The Office

Mara Jade Skywalker

Why does everyone hate Will Farrel so much? Him shouting NO at the cake was one of the funniest bits.

Yeah, that was probably my favorite non-Michael part of the episode. Classic Will Ferrell!

I see Deangelo having a nervous breakdown or something in the near future, forcing him to leave. It is then we will see the more familiar Will Ferrell, I think.

Why does everyone hate Will Farrel so much? Him shouting NO at the cake was one of the funniest bits.

Key word, to me, on why I despise Will Ferrell; he seems to think that all he has to do to be funny is shout, & he's not alone, since all of his fans tend to agree. Even with all my personal gripes against him, I was willing to give him a shot for his stint on The Office, since it is my favorite sitcom, but I feel that he was HORRIBLY miscast, & he has been the final nail in the coffin of the show's worst season, IMO.

You know.... I actually agree with you. Not saying it's the worst and unwatchable but its definitely my least favorite season. And I know next season will most likely be the last so they really should have just ended it with Michael leaving.

Key word, to me, on why I despise Will Ferrell; he seems to think that all he has to do to be funny is shout, & he's not alone

OMG YES. But for me, not so much for Will Ferrell. I see this in Chris Rock, Chris Tucker and SO many stand-ups. It must be a formula that works or they wouldn't do it. Ferrell, to me, is just a one-trick pony, a big, dumb white guy. Oddly, I think he's THE perfect choice for The Office.

I LOVED that last Michael Scott episode! I loved that he made a list of whom he's said goodbye to. I loved that he told everyone he'd back back the next day. I ADORED the cake-planning!!! And yeah, the "if I got shot in the head, I think I'd be OK" quote was Hi. LARE-ee-us.

Please say it's over. Please say Ferrell is gone now for good.

* Did no one clarify what everyone (Ryan) does in the office before Michael left? Isn't that what the transitional time is for? To find out who everyone is and what they do?

* Loved Pam's young adult story idea.

* Jim is so awkward when he's not the office darling. Did he almost tear up when he was protesting that it wasn't an Inner Circle after being ostracized by DeAngelo?

* I did like Dwight's reaction to being told off by the boss, responds well to authority indeed.

* And I also liked that Angela stood up for the women in the office, emphasizing that Pam and Kelly were department heads, too

* And Darryl going to business school at night and learning Chinese. Wow!

I dunno, man. I'm not trying to be negative... I watched it twice to make sure and I still hate it. It all just seemed soooo forced. Know what I'm saying? It seemed like Will was trying out his best impression of an "Over-the-top" version of Michael Scott.... which was pretty much near the tippity-top as it was. That juggling thing was cringe-worthy. Cold Open was just not funny. Thought the Kelly/Ryan supervisor thing was just thrown in there as something for them to do. The "boss hates me" Jim/Pam thing with Will was already done in Will's first episode.

Wasn't Dwight standing behind Will's desk beside him at the last episode (before goodbye Michael)? Then all of a sudden he hates him?

Only funny thing was Dwight's "70 cousins, each stronger as the next!" and telling Will to talk to Oscar for a sausage party.

Yup... still hate it.

See I thought the Will Ferrell over the top (but not quite utterly ridiculous) was him in his element. I actually enjoyed Ferrell this episode whereas I really didn't like him the previous 2. I spent most of his screentime cringing in the past episodes, but in this one he actually drew some laughs.

Jim realized the pitfalls of being the guy in charge during the last season, but he should have realized last night that, if Jo is shopping for a temporary replacement for Michael, she was going to pick somebody. And if not him...

So Dwight gets the dream job and, don't you know, I loved Mose's elated giddy scream. As expected, though he left the office unpainted, he takes total control. Loved the painting of him. Is it just me or did Toby care more about the forms he was going to get to fill out rather than the fact that the office manager inadvertantly fired a gun?

I wonder what's wrong with Kelly, illness-wise?

The Jim/Dwight dynamic is back with Jim trying to befuddle/prank Dwight. Darryl and his pretending to talk. Andy in the conference room admitting that Gabe's behavior is horrifying to him. Everybody making demands of Dwight in order to keep his secret. Creed thinking that the stuff in the fridge is edible. And, of course, Creed left in charge.

Didn't Jo have Great Danes at one point? I'm just glad she didn't overlook the gunshot and called Dwight out on his girl gun.

I think not.

My predictions are for one or more of the following :

--- David Wallace!

--- Kelly Erin Hannon Lapin Vance!

--- the resurrected headless body of Ed Truck!

Actually, it should probably be Phyllis or Oscar. Or, actually actually, Pam.

That was possibly the funniest episode I've ever seen of the show, I was covered in tears by the end. The Jim/Dwight dynamic has always been my favourite part of the show and it was back in a major way. Also, loved Kevin saying the pledge of allegiance out of time and his demanding of a massage. Fantastic episode and it shows that it can still be compelling and entertaining without Michael.

This was a fabulous episode. Jim totally should have realized that Dwight would get called up to be manager if he passed on it, so he totally deserved what happened. I loved that Creed's been made temporary manager. Will he actually do anything?

Who is this executive assistant and when can she go away? I don't want her taking any of the spotlight away from Erin. Also, she looks like a toothpick.

Manager Creed *period* could work, but he's not a salesman.

I loved everything with the gun. That was pretty amazing, especially Toby being all excited about filling out his forms. "There's a whole section on terrorism!" But man, poor Andy - worker's comp lawsuit coming up?

I'm a little dense - I just realized last night that it was Jo's dog that DeAngelo saved to get the job.

I wonder what's wrong with Kelly, illness-wise?

None... she was just lying about her being late because of America Idol auditions.

Now THAT is what I'm talking about! This episode was full of awesomeness! An instant TOP-FIVE. Wow.

* Look of dawning comprehension b;w Jim and Pam as Dwight is offered the job!

* Pam: What have you done???

* Mose yelling at the top of his lungs which startled Dwight!

Dwight's changes:

Time clock!

Large, Junior Employee business cards!

Pledge of Allegiance!

21 digit copier code!

Coffee Honor System w/camera surveillance!

Dwight's Desk! OMGWTFLOLz!!!!!!!!!!! A Pirana??!?! HAHAHHA!

Vending Machines - Gone!

* Join the Fist! Classic Jim/Dwight stuff, which has been missing.

* YOU'RE PRE-FIRED!

* Andy can't find his perfect C note!

* Toby being super happy with gun write-up!

* I love you guys, but don't cross me, you're the best!

* Piranha in the toilet bowl! LOL!

* I <3 Kevin! All of his scenes were hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That massage was awesome!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOFLFO! KNEAD IT LIKE A PIZZA! BUT DON'T EAT IT!

Creed in charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----

Kathy Bates looked horrible, right?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.