pre-approved by espn so you can't just put who ever you want there)

so your roster would look like this

6 starters

4 bench

2 Injured Reserve

This works for me. The problem we ran into is something I brought up when we first started discussing roster size: the size of your (desired) bench depends on how many active spots you have. In other words, they go hand-in-hand. In retrospect, we should either have voted for total roster size first or at least the number of starters first and then figured out the bench size. It's not a criticism, gt, since I never thought to bring it up during the poll, either. I'm just it pointing out to keep in mind for next offseason.

Players listed as "out" will be the only ones you're able to put on IR, but yes, you can take them off of IR earlier if you want. I think what Brad is saying is that since the number of bench players was already voted on, it'll stay that way for this year. The number of IR spots was never officially decided, so it's more open to change.

OK after some thought I am making an executive decision on the bench size, after this there will be no more discussion until after this season

We are increasing our bench size by one BUT by increasing the roster size by one each team must carry a rookie for the entire season

Note: it doesn't have to be the same rookie for the entire season but you must have a rookie at all times to use that extra bench spot

We are also increasing the IR to two spots

The roster size issue is now over for this season

Lohr is correct on the IR, a player needs to be deemed as Out to be able to be placed on the IR

Thanks Dawg, I just do what I feel will be best for the league and will wear any consequences but in the end the decision is mine and it had to be sorted asap while we are still in the draft, I believe it also settles any discussion on this point while also giving the teams a closer real life feel. I have some proposals regarding roster sizes and what not that I will bring up during next off-season but for now the roster size discussion is firmly close.

Due to a difference of opinion, Darth Lohr has been released as Co-Commish of the Nightly Basketball Federation.

Rock has been asked to fill this position and he has gracefully accepted.

Oooooooooo! :drool: Wait, HEY! I air all my drama out in public, it's only fair that you two do as well! :drool:

Two days left in Week One and we have

Rock's Ballers - Gold Coast Rollers 3-6

Milwaukee Beers - Team Carr 4-5

The Nightmares - Kemah Schemers 4-5

Team Akil - Irish Micks 5-4

Motown Macks - Team Goad 6-3

Yosemite Sams - Texas Slamma Jamma 5-4

with the teams in bold in the lead! dont forget to ensure you get the maximum out of your rosters by playing the maximum number of guys each day!

good luck for the weekend

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.