The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

Very good episode!

* Opening bit with Ryan and Kelly getting divorced was okay. Not great, because it seemed like they are trying desperately to keep this storyline alive when it really has no meaning.

* At first I started to roll my eyes at the Michael and Holly confrontation in the office... here we go again.

*Erin's talking head segment was hilarious! Love the Holly hate and her love-math! Ears are like a 7... and a 4. Love how she's so over protective of her pseudo-father.

* Thought Jim leaving Michael was really well done!

* Lol'd at the "Why don't' you take one of the hot dogs you're going to throw away and throw it in my mouth?"

* :thumbsup: Creed's THIEF pic at the Chinese Food place.

* I thought it was very cute/romantic to have Holly & Michael's reconciliation done with having Holly's mind completely in tune with Michaels. Loved the rooftop scene with Erin smiling at seeing how happy Michael is.

* I can't get enough of the Gabe insults! Loved the whole caption contest bit.

Quotes:

Erin: "He answers to Michael, Michael G Scott, Michael J Fox, Mr. Fox, the Incredible Mr. Fox..."

Andy: "Oh, it is on like Genghis Khan wearing Sean-John in Bhutan!"

I think it's been pretty clear that I love the Holly/Michael thing. I really liked the H/M storyline, but I'm not too keen on what happened with Gabe. They're totally setting him up to be the new manager, at least for a little while, then fail spectacularly.

Gabe's storyline really didn't do anything for me. They were just picking on him because he got his shorts in a wad over them making fun of Sabre. It's not nearly as funny as picking on Dwight.

Loved:

* Creed's thief picture. Once again, he doesn't have to do anything to get the biggest laugh of the episode.

* Holly's mental connection to Michael

* Dwight yelling at Pam over the napkins and syrup, then telling her, "Obviously I'm going to get those things for you so shut up!". The running gag of their friendship sprints on.

Didn't like:

* The caption jokes. They really just weren't funny, except for Andy trying to get a subtle Erin/Gabe jibe in.

* Is John Krasinski making a movie? He shows up for two minutes in each of the last three episodes.

I wouldn't say I'm tired of Jim at all. But, Jim still works best when paired with Dwight I think (or Pam, I still think they're as cute as ever).

Speaking of Pam, I used to view her as more of Jim's tagalong, but I really enjoy when she gets her moments nowadays.

@Wally- I very much disagree about 'ruining' the shows legacy. This isn't like LOST where it's so incredibly plot heavy and we've been invested in (more or less) the same plot for years now. If the last season is a bad one, so what? There were still 4 great ones, 1 good one, and one so-so one. The 'bad' 8th season would have to be awful, horrible, life alteringly bad for me to let it ruin The Office in my mind.

I wouldn't say I'm tired of Jim at all. But, Jim still works best when paired with Dwight I think (or Pam, I still think they're as cute as ever).

I never really liked it when Pam and Jim hooked up and got married. It's played way too much it in the series... But the old days with Jim and Dwight were classic and now seem to of lost all it's charm. The snowball fight was the last "interaction" with the two and it failed.

Jim's character doesn't seem to want to be in it anymore, by the means of teasing and tormenting Dwight. He seems he just wants to be a husband and father now. Basically, he grew up.

The snowball fight was the last "interaction" with the two and it failed.

Failed??? This is the first I've heard someoen say anythign bad against the snowball fight. I thought it was awesome! Not to mention that Dwight FINALLY got over on Jim!

* Opening bit with Ryan and Kelly getting divorced was okay. Not great, because it seemed like they are trying desperately to keep this storyline alive when it really has no meaning.

This encapsulates everything that's bothered me about the show this season. When the show started, all of the characters were funnier than they thought they were. Now, they think they're funnier than they actually are. That's an unhealthy place for any sitcom to be.

Whoever winds up as Michael's replacement, the best thing they could do for the show is knock the rest of the cast down several pegs so they stop acting smarmy and insufferable. Ryan and Kelly need to be first in line.

Thankfully the show's still had good moments here and there. With last week's, I loved watching Holly track Michael down by unconsciously getting inside his head. Too bad she had to share screen time with the rest of the episode.

I would love to see just a complete straight man in Michael's job. Someone who just doesn't get the overblown eccentricities if everyone.

Or Creed. Not necessarily in the manager job, just more Creed. They could easily fill a season with him then just stop.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.