The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

• 2 weeks later...

Alright then...

I thought the opening was cute, zany and just the type of time-wasting activity the combined brains of Michael and Andy would come up with.

I also liked:

* Executive trainee Kelly trying to be smart

* Erin going out with Gabe at first because he was her boss and she had to.

* Michael coming up with "clear as moss on a Mississippi stump" on the fly. Is Improv finally rubbing off on him?

* Don't know how Jim and Pam could have that whole prank conversation with Dwight standing right there in the elevator with her.

* At least we know why Michael doesn't have a close relationship with part of his family anyway...he left Lil Luke in the forest when the kid was two.

I could've done without Dwight's subplot. With the exception of the final photo shot of him in his undershirt with beet-stained hands, it really wasn't that funny.

There was too much going on last night, but I got a few laughs out of Michael and Toby, Erin and the Disposable Camera and Smart!Kelly still not knowing what she's talking about. No one seems to know what's going on in the office anyway so I can totally buy Pam maneuvering herself into a non-sales position, especially since she's so bad at it anyway. I'm just sorry Gabe didn't have more of a backbone once he realized she was lying to him.

"We should build our OWN mall!" :thumbsup:

I also loved when Toby switched gears and started using child-therapy techniques on Michael...and they worked! Brilliant.

Had some mild complaints. Assertive Pam doesn't feel like Pam. She feels more like Jenna Fischer wanting to stretch her legs. I'm also not sure if we need Erin dumbed-down even more instead of just naive. We already have one Kelly...not to mention all the other kinds of dumb that were already represented before Erin was added.

For Your Tony Consideration...

Anybody think that the cast of "The Office" is really trying to prove that they are capable of doing other things so they will still be marketable after the show ends? I'm glad Andy got a chance to sing in a more appropriate setting, but last night's episode was wierd with few laugh out loud moments.

* I'm over Dwight and Angela. They are either in love or they are not. If not, end the stupid relationship.

* Michael was inconsistent - one minute boorishly rude, the other minute enthusiastically supportive. ( I did like the tag of his audition at the end, though)

* I'm losing interest in Erin and Andy, too. Erin is becoming waaaay too goofy for me tastes.

* Single funniest moment: Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration - theatre goer.

That episode seemed to be alot more emotional than going for laughs which I liked. I really felt for Andy and I loved when he got the support from his co-workers at the end. Angela trying to play Dwight is interesting as I've never seen her try to be sexy, totally different for her.

Why wasn't Toby there?! :(

Last night's episode was really uneven, but the ending felt like another nod to Michael's lost love, Holly. According to Mindy Kaling, she's signed on to come back for at least 8 episodes this season. That's all I'm waiting for - Holly and Michael's reunion.

On that point I just found an article that highlighted a few of Erin's....'moronic moments'

•Erin actually believed that Kevin had a heart transplant in which he received the heart of an elephant.

•Erin believes you can get indigestion in your nose

•Erin thinks you actually have to throw away disposable cameras.

•Erin thought that Andy wrote the Stephen Sondheim musical Sweeney Todd.

•Erin found it hard to keep up after the Taco Bell Express she worked at became an official Taco Bell.

•Erin wishes she had been a teenager in the 1490's because it's when America was discovered.

•Erin thinks being slapped in the face with a rainbow would be yummy.

•Erin thinks six-month-old babies can talk on the telephone and eat ice cream

:lol:

And the Jim/Pam storyline turned out to be very fulfilling. Loved it.

The beginning of last week's episode was everything the beginning of The Office should be: stupid, ridiculous, and hilarious.

I thought it was a pretty strong episode, as good as we've gotten in a while.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.