The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

I know Joss did the halloween episode. Was that business school? Can't remember.

anyway, just stopping by to say hey to my fellow Office lovers!!

This is one of the greatest shows of all time. I also loved that they started this season out with hour long episodes, then they just completely cut me back to 30 min. again, I was deeply disappointed.

Nice avatar! I must get into this show. Ericka wants to loan me the DVDs, but I'm afraid it'll kill my study time. Sounds hilarious.

(^)

Highly recommended (obviously). I know a few people that don't enjoy it, but those that I know who's tastes are close to mine (comedy wise) that watch it all love it.

BTW, fun siggy.

That's one of my favorite bits from that film (along with the fight he is referring to which is so great cause it contains about every "fight scene" cliche' that exists).

"...Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?"

"Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident." :lol:

I know Joss did the halloween episode. Was that business school? Can't remember.

anyway, just stopping by to say hey to my fellow Office lovers!!

This is one of the greatest shows of all time. I also loved that they started this season out with hour long episodes, then they just completely cut me back to 30 min. again, I was deeply disappointed.

Nice avatar! I must get into this show. Ericka wants to loan me the DVDs, but I'm afraid it'll kill my study time. Sounds hilarious.

(^)

Highly recommended (obviously). I know a few people that don't enjoy it, but those that I know who's tastes are close to mine (comedy wise) that watch it all love it.

BTW, fun siggy.

That's one of my favorite bits from that film (along with the fight he is referring to which is so great cause it contains about every "fight scene" cliche' that exists).

"...Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?"

"Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident." :lol:

YES!!!!!!! TO ALL OF IT!!! HAHAHA, it's so great! O.k. not sure if I know exactly who Ericka is, don't know if I've met her, this avatar is also my background at work, I'm sure you've seen it by now.

Brian Fantana: Where is the suit store? We've been walking for forty-five minutes.

Champ Kind: Brick, I thought you said this was a shortcut.

Brick Tamland: Okay.

Ron Burgundy: Well, is it a shortcut or not?

Brick Tamland: Fantastic.

That was one of the greatest! But yeah....you would definitely love the office, and Anchorman was awesome too. If you like the slapstick comedy kind of stuff, then you would definitely love the office.

"I guarantee it." (you know...the guy from the Men's Warehouse commercial???)

(^)

1. (Assuming he is talking about the same person), she is a regular poster here at Nightly.

2. Yes, Brick is a character that for the most part of the movie just makes nonsensical (albeit funny) statements and doesn't seem to understand or relate to what is happening around him. His opening dialogue even states that he may be "mentally retarded". Most of the time he just agrees with whatever anyone else says (or tries to copy them) for no reason (or to fit in).

3. I have to disagree with the equation of "slapstick comedy" to The Office. The former is a physical "in your face" type of humor. The Office tends to center around more "deadpan/awkward/uncomfortable" humor. The later is (arguably?) more intelligent and isn't as popular/accepted as the former. (No shot at you, just sayin'...) :)

4. I just heard that guy's voice in my head saying that statement as I read it. Creepy. :lol:

No, not that Ericka. I was referring to a girl we work with. She's a HUGE Office fan :p

Yeah, I thought that her loaning you the DVDs (instead of making you copies) was odd, what with your difference in location. Only reason I assumed the same person was the "k" in the name. My boy's GF spells it with just a "c", which I think is more common.

Dwight peeing into the can was great. "I think I cut my penis on the lid!"

YES! Even funnier if you've actually tried to do that (for guys I guess). Never used a can, but used a bottle once in a similar situation and it was almost a disaster! :blush::lol: (Not in an "injuring myself" way, but in a "fracking up the interior of my friend's car" way.)

No, not that Ericka. I was referring to a girl we work with. She's a HUGE Office fan :p

Yeah, I thought that her loaning you the DVDs (instead of making you copies) was odd, what with your difference in location. Only reason I assumed the same person was the "k" in the name. My boy's GF spells it with just a "c", which I think is more common.

Funny you should say that. I received an email from her today and realized her name is spelled Erica... no 'k'. I can imagine why she likes it, as she has an awesome sense of humor. Plus, she's drop dead gorgeous.

So...how will the writers strike affect The Office?

will it? I dont know anything about it so feel free to enlighten me.

It will. Those who play Toby, Kelly and Ryan (the former temp) are all writers for the show, so they are striking. And though scripts are stockpiled at the moment Steve Carell is also with the WGA. :(

When Toby started cracking up at the reading of Michael's diary, 'twas a beautiful moment, and all Michael could do was sit there and smolder.

Watching Michael have to make that Sophie's Choice between Jan and Dunder Mifflin was, IMHO, one of the deepest moments of the series. And why did he go the way he did? Because David Wallace called him "a nice guy". That's just so...perfect. You can almost see a little bit of Michael in David.

("Talking trash is like, 'Your momma's so fat she could eat the Internet' but talking smack is like, 'You're so ugly and I can prove it 'cause the evidence is right there!'")

Every single word that dropped from Kelly's lips this episode was laugh city. And that ending was the show's best piece of awkward pain in an episode that was chock full of it. And was then followed by a moment of utter weirdness. The Office is really a far better show than it needs to be.

Dwight doing the names of his ping-pong heroes also cracked me up. I'm easy. Funny sounds is all it really takes to get me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.