The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

i did not see that ending coming at all... i mean during that final scene i thought when they showed Pam they were going to have her do a talking head where she talks about changing her life... but i didn't actually think she would walk out with michael...

also... this episode was hard to watch... only because unlike michael i was fired from my job last year and the economy has been tough finding work...

oh and i love Charles' talking head where he just said matter of factly... i know the effect i have on women... haha... awesome

That was funny. Kelly and Angela still bickering over him is getting to be good. "She'll be 50". :D

NumberSix was wondering if Charles had read the employees' files before he assigned Kevin and Stanley to their respective assignments.

But I knew what Pam would do the minute Michael asked if they were doing their best at this job and the camera aimed at Pam.

I liked this episode, but I didn't. Lol.

First, I don't like Charles. He's a jerk. BUT, he's just doing his job. And if any outsider came into the Scranton branch, they'd think that they were unproductive too.

On the other hand, the Scranton branch is supposed to be the best performing! They sent Michael and Pam around to give speeches to the other branches! Why would Charles have it in for the branch so much? And why was Charles even sent to the Scranton branch, and not another branch that wasn't performing as well?

Another question - was Charles interviewing for the Regional Manager position? I thought that was his job? Or was Michael a regional manager? I'm confused. Were the branch managers called Regional Managers? Was that changed after the merger?

Michael was regional manager for the Scranton branch

Charles is the VP... he took Jan and Ryan's old job... he is Michael's boss and David Wallace is Charles' boss...

so yeah Charles was interviewing potential candidates to replace Michael

and all the branch managers are called Regional Managers... they were always called that

Charles replaced Ryan who had replaced Jan.

Since Michael had not originally reported to the CFO (currently Wallace) directly, he has almost always had a supervisor between himself and the company officers, he has gotten used to the attention given to him by Wallace the last few months since Ryan left. However, Charles has interfered with that. I expect that Wallace got tired of Michael calling him constantly with stupid things and, to be honest, ultimately realized that, despite the Scranton branch's high numbers, Michael's leadership in and of itself has little to do with it.

Now, we find Charles annoying because he is trying to make the branch more efficient and professional...but only because we know the Scranton gang. If we were, in real life, to walk into a restaurant where people are goofing off and playing practical jokes on each other or sitting in a meeting, we would consider them unprofessional.

Okay. For some reason I thought Jan and Ryan were regional managers.

The only reason I can keep that straight is because of Dwight's "Assistant to the Regional Manager" position. Otherwise I would have had no clue what Michael's job title was.

oh and other things that made me laugh at the episode..

jim sitting at his computer and you could hear noises coming from michael's office and jim yells out... it's monster.com, no s... or something along those lines... haha

and andy speaking in a british accent all of a sudden when talking to michael about joining his company

There were a couple 'lol' moments for me last night namely the aforementioned monster.com part and then the part where Michael calls Prince Family paper, that had me rolling.

I also totally saw Pam leaving, that was great- I don't know where its all going, but I like it anyway. Am I the only one who thinks the MSPC could definitely compete with Dunder Mifflin with Dwight and Michael at the helm? Its pretty much been established that although quirky, Dwight and Michael are excellent salespeople. And as Michael has emphasized recently "he knows paper."

I had this exchange with a friend of mine after the episode last night-

me: man, Charles is.... such a... douchebag!

him: Yeah definitely.... or is he just normal?

Its a good question lol, we've watched the clowns at Dunder Mifflin for so long we've forgotten what its like when normalcy is added to the situation. That being said... I can't wait until this normal person gets whats coming to him though!

Charles seems like a hardcase only in comparison to the usual DM staff, almost all of whom possess some kind of fatal flaw(s) in their work ethic that would get them pink-slipped from many real companies.

Charles has to have some kind of fatal flaw, too. We just haven't pinpointed it yet, though assigning Kevin as temp receptionist and naming Stanley his new "productivity czar" sure offers possible clues...

Am I the only one who thinks the MSPC could definitely compete with Dunder Mifflin with Dwight and Michael at the helm?

YES.

Unless...Michael somehow stumbles into a hundred million dollars that he can use to cover his startup costs. Or mesmerizes an extremely wealthy and open-minded investor.

• 2 weeks later...

*The Dwight/Andy friendship is cute, but that whole string-instrument duet was kinda creepy.

* Kelly's attempts to get Charles' attention by waiting by the door for him to say her name. LOL

* Jim's attempts to suck-up falling flat on his face. :blush:

* Pam going back and forth over whether she made the right decision was a bit irksome.

* Ryan's yellow hair and working at the bowling alley!!!!! double LOL

I loved, loved, loved the new credit sequence on the 9 p.m. episode. It gave me the same warm feeling that the Buffy "Superstar" credits did.

I also dug seeing Vikram again. They need more of him, but his character was written with too much common sense. I don't blame him for escaping the episode.

I can't believe the Michael Scott Paper Company hasn't already gone out of business. Where are they gonna get 20 cases for their first order for that Russell guy? Go ask Creed to steal them some?

Love these new episodes and the new though probably temporary new direction. It's breathing so much new life into the show just when it started to become a little stale. Dunder Mifflin begging Michael to come back (you know its gonna happen) is going to be such a big payoff

I loved, loved, loved the new credit sequence on the 9 p.m. episode. It gave me the same warm feeling that the Buffy "Superstar" credits did.

I also dug seeing Vikram again. They need more of him, but his character was written with too much common sense. I don't blame him for escaping the episode.

I can't believe the Michael Scott Paper Company hasn't already gone out of business. Where are they gonna get 20 cases for their first order for that Russell guy? Go ask Creed to steal them some?

I always thought DM and MSPC were just the middle men between the vendors and the end users.

I thought about this and in the "Product Recall" episode of the third season, Creed - the quality control guy - dropped the ball by not doing a paper mill inspection. I got the idea from that episode that Dunder-Mifflin has its own mill with Creed being the guy from Scranton that inspects...or is supposed to.

I'm thinking that Michael will begin selling paper despite himself and Dunder-Mifflin will ask him to come back. They are just bright enough to recognize that he brings in the money, no matter what his personality.

I thought about this and in the "Product Recall" episode of the third season, Creed - the quality control guy - dropped the ball by not doing a paper mill inspection. I got the idea from that episode that Dunder-Mifflin has its own mill with Creed being the guy from Scranton that inspects...or is supposed to.

Excuse you. Yeah Debbie Brown was the one that didn't show up for the inspection... on Wednesday the 11th... jeez. You should know better than to judge Creed like that. Remember: That job is the only thing keeping him from being homeless, and he will do whatever it takes to survive, just like when he was homeless.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.