The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

• 4 months later...

A funny episode surrounding an unfortunately serious topic. As one of the few married characters on the show, Stanley's infidelity really saddened me. A happily-married couple shouldn't be too much to ask (As for Phyllis and Bob Vance - Vance Refrigeration - they seem to be happy, but the deleted scenes tend to imply that there's a lot going on behind the scenes).

Nevertheless, Michael mishandled it perfectly, starting off with his usual selfishness and trying to fix it by making it worse.

I am assuming that it was Michael's car being beaten at the end?

Classic shallow Michael is baaaack!

Michael's bit o' brilliance are memorable, but what makes this show funny is his self-centeredness. He bombs Jim's chances at a promotion (using the review Toby and Ryan did in season 4 when Toby was jealous of Jim's relationship with Pam and Ryan was out to sink his competition) because he thinks Jim and Wallace are plotting against him. Then he finds out that he would have benefited greatly from a promoted Jim, so now has to endure sharing his managerial duties with Jim to keep from losing him to this mysterious other place that offered Jim a job. Because Michael is shallow enough to want to keep Jim from another offer to keep him at Dunder-Mifflin to fulfill Michael's own strange, emotional needs.

But, it was nice to see Jim being serious with Michael about this and acknowledging to the camera that Michael is dangerous regardless of what he does and does not know.

On the other hand, poor Toby falling for Dwight's craziness after all these years was a little out of character, but I have to admit that Dwight's theory was plausible.

I actually remembered to watch this last night! Funny stuff. I liked the interaction between Jim and Pam about the shotgun. I'm glad they still have chemistry even though they're dating.

I also watched the first episode of the season at NBC.com, but it took about an hour and a half because the player kept freezing my browser. grr. Looks like I'll have to keep remembering to catch them on TV, or just wait and buy the DVDs when they come out.

I actually remembered to watch this last night! Funny stuff. I liked the interaction between Jim and Pam about the shotgun. I'm glad they still have chemistry even though they're dating.

I also watched the first episode of the season at NBC.com, but it took about an hour and a half because the player kept freezing my browser. grr. Looks like I'll have to keep remembering to catch them on TV, or just wait and buy the DVDs when they come out.

Hulu!

Anyways, last night was awesome! Dwight is always hilarious. I loved his outburst at the very end.

Didn't Jim try to make a blanket decision before (about one birthday party for everyone) and louse it up? There was really only one way that Sales People Only Are Getting Raises Thing was going.

The problem was that Jim had a good point about Michael not wanting to make hard decisions. He left the health plan up to Dwight. He tried to avoid firing anyone. He does waste a lot of time.

Favorite line of the night: "Smell this or you're fired".

I know we're only past third episode of the sixth season but does anyone think that they'll attempt a seventh season and avoid baby Halpert? I also thought that maybe with the co-manager business that they were moving things along to either promote Jim to branch manager and eventually move Michael along to corporate or, since Wallace loves Jim as much as we do, Jim moves into the Regional VP spot and he and Pam get all cozy in both NY & Scranton and everything is all hunky dory.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.