The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

In all seriousness, that was one of the best episodes of the whole show. Using something absolutely ridiculous like that to cope with some pretty bad news for everyone sums up the whole spirit of the show so well. Michael's line about how it was the hardest he'd worked in a long time was so great for that reason.

Also, as unpredictable as the show can be, I think I kind of see where the writers are going with this storyline. Dunder Mifflin has always been a struggling company, but for whatever reason, Scranton has always been a profitable branch. It wouldn't shock me to see a certain other paper company come back.

"Ah can't help it! Ah was exposed to Harry Pottah!"

..and it all ends with the best Mexican standoff since Reservoir Dogs. Loved that, for once, Michael's penchant for mindless distractions was finally put to good use, for the welfare of his people. Jim's closing comments nailed it in a pretty meaningful way.

It's a shame Tube City was called off, though. Also, I think Oscar's, uh, "accent" made me cry.

I love how the series has slowly come around to the point where the show's characters seem to need Michael as much as he needs them. This motley crew wouldn't have thrived under Michael's predecessor ("His cap was de-tated!") and didn't under that new guy played by Idris Elba. So if the show is going where I assume it's going and Michael is about to be fired then that should hammer home what's been going down.

You would think by now that Wallace would know better than to put Michael in front of a working microphone and an audience.

But I'm sorry to see that Jim's position in the office was once again in question. It's bad enough that last season we had Charles unaware that Jim was the actual second in the office - something no one questioned between the time he returned from Stamford and Charles' arrival - but now his co-workers don't believe he has the same authority as Michael. Although I have to admit that, with record sales for Scranton, it appears that Michael's laissez-faire attitude works for them. Still, I loved him sticking it to Ryan.

It's too bad Dwight got stuck on his line rant. He probably could have given them some decent ideas.

Can I work for you, JC?

I do agree with you that taking a long lunch once in awhile isn't a big deal, but she did admit that she got a bit tipsy.

Agreed, we'll form our own company: The MJSJC Paper Company - featuring two-hour lunches. Okay, so Phyllis shouldn't have gotten tipsy, but I just hate to see Jim mess up when he's in charge - like he did when he wanted to have everyone's birthday on the same day or give only the salespeople raises.

I also liked Recyclops.

Can I work for you, JC?

I do agree with you that taking a long lunch once in awhile isn't a big deal, but she did admit that she got a bit tipsy.

Agreed, we'll form our own company: The MJSJC Paper Company - featuring two-hour lunches. Okay, so Phyllis shouldn't have gotten tipsy, but I just hate to see Jim mess up when he's in charge - like he did when he wanted to have everyone's birthday on the same day or give only the salespeople raises.

I also liked Recyclops.

Recyclops was great-- I liked the evolution montage, which featured the various receptionists of the past few seasons in little cameos.

• 2 weeks later...

Another cringe-worthy episode. We knew where this was going as soon as we heard what Michael did...the painful part was watching him go through the whole thing. Also, nice continuity with Dwight and his listening devices still being on a campaign to oust Jim. But Jim should know there's something up.

Also liked Pam delegating her former position of "Make Michael Do What He Doesn't Want to Do" to Erin.

I'm really sick of the Jim/Dwight plot. First of all, who decides to award Employee of the Month based on a chart? Don't most companies use nominations, voting, etc? Second of all, didn't Andy give Jim the chart? Why didn't Jim mention that after they determined Jim had the highest number of points? And third of all, why did Jim decide to use that chart anyway? He should know better than that, he knows Dwight has it in for him.

I thought Jim had finally gotten some cajones in the last episode, but I guess not. Stupid Jim is just getting stupid.

He's really finding it difficult to manage. He's come into some really boneheaded decisions since being a co-manager. The old Fun!Jim would have know something was up with Dwight when all this came down and that he didn't question this chart system kind of surprised me.

On the other hand, loved Dwight's impressions, Andy's previous jobs and the origin of Kevin's job.

In my restaurant days, I watched plenty of coworkers turn from star performers into unbelievable morons overnight just through the magical de-intellectualizing process of being promoted to management. Doing the job well is one thing; being put in the position of making other people do that job well in your place is a whole 'nother ball of wax. Even though you're with the same company and the same people in the same situations, it's almost like you're learning a brand new job from scratch. Poor judgment calls and logical lapses are par for the course. So I was a little more forgiving of Jim.

Dwight's obsession with him, on the other hand, is currently tiresome. He's like the Wile E. Coyote to Jim's Road Runner, except we don't get that cathartic release of Dwight falling off a cliff or having large metal objects dropped on him. When Jim and David defied sitcom standards by not letting a simple stupid misunderstanding interfere with their relationship, I was satisfied. It was a surprise brick hurled right in Dwight's face.

I wish the prospect of a Dwight/Ryan alliance made me giddy, but Ryan's not one of my favorite characters.

Yesterday I was watching the episode "Money," where Jim and Pam stay at Dwight's beet farm. Now I know that Jim has done his fair share of pranks to Dwight, but watching this episode after watching "Scott's Tots" made me kind of sad. Jim and Pam were so nice to Dwight and trying really hard to cheer him up. It really seemed like they were "friends." And now Dwight is trying to get Jim fired, right after Jim has bought a house and got married, and right before he's about to become a father? Yeah, I can't really enjoy this plot line at all.

And while Michael's antics have been unbelievable in the past, it is really unbelievable that Ryan still works at Dunder Mifflin. Shouldn't he have gone to jail or something? Lol.

He had court-ordered community service, remember? :D

Dwight is just not the type of person to think gratitude is necessary. In a camera interview, he said once that he didn't tip anyone if it was a job he could do himself. But he did tip his urologist because he cannot pulverize his own kidney stones. He refused a thank you gift from Jim after spraying Roy with pepper spray because he was just doing his duty as a citizen and gifts are inappropriate for that.

So, he just won't think that Jim and Pam's niceness to him in the past is enough. There's enough pranking in the past that Dwight thinks Jim is a lackluster manager who has the job he wants and he wants to get rid of him. That's how the Shrutes think. But I do agree it's getting irritating. I just like the fact that they are keeping with continuity.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.